• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UndrDog's Matches. *Updated April 26th (04-23 vids)*

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I play against a Samus who likes to abuse that attack as well. But your Pit does seem very strong nonetheless. Against that particular move, I like to jump along with her and dodge it into a Fair or sideB.
Also, after you knocked her of the stage, you seemed a bit reluctant to chase after her, even when you had a low percentage. I would consider doing so, especially since as you attack her in the air, you're recharging your Fsmash, so if she does comeback, you'll have her percentage higher and your Fsmash will be strong again, making it easier to kill her.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I've been sick recently so all I've been able to do is speculate. I played some friendlies with him as Metaknight and decided to mask the pursuit strat as me screwing around as Metaknight while in a semi-wakened state. lol

All in all though with the Zair I'm trying to learn the timing so I can Dash at her and Powershield her Zair. I've gotten very good at it but that move is still foreign to me and is hard to get the timing down.

Thanks for you input. ^_^

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Added five matches, four of which have optional commentary. ^_^ Keep in mind the commentary is mostly for fun. lol

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
I'll try to help. You have good reactions, and are able to dodge a lot of things. You're powershielding is nice as well. What I'm noticing is that your offense predictable, and you're ignoring some moves.

Your approach is always a short hop or a dash attack, both of which are highly punishable if blocked or missed. Use your tilts too.

You're using the F-smash too much when close. You may have noticed the Samus countering with an F-smash of her own on block. Try the AAA. This can also lower the penalty of diminishing attacks, keeping your F-smash as a KO move.

Be more daring in your edgeguarding. Jump way out there to intercept him.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah I completely agree with everything though my F-Smash has always kept enough umph to remain a finishing attack regardless of how many times I use it. And I've also found it scerws with my opponent's Powershield. Whenever the Samus manages to PS both attacks of the F-Smash it's almost always dumb-luck.

I'll take what you said into account though. I've got some more matches from today I'll try to get on soon. If for no other reason but the fun of it.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Updated with matches from March 20th. I believe these were played before your advice Rhy, lol.

riddlenzomg

Smash Rookie
yeah i would just say aaa more and maybe grab less at higher percents
its easier to follow up with an arrow or 2 or even another move if you use the aaa
and maybe use arrows a little more on recoverys it helps a lot to defend againt edge gaurding

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
lol Well Jasona's a Samus player through and through. Not too much I can do on that end. ^_^

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Twenty new matches from 03-30-08 are up and are mostly comprised of matches against Marth!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
LOL I thought my previous links were bad. Nah, I leave the April Fool's stuff for conspire in the Backroom.

Vaxxaruis

Smash Apprentice
undrdog less run attack its TOO punishable ues shild slide grab or run spot dodge and punsish if he catches on heheh use downsmash alor forward smash less around like 70 ten use it agian around 110-120% alot of aaa for spot dodgers it eats them up and arrows as u know your pits good idk ill watch more vids and give more advice

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
i think comparing youself by watching another person play is totally different from playing the person.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Thanks for the advice, but I'm not sure I'm really feeling it. I think in the instances described my tactics work better.

escajehubus could very well have an amazing Pit. Unfortunately I don't play Wifi matches.

Anyway new videos will be coming out his Sunday. Could have them out today but eh.

EDIT: AW SNAP! I DIDN'T UPDATE THIS! lol I'll just add a link to the playlist Go to the last page for the most current matches. I use Arrow Chasing in some of these.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
30 new matches from 04-13-08 have been added. 29 and 30 are particularly enjoyable. ^_^

ChokE

Smash Apprentice
you really dont like the u throw even when they are at high percent. I see you choose down throw over the up throw, is there a reason for that?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
On most stages it doesn't kill, and the fall back down only gives my opponent time to think. It'd rather put them just low enough that they have to keep their mind on the game at hand while high enough for me to plan ahead just a little.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Ten new matches from 04-21-08, check last page in the playlist. Link to the playlist is located in the first post as always.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
23 new matches added from 04-23-08. It would seem that Jasona has gone emo and has donned the black suit for Samus. ^_^

Again link is located on first post.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
My bad, they were uploaded but not added to the playlist yet. The 23 new ones from the 23rd have been added now. ^_^

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Commentated matches added. The playlist is in the first post. The first four are rather old, dating back to March the 18th. However ten new ones from April 23rd are currently being uploaded and are rather funny. At least I think so.

Top Bottom