• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Undertale Mafia, 13 man! Game over! Town wins!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Okay I finished my re-read. I'll get to you in a second Gheb along with other thoughts I'm having.

Also "ignored" is a harsh word. Moreso "glossed over and forgot" would be a better way to put what actually happened.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't see too much of a difference but w/e.

Not sure if / where I should respond to Ran's 'case'. A lot of that is just personal/subjective interpretation of what I do presented as if it were fact. Stuff like "he doesn't seem to care about finding scum" just doesn't help the case. It's not something one can objectively argue for/against. He essentially summarizes my play from his subjective pov but most of the stuff he posts don't even qualify as scumtells. I'll probably leave it at that for now until Ran starts to make his points less vague and more specifically respondable.

:059:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That point is not something you can really argue against if you let it play out that way. My case is as specific as it will ever get. Plus there are examples that support my points. Also, how does J deserve a vote from what you put out? I am also wondering what your updated read on Rake is.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Rake can still die but I'm actually mighty curious about what the people that wanted him lynched yesterDay have to say about him now first and foremost. That's one of the things I was referring to when I said I call BS on a lot of reads. I really wanna see where this is going. To me Rake's still a compromise lynch that I can live with but will probably not actively push for.

I'll just wait for J's response before I say anything more about it. Sorry to keep you waiting but I'm kinda figuring out where this is going myself so I can't tell you that much.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Of the three people that I'm most curious about, two declare V/LA. Fantastic.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
*waves at Ghebberoo*

Seems you've got me though at least haha. I can keep you entertained at least till Sunday night. I'm just busy with other activities today, but i'll sit down and discuss things with you in a while. Definitely tonight though.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ryu. Why are you focusing only on Soup's play and not my own? At least try to reason with me. I get the same feeling from you as I did in Fire Emblem Awakening. Thoughts on Gheb's play yesterday and today?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake : Who is your scumpicks for the day?
TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas : I see you there. Thoughts on the current game state?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
*waves at Ghebberoo*

Seems you've got me though at least haha. I can keep you entertained at least till Sunday night. I'm just busy with other activities today, but i'll sit down and discuss things with you in a while. Definitely tonight though.
Fine with me. I gotta get up way early anyway so I'll go to sleep in a few minutes and wouldn't have time to discuss much for now.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Ryu. Why are you focusing only on Soup's play and not my own? At least try to reason with me. I get the same feeling from you as I did in Fire Emblem Awakening. Thoughts on Gheb's play yesterday and today?

TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas : I see you there. Thoughts on the current game state?
I'm reading through the game currently.

What was the exact role Soup claimed, and what do you mean by "There was a click as well"? Rather than voting you immediately I would like to know what exactly this means.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru

WHAT WAS YOUR FLAVOR AGAIN ?

ALL CAPS IS STUCK ON THANKS TO WOW. I'M NOT MAD I SWEAR

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

ran why did you cjeck dietz. like your most logical cjoice shouod have been to check me. I literally just role and flavor claimed yesterday. I like it very little your claiming rb but that im willing to live with but im not willing to allow you to say you choose dietz of all people when you were barely on my side that i recall yesterday and i was the largest and most talked abut topic. No kame gutsu on that

vote ran

also, ryu was town in fea so saying yu got a fea vibe is hilarious

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

So I am half-way through my re-read and I feel like I've found some interesting trails from yesterDay that I would like to prod into. I've only got 300 or so more posts to read as of pg. 8, but I need a breather for a second and divulge some of my thoughts to remain clear and concise for the remainder.

Here are some facts yesterDay based on Kanty v. J which was the big powderkeg that got the game moving. During the debate, people were trying to decide who leaned more on Kanty being derpy and Kanty being scummy originally before he came in and explained himself which dismantled pretty much the entire wagon and moved us onto our next areas of focus.

People who found Kanty to lean more scummy intent: Sang, Soup, Ditzy
" " derpy intent: J, Rake, Gheb

When looking back, Sang was fence-sitting the arugment, but afterwards she was the main pusher on the Rake issue that was brought up earlier. Ditzy was the most gung-ho on the Kanty is scum issue when looking back seems a bit out of place and a tad forced in that regard. Rake seemed to be siding with me, but in a way that is atypical from Rake (which Kanty, himself, pointed out). Gheb took the political route and just sat on that for a while.

When looking at this pile of names I think the ones that stand out more for me is Ditzy on the scummy intent and then I would defintiely want to look at one of Rake/Gheb. I am not sure I believe both of those slots are scum, but something is definitely up with the Gheb slot the more I look at his posts. Rake's posts could actually just be him trying to be more open and then moving onto explosive dialogue because no one likes being pushed.

Segway into my next thought, when looking at the Rake v. Koopy thing that started with knowledge from what happens in this story later, I would actually say that Rake=/=Koopy in terms of a scum-team. I am moreso leaning on one of Koopy or Rake being scum at this point and I am feeling more confident on that. Both have points against them and both, but for me it is looking at who is faking things more rather and who is actually looking for scum. In this light, I give Koopy more points in his favor because he seemed to be trying to analysis the whole Kanty situation until that Sparky post that triggered what happened next in the thread.

To me, based on what Koopy had been doing earlier, this seems like a weird vote on Sparky. Especially since his more recent posts have been knocking on Gheb who was a Sparky pusher. I could also see how half the game was viewing this slot as scummy, but there is something about Koopy's intent that leads me to believe that he is not scum. If I am wrong on Rake, I would actually be looking at Koopy and in turn I feel Gheb makes a logical partner with him and Gheb is moving up my scum-list the more I re-read this game.

Rake/Koopy/Gheb hold weird things from me for the beginning of the game and I would say Ditzy lost a view points on a Kanty town-flip but not enough to make me more him from my town-lean pile. Just lower on that totem pole.

I need to continue reading because this is when Kary begins picking up conversation and she was in my pile of "can die" yesterDay and based on my gut on Joey being correct I will want to continue looking at this pile of Kary/Rake/Gheb because I feel I am onto something here.
ahhh the old if not one than the other. Classic

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas : Sans, Flavor Cop. I'd be informed of the player's role. So, I checked JD, and as he was going to tell me the results, there was a click, and then the mod proceeded to tell me that my action failed.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake : I said I would look into Kantrip and JD. I didn't have a problem with you, I would only consider your yelling and reaction to be out of place. I chose someone that I had no grasp on. That is exactly what I am implying. His catch up is underwhelming but I no longer find him suspicious for it, only stubborn town. What is your read on Gheb?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter

I'm partially better from bronchitis; still coughing up some mucus (ewww), but my headache is nearly gone so I can think more clearly again. Reading late-day activities from yesterday and interactions with Kantrip. Anyone got any questions for me while I'm reading?

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas : Sans, Flavor Cop. I'd be informed of the player's role. So, I checked JD, and as he was going to tell me the results, there was a click, and then the mod proceeded to tell me that my action failed.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake : I said I would look into Kantrip and JD. I didn't have a problem with you, I would only consider your yelling and reaction to be out of place. I chose someone that I had no grasp on. That is exactly what I am implying. His catch up is underwhelming but I no longer find him suspicious for it, only stubborn town. What is your read on Gheb?
Any reason as to why you chose JD over Kantrip? You did mention him first and then JD in a different post.

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Also Rake, sorry to have made you role claim before, but do you have any information from last night?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Simply because JD was more of a question mark than Kantrip, so I felt my action would be best used on him, who was away. How is the reasing going? What are your thoughts?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Also, just throwing this out there: NOBODY ELSE SHOULD CLAIM RIGHT NOW!

We had enough of that garbage yesterday and don't need anyone else claiming until the fullclaim happens in a few game-days.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to re-read (it's gonna end up being more of a skimming through as I'm just getting exhausted) but I'll try to post tonight, if not tomorrow. In the meantime, if anybody has questions or anything feel free to ask. I'll be here.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

so that means mafias roles are likely those 2 killer robots, the one hat tries to cook you and the one in the tower that pretend marries you then makes you do that crazy puzzle. But at the very least one member of the scum teams role is gonna be that robots name hence why i wanted someone to remind me of soup's claimed flavor

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Sangfroid, what are your thoughts on Rake and Gheb toDay? Any comments on current events?

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Sangfroid, what are your thoughts on Rake and Gheb toDay? Any comments on current events?
If you don't mind, I'll get back to you on my thoughts on Gheb and Rake. I'm only about halfway through my re-read and I want to have a full answer for you. It might not be until tomorrow, unfortunately. I'm really exhausted for some reason and my re-read is going super slow.

My thoughts/comments on current events are these (there aren't many, at the moment):
  • I somewhat agree with your suspicion of Gheb and it's something that I have been noticing throughout my re-read, but I will go into this more when I'm finished
  • Gheb's vote on J seems really out of place when it doesn't even look like it's supported beyond wanting J to answer some of his questions (is that just supposed to be something for pressure on J?)
  • I am confused as to why you chose to investigate JDietz instead of Rake or somebody else that was a large suspicion for town yesterDay (I don't recall Dietz really being one at the time, but I could be wrong), but I wouldn't say that I agree with Ryu that it's suspicious for you to get roleblocked (that's null, IMO)
so that means mafias roles are likely those 2 killer robots, the one hat tries to cook you and the one in the tower that pretend marries you then makes you do that crazy puzzle. But at the very least one member of the scum teams role is gonna be that robots name hence why i wanted someone to remind me of soup's claimed flavor
Could you explain the relevance of this to me? Beyond flavor stuff, this doesn't really make much sense to me for you to point this out at this moment.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I don't understand how you get t ostubborn town on dietz, his approach to me was more like bullheaded and like, i know dietz does do that but he only somewhat tried to talk to me, after he voted me he gave me one one liner to answer then never did any evolving with it, just kinda sat there and was huffy about it, so i need you to justify that. Geb's a slot i haven't really read in depth, but like, idon't feel like gheb's manuevering around or anything, like the way hes approached me, joey and his other reads and especially J is more than reasonable and i see glimmers of town intent so i guess im okay with him at the end of the day

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

If you don't mind, I'll get back to you on my thoughts on Gheb and Rake. I'm only about halfway through my re-read and I want to have a full answer for you. It might not be until tomorrow, unfortunately. I'm really exhausted for some reason and my re-read is going super slow.

My thoughts/comments on current events are these (there aren't many, at the moment):
  • I somewhat agree with your suspicion of Gheb and it's something that I have been noticing throughout my re-read, but I will go into this more when I'm finished
  • Gheb's vote on J seems really out of place when it doesn't even look like it's supported beyond wanting J to answer some of his questions (is that just supposed to be something for pressure on J?)
  • I am confused as to why you chose to investigate JDietz instead of Rake or somebody else that was a large suspicion for town yesterDay (I don't recall Dietz really being one at the time, but I could be wrong), but I wouldn't say that I agree with Ryu that it's suspicious for you to get roleblocked (that's null, IMO)

Could you explain the relevance of this to me? Beyond flavor stuff, this doesn't really make much sense to me for you to point this out at this moment.
I just thought the flavor might be relevant really. you never know if scum won't just name claim and claim a townie role, i do it as scum alot so if we can catch someone on that, it'd be nice, especially if ran's really a role cop that makes for a nice little two for one. Also, i didn't really want to out that info cause i was actually gonna suggest a flavour claim today. Like, it doesnt hurt us to do, doesn't side track the thread and really idk why anyone would oppose flavor revealing. I feel like this is a strong idea today. What do you think ? would you support a flavor claim wave over the thread ? why or why not

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Rake you are misunderstanding. I got a stubborn town vibe from Red Ryu. I agree that Dietz disappeared from that point, which is why I checked him.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
LAst thing im going to do is claim, I'm Alphys (**** if i can spell this name) , I'm town scientist which is a weak voyuer role. I get either set up information every day phase or o certain night actions that occured during the Night.
How does this match up with the information you have given today? Does this match up with a weak voyeur? Because you gave more than a night action.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
J, I would like for you to talk to me when you are available. I'm interested in your thoughts on my suspicion on Gheb. Sangfroid, I look forward to your conclusions from your re-read.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I just thought the flavor might be relevant really. you never know if scum won't just name claim and claim a townie role, i do it as scum alot so if we can catch someone on that, it'd be nice, especially if ran's really a role cop that makes for a nice little two for one. Also, i didn't really want to out that info cause i was actually gonna suggest a flavour claim today. Like, it doesnt hurt us to do, doesn't side track the thread and really idk why anyone would oppose flavor revealing. I feel like this is a strong idea today. What do you think ? would you support a flavor claim wave over the thread ? why or why not
I think it would have been an okay idea prior to you explaining the entire point of it. Like, it's never going to get us solid leads (and it kind of favors people that have played the game/are familiar over people that aren't), but now it'd be kind of pointless for reasons I don't want to get into right now. It wouldn't hurt but anything we got from it would be mediocre at best, and relatively unstable as a basis for any read. At worst, it could harm the thread by making us lose focus from scum-hunting and attempting to figure out riddles. That's just my opinion, though.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

How does this match up with the information you have given today? Does this match up with a weak voyeur? Because you gave more than a night action.
not really.It matches up exactly lol. all i got was a bit of a flavor hint, the bit about the robot really. We knew kantrip was dead lo, unless you didn't read. really all i did was clear up the fact that in bardull's flavor post he said something about no person being seen ? i can't remember the flavor off the top of my head but now we have a bit of a flavor leadd that a robot killed kantrip lol. Im not sure how you're hung up on that

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

my bad i re read the flavor, it says the whereabouts of the body are unknown. Still, the robot thing is pretty much only a flavor hint lol.

Top Bottom