• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Undertale Mafia, 13 man! Game over! Town wins!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I didn't know that "With the way he has been playing so far, I really can't justify what he has done as scum hunting because of how poorly he has defined his suspicions." Equates to not outlining why Soup shows scum intent. Last time I checked, not scum hunting means you're just trying to place reads on people, which isn't something townies would want to do. Why would I pay attention to something obviously RVS AND something that hasn't been brought up since early game? I really don't care if Kary RVS voted me, especially when it was 3 pages prior to my entrance into the game. The main point was that I don't see what I could have missed that could justify town Soup, and I'm not going to go out of my way to highlight scum intent in every post when he has posted zero evidence towards what Soup HAS done that could have been townie. Thanks for ignoring the part of my push that was posted in regard to Kantrip's vote and how suspicious that was to me. :v
That doesn't mean he isn't scumhunting, it means his reads were subpar, which is the norm for early game. You are just trying to make it seem like he isn't scumhunting, which is why it seems forced and others can notice this from your slot. I don't see how that point makes sense when your initial argument against soup precedes Kary's vote on you. They are both RVS yet you treat them differently. (Technically they are both on the borders of RVS) Also, you prove my point. You don't want to think of both sides of the coin, and you stay confirmation biased on Soup, when you only consider it in a scummy light. Anything people bring up that shows he may be townie, is thrown out. Finally, I don't see why that should matter, as that wasn't the source of your push, it only came after. That's Kantrip's own push, not your own.

All condensed into paragraph form to make it easier to digest the thread for others.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He was and is the best lynch. If you said I wasn't too strong on it. You would be right. Sped up a reread the day before, soup's replace out and interaction with Joey looked terrible.

Soup has replaced out as scum to let his slot slide by before to use Ate. It was grimy then and I find it grimy here.
That's null and you know that though.

J, I have a question directed to you in my #471. I'd like to see your answer to it.

Question for everyone dead-set on Rake:

If he flips scum, how does that affect your reads? How about if he flips town, how would that affect your reads? Who would you look into in each scenario.
J, I still need this.

Most of the votes that you quoted are just RVS though. It is wrong to say I voted soup just over one post- for instance I felt he was being defensive in response to Joey, and I felt that he was not really pushing anything. I feel like you are focusing too much on my votes when they don't tell the whole story. This game has really stalled because there have been too many people inactive and it is hard to get a waggon going- votes do not mean a lot in that context.
Well, you never said that, did you? Plus, you haven't been pushing anything worthwhile either. You just parked empty votes, which obviously were RVS it seems and nothing serious. That is more of a concern for me. It shows you aren't willing to stick your neck out. I agree that it has stalled, that doesn't allow people to vote willy nilly.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
That doesn't mean he isn't scumhunting, it means his reads were subpar, which is the norm for early game. You are just trying to make it seem like he isn't scumhunting, which is why it seems forced and others can notice this from your slot. I don't see how that point makes sense when your initial argument against soup precedes Kary's vote on you. They are both RVS yet you treat them differently. (Technically they are both on the borders of RVS) Also, you prove my point. You don't want to think of both sides of the coin, and you stay confirmation biased on Soup, when you only consider it in a scummy light. Anything people bring up that shows he may be townie, is thrown out.
Summarizing an argument/vote as "J did something that J might've not done as town" isn't just a subpar read, Ran. A read I don't agree with (if it has legit reasoning) is of course perfectly fine, but summarizing a vote like this definitely isn't.

If you're going to claim that he was clearly scum hunting, you're going to have to show where, because based on what I've read of Soup's slot, I have yet to see legitimate scum hunting from him.

Kary's vote on me is completely different from Soup saying he has meta reasons to vote for Koops and saying "I'm going to keep an eye on him". Kary literally made a church post and voted me. They're not very comparable in the slightest. Different context and different situations means you treat them differently.

Finally, I don't see why that should matter, as that wasn't the source of your push, it only came after. That's Kantrip's own push, not your own.
"His play in regards to Koops didn't show anything legitimate (especially when Koops play at the time was lacking in any scum intent what-so-ever), and his summary of Kantrip's argument is very misinforming and lacking. With the way he has been playing so far, I really can't justify what he has done as scum hunting because of how poorly he has defined his suspicions."

Direct quote from my first post (aside from "Sorry guys I just saw the game was up"). I guess since it came later in the post, it means it came after my push? I don't understand what you're trying to get across, Ran.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I answered this a bit ago, but I will again for the sake of explaining more. There were I think two questions that I asked J that he didn't respond to with an answer I am used to getting from him. It might be that I haven't played with him for a while but this just seemed out of character. The specific posts I was referring to were 270/271 and 344. Just kind of in terms of him only really giving hints and not being as open as I'm used to. Or at least of how I think J plays. He hasn't fully answered them still, but I'm holding him to them for toMorrow, at least.

I thought his early push on Soup wasn't bad in and of itself (I might not have necessarily agreed with it, but it was something), but his continued pushing of Soup even when Soup wasn't here just seemed a bit like tunneling to the point that I didn't know what his other reads were.

My opinion of Joey is null. I kind of flip flop back and forth between reading him because, while I do still believe I can see some effort and intent behind his posts, there are some things that give me pause of having me lean town for him. One of those things being his continued and intense (but also not intense) focus on Soup. I would only join you on Joey toDay if there weren't others on the table I'd want to lynch more, such as Rake (or even Koopa).

My question is, do you actually think Joey is a viable lynch for toDay? With so many people just in here occasionally and with less than 24 (12?) hours til deadline, do you think you have enough time to get support for a Joey lynch?
1. Hmm, I see what you mean. I think my question to him above is related to that as well, so please consider it. I don't understand why he keeps Kary under the rug as a scumread yet doesn't really try to push it, and yells at others for not stepping up. Definetly will keep my eye on J, as he is keeping his cards so close to his chest. That's all though. I am interested in what he brings to the table.

2. Yes, and it shows that he is only focusing on that, and does nothing else. Just as you can see, he is only posting to reply to me, instead of staying active. He has no other reason or motivation to keep posting, only to paint my slot as scum with a very weak reason, and he has to keep it up to stay genuine.

3. I thought there was support, from Gheb (who voted Joey), J, and others. At this point in time I don't see it that way, and I thought we could get people to move yet Rake is not fighting for his own lynch, and people are being lazy and being dead set on him. People are being too stubborn and I feel the same thing as Soup's Masqurade mafia will happen, people will sit happily on their own votes without compromising.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
This game is just so bizarre to me. Somebody talk to me about something. Anything. We're a little over 24 hours away from deadline and, besides Rake, the only viable lynch people are talking about right now is soup from what I can see (who, mind you, hasn't been back in a while). People are so apathetic to this game it feels like, and there are a concerning number of people that have either posted nothing or posted very little.
my literal wagon is apathy. I'm not playing this game like that. you ****s wanna lynch me with nothing better to do have ****ing fun.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

It's the first day, this would be normal except for the fact that so much has happened in just one day. Even then, we have the potential to learn more when we progress.

Spak and Rake are my scum reads right now, and seeing their reads, a scum partnership between them seems to make sense.
I would lean scum on Soup because of his play. Meta tells me his play makes sense, but a few details make me concerned, such as the fact that he's used the "Trying to get out of RVS" as an excuse and the nearly replacing out is too big to be overshadowed by meta.

I have you and JDietz as my strongest town leans. Everyone else is a slight town lean or null. If you want me to elaborate I can, I've just been putting more of my effort in Rake and Soup as I'm sure one of them is the first lynch.
how does this partnership make sense at all. I call the highest level of bull on this read, why would i have him come save my sinking ship at all.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I don't necessarily think that people disliking Spak are scum. While I think Spak looks townie, a lot of his thought processes in this game are bad and he's focusing heavily on some bizarre things that I could see people finding scummy if they read him at surface level. His fixation with Kary whipping up a voting block in RVS phase is absurd and he's been wasting all his time on that one topic. His defense of Rake is also bad and pretty meta-centric. The truth is, Rake was avoiding answering questions or explaining himself for the longest time and he deserved pressure for it. Spak saying he dislikes the pressure because Rake looked like he was playing how he always does should not be acceptable.
I ANSWERED EVERYTHING, YOU JUST CHOOSE TO BLINDLY WALK BY IT OR "'DISAGREEE' AND NOT SEE IT. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SPELL OUT A ****ING READ

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I actually think Rake's outburst looked really out of place. I don't understand how he was so angry at a couple people trying to get him to explain his thoughts and voting him when he failed to comply. He exploded out of nowhere and it didn't look natural in my opinion.

I would be okay with compromising to a Rake lynch. I don't like his Koopa vote and don't think his explanation for it was very good either. He basically just said "why are people townreading Koopa he hasn't done enough to warrant a townread." While that very well may be true, it sure as hell doesn't justify a scumread either.
he deserves to be scum read. he has 0 town intent in his posts. he has no reason to vote me beyond me being a popular wagon to hide behind

Kantrip

Kantplay
Spak and Rake partnership is literally the opposite of my take on their interactions. I don't think there is a chance in hell they are mates with how Spak spoke about the Rake pressure.

Rake getting so furious over people having bad opinions is kind of crappy, though. I don't remember him being so temperamental.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Also, calling my outburst outta placee is bad and you know it kantrip. I literally explained my read 3 times and somehow you group of blockheads just refuse to see it. Koopa has done literally nothing to warrant a townread, he has 0 town intent, 0 push beyind hiding on my wagon and he hasn't interacted with or done anything to see me lynched beyond voting me that i've seen. and his plausible scum team is total ****. He just throws koopa in with me with no substantiating evidence and somehow thats ok, but if i say one thing and do substantiate it, somehow I'm scum

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Dooms Dooms : More than Kary at that point, who was hosting a church service, while Soup was giving legitimate opinions. His opinions don't come off as forced, while your argument against soup does. Your argument also becomes redudant. What I get from his #96 is that Koop didn't feel like posting as much, because he doesn't have the motivation too, therefore being lazy. This is a legitimate observation, and notice how Koops is currently absent, and I have no read on him. What is your opinion of him? (This will be the last time I go in circles with you, I think I explained my point enough)

TheKingofKoopas TheKingofKoopas : What is your opinion of Joey, and his push on Soup? Can you give some context, as I don't know what alignment you were in the other game. What are your scumreads?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I would be fine with lynching Koopa, for the record. His level of unhelpfulness and shallow explanations is bound to make him a target eventually and scum sure as hell won't night kill him. I could see him being scum, too.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Spak and Rake partnership is literally the opposite of my take on their interactions. I don't think there is a chance in hell they are mates with how Spak spoke about the Rake pressure.

Rake getting so furious over people having bad opinions is kind of crappy, though. I don't remember him being so temperamental.
I'm in a terrible mood. Sue me. IRL sucks yet i keep coming back to deefend myself from the same idiocy. I answer question and yet somehow it just slips through people's brains, or they choose ot to see it. This wagon epitimizes why i left Dgames in the first place. Literally 2 people have a legitimate reason to vote me, everyone else has hoped on cause is the cool thing to do. and then they do nothing but coast on the wagon and throw out meaningleess trash posts like "he hasnt answered questions". i honestly can't believe i can substantiate my koopa read but koopa can throw out unsubstantiated teash like me and spak are somehow scum and everyones like "but guys, rake voted someone and didn't strange him to death. he hasn't substantiated it even though he's said why he's voting 5 times. what a bad guy"

Kantrip

Kantplay
Also, calling my outburst outta placee is bad and you know it kantrip. I literally explained my read 3 times and somehow you group of blockheads just refuse to see it. Koopa has done literally nothing to warrant a townread, he has 0 town intent, 0 push beyind hiding on my wagon and he hasn't interacted with or done anything to see me lynched beyond voting me that i've seen. and his plausible scum team is total ****. He just throws koopa in with me with no substantiating evidence and somehow thats ok, but if i say one thing and do substantiate it, somehow I'm scum
I'm more concerned with my other questions to you than your Koopa scumread at this point, dude. I apologize if I've been a blockhead or whatever but you gotta remember it's a game and that yelling at people doesn't make them listen to you more.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Considering I have said that I don't think Joey will gain steam toDay, I will be fine compromising to Koops.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Rake can die but I don't understand why he's so many peoples' favorite lynch. His outburst after being pretty much completely worthless all Day isn't doing him any favors. There's two things I have to hold in his credit though and that are his reads on Adam and Koops. I agree with both of them.

Koops is definitely a better lynch than Rake at this point. He has arguably been equalluseless and his "it's Day 1 so don't mind my reads too much" sounds pretty much like an excuse to go after the two 'easiest' targets [Spak insistence on lynhing Kary is dumb and easy to argue against and Rake is just geneally a popular lynch].
Rake has a point when he says that having Adam high up on his priority list is justified. Why wouldn't his inactivity *not* be at least somewhat suspicious at this point? If it's not yet unsettling enough that he has been posting *nothing* at all, the fact that it's a hydra doing so is just really fishy. If Maven can show up, flat-out admit that he's not interested in playing and ask for a replacement why shouldn't we expect at least one head of the hydra to show up? Adam lynch has a lot more merit than people give it credit for and holding the suggestion *against* Rake is taking it too far.

Soup also is a better lynch than Rake. Almost inclined to say that it's an objective fact. Less relevant input at this point, arguably more suspicious and yet he also has had more interaction with other players so we'd probably gain more from his lynch as well.

Vote: KingofKoopas

Am willing to switch to soup if people other than Kantrip are game for it.

Koopa / soup / Adam are excellent lynches
Rake can still die for being worthless and not giving helpful responses. There are better lynches though.
Other slots aren't really on the table for one reason or another. Will not go in detail on any of those unless specifically asked for and given a good reason.

:059:
im trying to be helpful. give me time

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

We've got 10 hours and I am seeing the most recent vote count as either Rake or Soup for toDay and I am okay with either lynch. I'll be able to switch votes over mobile if need be, but we need 3 votes either way to secure a lynch.

If Sang and I switched to Soup, there would only need be 1 vote to lynch him, but she seems more adamant on not lynching him and getting her Rake lynch since she was the main wagon kick-starter. And I'll be honest a wagon with both Kary and Joey on it makes me wary especially when Ditzy and Sang are on the Rake wagon. I am firm in my vote on Rake and would like that to be the lynch toDay. Another point of interest is that Rake/Gheb are the only two voting Koopy and I dislike that as much as Kary/Joey on Soup.

Yeah, I'm pretty dead-set on my Rake vote and won't vote Soup unless we need a hammer moreso after doing a bit of a vote analysis.

@Spak You need to pick a side to vote on with either Rake or Soup since Kary isn't happening toDay. I suggest a Rake lynch due to bias of my feelings towards it, but I feel that is the right choice for toDay.
yeah, that rake vote you haven't explained. you stick to that vote. A+ game J

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I love how J goes from being fine with soup or Rake lynch to convincing himself he's set on his Rake lynch and doesn't want to change it to soup in the span of one post.

And by that I mean I don't love it at all.
by that do you mean it's sheisty as **** and j's entire reason for not wanting to swap is probably to be more buddy buddy with sang than before ? Or maybe that it being completly unsubstantiated is something we should, i dunno LOOK INTO. Like, his insistance to sit on me, and now to be like "nah it's rake all in im done with the day" is 100% the opposite of how J should be taking this. Knowing im ****ing swimming up ****s creek he should be more asctively pushing me off a cliff to get my partners and get my interactions and instead its just like "cya tomorrow guys. let's just all be ok with the fact i havn't explained this read"

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Dooms Dooms :

I get the feeling Joey's whole post is weak and struggling to come off as genuine. His push on soup is very weak, and doesn't outline why Soup shows scum intent. His root cause for disliking Soup is 'subpar reads based on meta', as an entrance to the game. Joey is only looking at the surface here and isn't really thinking of what Soup may be. Plus, he rags on Soup while ignoring Kary's church, who has voted himself and JD without reason and hasn't been doing anything at that point in time. That's a problem. J noticed this earlier, but Joey comes to conclusions too easily without good reason. This to me comes from a scum perspective, who knows who is who. Finally, Spak makes a good point that Joey is missing the rest of Soup's play, while Joey responds saying 'he doesn't see that', instead of saying why the rest of his play = that of a scum perspective.

This is definetly how I feel about Joey's play here. I think Joey's response to this ferments it.

Here, he waves off Spak's evalution of Soup's contributions to the game by saying "I'm simply don't see that." instead of stating why he's wrong that those aren't good contributions to the game. Yet Joey is focusing on the rvs aspect only, which is suspicious. Joey has hyperfocused on Soup and hasn't really looked into other options when he had nulls. He is my strongest scum read for ToDay.

Vote: Joey

@Gheb_01 : How are you feeling about Joey at the moment? Would you be willing to vote him ToDay (still)?
@#HBC | J : Same question to you. Would you be willing to vote him ToDay?
SangfroidWarrior SangfroidWarrior : What is your opinion of Joey now? Would you join me on Joey ToDay? Also, I have seen your requests to talk to people, and I am definitely willing to talk things out with you.
@Spak : Seeing as you find joey someone you can compromise to, are you willing to go to him now?
Kantrip Kantrip : I see you have a problem with my slot, and I think you like Joey because Soup had a problem with you. Can you please at least look at my argument against Joey to see if it may have merit? Please get back to me.
Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake : How do you feel about Joey atm? Would you be willing to vote him ToDay?
@Jdietz43 : Opinion on Joey? Would you be willing to vote him ToDay?

The above seven: How do you feel about Red Ryu at the moment? Opinion on Kary? (Please give reasoning for any read related question as well, I don't want to hound anyone for further explanation)
I don't really know about Joey to be fair, I'd need to read him in ISO, do you really believe him being disgenuine is directly linked to being scum or could he just be having a hard time of it ? I do really like that second point though, so I'll give you that one. Do you think joey's reads are surface too ? Why wouldn't he hop on my wagon as scum ? I'm a pretty easy target and there's tons of people with 0 explanation on me, wouldnt be hard to see me gone

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Shun Goku Satsu Rake Shun Goku Satsu Rake - Did you answer the question about why you would find Sang the scummiest out of J/soup/Sang in my position?
I think so, but to elaborate, I thought Sang's mechanical approach to you would be the easiest way to hide a weak read. You know how newere players will hide making elaborate posts (see the last game where fml was scum where mal thug hid behind mechanical posts ) the same idea struck me for sang

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't see why he would be having trouble with it. I mean, if he was, he could be trying to talk to others and make a little extra effort rather than only waiting to reply to me. Still focused on me. I do find his reads surface level, as he isn't really considering Soup's intent. I am not sure, but I don't think all scum would pile on you, because that's obvious. They'd most likely spread, so possible scum was already on you and he can be scum doing his own thing. Basically, Joey not targetting you is good play if he is scum. Plus if you are an easy target it's better for scum to let townies flock to you so people are mislead. This doesn't mean he is for this, but it's a possible explanation for your question.

TL;DR: Him not hopping on you does not = being townie, nor does it get him off the hook. He just played well if he was scum in that aspect.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

This deadline extension seems to only be netting more content from Ran's slot since everyone else is okay to just let the game continue as is even after belly aching that there isn't much going on. There is 12 hours remaining and no one is adding any more chips to the table.
i'm active when i'm home. New worl schedule, moving, holidays all add up

TheKingofKoopas

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bowser5566
3DS FC
0001-3508-1615
Rake can die but I don't understand why he's so many peoples' favorite lynch. His outburst after being pretty much completely worthless all Day isn't doing him any favors. There's two things I have to hold in his credit though and that are his reads on Adam and Koops. I agree with both of them.

Koops is definitely a better lynch than Rake at this point. He has arguably been equalluseless and his "it's Day 1 so don't mind my reads too much" sounds pretty much like an excuse to go after the two 'easiest' targets [Spak insistence on lynhing Kary is dumb and easy to argue against and Rake is just geneally a popular lynch].
Rake has a point when he says that having Adam high up on his priority list is justified. Why wouldn't his inactivity *not* be at least somewhat suspicious at this point? If it's not yet unsettling enough that he has been posting *nothing* at all, the fact that it's a hydra doing so is just really fishy. If Maven can show up, flat-out admit that he's not interested in playing and ask for a replacement why shouldn't we expect at least one head of the hydra to show up? Adam lynch has a lot more merit than people give it credit for and holding the suggestion *against* Rake is taking it too far.

Soup also is a better lynch than Rake. Almost inclined to say that it's an objective fact. Less relevant input at this point, arguably more suspicious and yet he also has had more interaction with other players so we'd probably gain more from his lynch as well.

Vote: KingofKoopas

Am willing to switch to soup if people other than Kantrip are game for it.

Rake can still die for being worthless and not giving helpful responses. There are better lynches though.
Other slots aren't really on the table for one reason or another. Will not go in detail on any of those unless specifically asked for and given a good reason.

:059:
Okay, I'm gonna try this again now that I'm not peeved and in a better frame of mind.

I wouldn't say I'm just coasting. In the beginning I was asking questions and I had my push on Spak. They may not have led to anything great but my pushes weren't meant to lead nowhere.
What bothered me about this the most was when you said I was using an excuse to go after easy lynches. I basically said that I was hazy on my town/null reads and would go back to read them immediately if anybody wanted me to. You proceeded to say afterward that you wouldn't go into detail on other slots unless specifically asked for a good reason. Sound familiar?
While Rake I would consider an easy lynch, I was pushing Spak with what I thought was contradictory to what he would normally do. I was actually providing reason as to why I was pushing him rather than saying it was weird and leaving it alone. At the same time, your claim on tHe-Man is basically saying he's inactive, and your claim on me is basically what Rake said with a few weak points.

What I don't understand about your choice in lynches is why you think tHe-Man is a better lynch than Rake. I can perfectly understand Soup > Rake although I personally want Rake > Soup, but Adam > Rake?
We learn little to nothing if we lynch him. At best, we have a few weak connections. Rake has interacted with more people, more possible connections.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Yeah, I thought the deadline extension would be helpful but it's just muddling things up for me more than it was before.

Okay, but, with this post and your post prior to this, are you basing most of your scum read on Soup's slot on meta?

Kary, do you fully believe that J is withholding information? Besides the posts that I have pointed out (in the post prior to this), where else do you think he's keeping things to himself? Do you think this is scummy or just not good?

I think Dietz honestly gave more concise and concrete reasons to be voting you than I did, but besides that I am also slightly confused as to the support your wagon has gotten, considering there are some people on it that I didn't even know had suspicion of you. Some actively scummy things you have done: I have only seen you really get involved when the matter pertains to you, you voted Koopa with little to no explanation (your post following that didn't even have any reasonings why), and your delayed explanation was something that could be applied to multiple slots at the time. I've stated before but it's just really odd to me for your scum reads to be people that aren't really in thread considering how many other people have posted.

There's not much (active) support behind it, it seems.

I am becoming less... comfortable, I guess, with a Rake lynch. While I am still fine with it and believe it is a good way to go for the Day, there is something in the back of my mind that is making me feel uneasy. I'm not even sure there's a point to saying this, but the continued support of many people that are just coasting on this lynch, how some people just seemed willing to immediately go along with it, has left me with a bad taste.
People who aren't n thad ? Does koopa somehow magially not count here ? And ryker not being here should count for more ? It's not scummy for me to be okay with the other people posting so I really dodn't know what conclusion you're trying to reach here ? I'd be ok to lynch J because i think the slots lack of commitment to anything is scummy. I want to lunch koopa, i want to lynch tHe-man. everyone else im okay with as of toDay

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I'm more concerned with my other questions to you than your Koopa scumread at this point, dude. I apologize if I've been a blockhead or whatever but you gotta remember it's a game and that yelling at people doesn't make them listen to you more.
I've answered everythong put towards me. What else do you want out of me. I literally am forced to all caps at people just to somehow turn on their brains to read the words I'm typing out

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

LAst thing im going to do is claim, I'm Alphys (**** if i can spell this name) , I'm town scientist which is a weak voyuer role. I get either set up information every day phase or o certain night actions that occured during the Night.

Take that as you will because I really don't know what else to do now, I've done nothing but defend myself and state my case and yet i'm no better off for it. Literally have had all my energy to play this game sucked out by the amount of ridiculous **** that is and has occured. Like, i don't understand how more people aren't okay with my wagon. LITERALLY TWO PEOPLE HAVE EXPLAINED THEIR VOTES. THIS SOMEHOW WORRIES NOONE. NOONE'S LOOKING AT HOW EASILY I'VE MADE IT TO L-1 OR HOW HARD IT'S STAGNATED NOW ? Like **** i hate all capsing but seriously, how is it my wagon can form out of the eher, and people can vote me with no substantiating evidence and no legitmate reason or even one illegitmiate reason why i'm scum, it literally boils down to people not liking that i didn't come down on koopa's throat like aa ****ing boat. I stated numerous times why he deserved a vote and people just choose to ignore it. Like, the blind ignorance of this wagon astounds me

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

and the amount of afk's me included kills any game momentum. Like, im trying to be active but it's almost impossible now to rate or create content when i have to reconsider how i felt on maven because ryu's doing well, or how much soup annoyed me now that ranmarru's here and hasnt done anything to make soups slot less worrisome except for be here and try, and with joey gone ? (was that a serious out) and ryker/xonar being donzo the thread is like a barren wasteland

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Koopa, explain your scumreads. Talk to me about Red Ryu, Joey, and Kary.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Unvote

I guess that's the first order of business. I'm working on replies at the moment but also cooking dinner so give me some time.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I'm in a terrible mood. Sue me. IRL sucks yet i keep coming back to deefend myself from the same idiocy. I answer question and yet somehow it just slips through people's brains, or they choose ot to see it. This wagon epitimizes why i left Dgames in the first place. Literally 2 people have a legitimate reason to vote me, everyone else has hoped on cause is the cool thing to do. and then they do nothing but coast on the wagon and throw out meaningleess trash posts like "he hasnt answered questions". i honestly can't believe i can substantiate my koopa read but koopa can throw out unsubstantiated teash like me and spak are somehow scum and everyones like "but guys, rake voted someone and didn't strange him to death. he hasn't substantiated it even though he's said why he's voting 5 times. what a bad guy"
The bolded summarizes my unease with the wagon, I think. While I don't think that everybody on the wagon is scum, that just either leaves people being lazy or just not wanting to contribute.

Would you guys lynch Koops?
At this point, it's the only other option I'm more or less comfortable with.

People who aren't n thad ? Does koopa somehow magially not count here ? And ryker not being here should count for more ? It's not scummy for me to be okay with the other people posting so I really dodn't know what conclusion you're trying to reach here ? I'd be ok to lynch J because i think the slots lack of commitment to anything is scummy. I want to lunch koopa, i want to lynch tHe-man. everyone else im okay with as of toDay
People who aren't in thread as in people that haven't really been actively posting. Koopa wasn't really actively posting when you said that he was one of your scum reads, at least in my head. It's not scummy, but it's odd that your scum reads were people that we're posting all that much. As I explained, I don't really understand how you could have had two of your biggest scum reads be (relatively) inactive people when there were, IMO, people being actively scummy. Then again, after re-reading, Koopa wasn't as inactive as some other players.

I really want to look into J more toMorrow. It seems I'm not the only one with some nagging suspicion of him. (I thought it was just my bias, but we'll see).

I'm just gonna be honest and say I don't even know where my head is at right now or where I even want to look besides a few people. Besides Koopa, I'm mainly concerned about J and Kary. My concerns about Rake are being pushed to the side for the Day because I need to reanalyze my read of him, as well as my other reads. I don't have time to do so fully this evening, but I will be here, in and out, for a few hours.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Koops viewed and only replied to Gheb when I have been waiting for him to answer questions directed to him. I would not have a problem if he was posting actively, but that isn't the case. I find his slot underwhelming, and didn't think of it until I mentioned it to Joey. Since we only have around 4 hours until deadline, I'm going to drop my vote:

Vote: KingoftheKoops

Kantrip

Kantplay
Ran and Rake have both claimed flavour-based investigative roles. While not guaranteed, I think this incriminates one of them as I doubt town has two such roles. I really think it would be wise to lynch between them and I still strongly prefer Ran.

I don't much like the idea of a last-minute redirect to Koopa whom no one seems to object to lynching but no one is really hardcore invested in it either. We won't get a lot of information should he flip town because everyone has basically said the same thing when it comes to lynching him.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I don't either, I'd prefer Joey. Yet I don't think that will happen toDay.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't see Rake and Ran being partners. I also can't see Rake being scum with Koopa, J, or Spak based on interactions between those slots. I do think it is likely he is town at this point and definitely feel there were scum driving his wagon.

If Ran is scum, as I think he is, I would look into J as being a possible partner. The way he was initially fine with going soup but then became adamant that it should be Rake was grimy, and I could see his initial support of the Rake wagon as being an attempt to get pressure off of soup.

If Koopa is scum I don't see any reason why Ran/J can't be his two partners. If he is town I would look at Gheb more because I didn't like Gheb's random comment of "Can someone tell me why we can't just lynch Koopa" without actually taking any action. This could also be a case for Gheb scum with Rake by supporting the wagon Rake wants but it would have been much easier to just support the soup wagon if Gheb and Rake were partners so I don't see this as likely.

So at the moment I'm really thinking a Ran lynch would help us sort things out the most because toMorrow is just going to be Ran vs Rake part 2 if we lynch Koopa.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
Is deadline at midnight or 3am EST?

Request votecount

(Is that how you do it? I can't remember)

Ran and Rake have both claimed flavour-based investigative roles. While not guaranteed, I think this incriminates one of them as I doubt town has two such roles. I really think it would be wise to lynch between them and I still strongly prefer Ran.
Voting/lynching based on a conceived set-up this early in the game is not entirely advisable, in my opinion. And what would happen if one of them flipped the same thing they claimed? Would you then attempt to lynch the other? It's definitely not my preferred for D1.

I don't much like the idea of a last-minute redirect to Koopa whom no one seems to object to lynching but no one is really hardcore invested in it either. We won't get a lot of information should he flip town because everyone has basically said the same thing when it comes to lynching him.
There have been a few people that have investigated Koopa, maybe not hardcore but I know at least two that have thrown suspicion his way even before a wagon started. I think you're making an exaggeration here, as there may be some info given to us based on his flip regardless.

Kantrip, what of Ran's do you find scummy? Specifically Ran, as I think we've already hashed through people's problems with Soup.

Top Bottom