• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UMCP smashers

CTL17

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's me, I'm not sure how you got my name though, unless you remembered it from Shell Shocked. I'm up for some smash at noon, too.
You registered for singles as "Jeffrey." You should get some of our numbers. They should be on the Shell Shocked post.

reslived

Smash Apprentice
sup. i went to the tourney tonight may 4. met some pretty sick people. would be nice to play with more people but probably have to wait til fall semester...

oh i play mostly marth/ness

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
doesn't sleepy live like..in georgia..? so does that mean he just randomly drives/(flies?) up to MD just to hangout with his fellow asians? dedication right there.
Nah he just happened to be uhh ... vaguely in the region (he was driving his parents to PA or something)

it is always nice hanging out with wenbo and winston, though!

reslived

Smash Apprentice
I live pretty close to CP. Although this is a melee thread I'm actually only a serious brawl player... there wouldnt happen to be a separate thread for that would there?

Zephyros

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to attempt to make that thread matter, though honestly, If you want to play brawl, let me know. I play on a pretty regular basis with luckay. Hopefully next year's brawl scene will be more active.

Bones0

Smash Legend
I don't see the barlw scene as sustainable. I think its fun with mods to have as a side tournament if your event is large enough, but otherwise I think we should consciously choose to kill it when possible. Its not a "growth industry" as far as Smashboards is concerned. It can only drain resources away from the real growth product, which is Melee.

Zephyros

Smash Apprentice
When smash players of any kind start hating on other smash players, it's not good for the community as a whole. Look at the weeklies at Xanadu, which host both brawl and melee. Those weekly events are fun, successful, and get an online following because of the live stream. That sounds like the sort of event that will help the smash community be sustainable.

Additionally, if you want to bring new blood into the melee scene, you probably would benefit greatly from drawing on the brawl scene for new players. The only reason I chose to start improving my melee game was because CTL came to brawl events.

Food for thought. I won't argue the point any further, nor should you.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
you could probably find a similar quote from a melee player tbh :reverse:

reslived

Smash Apprentice
never was allowed games at home. by the time i was old enough to play games at other people's homes, brawl was the newest bestest thing.

so im sorry if my lack of any melee expertise offends you, but trying to deny any scene the right to grow is pretty upsetting. People play brawl. And they do it competitively. As is still done with melee and ssb64. And chances are when smash bros 4 comes out, all 4 games will have a competitive scene. So I will play all the brawl and get good and I will enjoy it :).

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
He's joking
Just assume any Melee player posting about Brawl is just trolling for the lulz and you'll have a better time

Bones0

Smash Legend
I don't hate the players, I hate the game. ;D

All this barlw talk is making me upset. Winston/Wenbo, were you guys gonna go to Zenith? If so, it'd be straight if I could get a ride.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
Can I go with you too <.< although if Luke is still going I might just go with him assuming he'll be leaving from courtyards

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
I'll be up for some maylay starting like...next Wednesday. lol

ycz12

Smash Ace
Repost from the Xanadu thread:

Hey guys, I'm gonna be living near Baltimore this summer for an internship and would love to get some Melee in with you all. I'm staying here; does anyone live nearby or can give me a ride to stuff in Baltimore/DC?

PS What if I dropped the name "Anand Oza"?

CTL17

Smash Lord
Repost from the Xanadu thread:

Hey guys, I'm gonna be living near Baltimore this summer for an internship and would love to get some Melee in with you all. I'm staying here; does anyone live nearby or can give me a ride to stuff in Baltimore/DC?

PS What if I dropped the name "Anand Oza"?
You're about 20 minutes from me. You're also really close to JCaesar.

Of course this Anand Oza guy is from Blair. These Blair kids. I wish I did more in middle school. My math competition competence always seems to lag a year.

Anand

Smash Journeyman
You're about 20 minutes from me. You're also really close to JCaesar.

Of course this Anand Oza guy is from Blair. These Blair kids. I wish I did more in middle school. My math competition competence always seems to lag a year.
Yo, do I know you?

Also, I might be down to play with you guys sometime; I'll be home for a week starting May 27th.

CTL17

Smash Lord
Yo, do I know you?

Also, I might be down to play with you guys sometime; I'll be home for a week starting May 27th.
Wenbo and Winston were Blair kids. Perhaps you know them. Math team people I know are Song, Andy, Sahil, and of course: Henry Scher and Matt McKutchen.

Anand

Smash Journeyman
Wenbo and Winston were Blair kids. Perhaps you know them. Math team people I know are Song, Andy, Sahil, and of course: Henry Scher and Matt McKutchen.
Oh, yeah, I know Wenbo and Winston. I was just wondering how you recognized my name (since I don't recognize your username).

CTL17

Smash Lord
Oh, yeah, I know Wenbo and Winston. I was just wondering how you recognized my name (since I don't recognize your username).
I used google because I can stalk people like that. In actuality, I have no idea who you are. In any case, I'll look forward to smashing.

Bones0

Smash Legend
If you want to drive up to Bel Air on Monday, you could play with DJ and I, but that would probably be a last resort for you. lol

CTL17

Smash Lord
DKuo is on a plane to Taiwan, I'm smashing with JCaesar at Laurel-Savage, and Winston/Wenbo might be back in their respective homes. I'm not sure if there are other CPers around.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
I'm in Japan right now waiting on my flight.

This thread is going to slowly die off unless the current students decide to take over...

Top Bottom