• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ULTRATECH's prototype cyborg - Fulgore for ULTIMATE

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Fulgore Mark 03, unit Serial Number: S4.Q4NT.YX-003 online
Objective: ELIMINATE ENEMIES OF ULTRATECH
Who is Fulgore and what can he do?
Fulgore, the mascot of the Killer Instinct series made by Rare and now owned and thriving under Microsoft and Iron Galaxy. The Killer Instinct series consists of three games, a Nintendo Power issue, 6 comics and a Novella and focuses on the story of how ULTRATECH hosts tournaments to test their experiments before going into full production to take over the world before the Shadow Lord Gargos arrives seeking to conquer the Earth.

Fulgore is arguably the mascot of the series alongside Jago being rivals to each other and appearing in each game however Fulgore is more predominantly featured in the branding and merchandising. Fulgore also has close ties to several characters. Prior to becoming Fulgore he was known as Eagle, the brother of Chief Thunder that was kidnapped by ULTRATECH hence his human mind. As property of ULTRATECH Fulgore works alongside the likes of Riptor, Cinder, ARIA and Spinal whilst facing Orchid, Glacius, Tusk and Kim Wu as well as the aforementioned Jago and Thunder.

What makes the Killer Instinct series a big deal this time around is that it now features guest characters like the Battletoad, Rash, an Arbiter from Halo and Gears of War's General RAAM. The game has good coverage at tournaments and is regarded as one of, if not the best, fighting games available currently and one of the few exclusives worth mentioning on the Xbox One/Windows 10.

The Fulgore Mark 03 features a heavy metal body that looks like a knight covering a nuclear reactor inside that can charge up to allow Fulgore to use Shadow moves, move faster and when fully charged unleash the Devastation Beam. This is done as time goes by but as Fulgore attacks he speeds his reactor up or he boosts it by a pip himself. However using his lasers slows this down.

The Killer Instinct series is well known for the combos that the fighters can all pull off what with the series having the infamous C-C-Combo Breaker and ULTRAAAAAAAAAAA COMBOOOOOOOOOOOO!
As such this would be reflected in Fulgore's moveset. In fact Fulgore would be similar to Ryu in how inputs can be done as well as heavier versions of attacks but Fulgore would also feature his reactor meter which, as mentioned before, allow him to use stronger attacks and his Devastation Beam. His Instinct meter could also be used too but Fulgore's instinct is constantly changing it's functions from faster charges to allowing for cancels at the cost of a pip.

What are some issues he might face?
Fulgore isn't particularly popular in regards to Smash requests. Even with Banjo now in, he faces competition in the form of Steve, Master Chief and many other Microsoft owned characters. One could also see Sakurai opt for Jago instead as he's the protagonist of the series.

Movesets

Height: Samus.
Weight: Samus.
Jump height: Samus.

Speed: Starts off at about Ganondorf level but goes up to Mario level.

Note: (Shadow) require 4 pips of the Reactor to be built up and for the button to be pressed twice.
Basic:
Neutral - Basic jabs followed by strikes with his claws

Side Tilt - Axis slash
Up tilt - A high strike with his claws
Down tilt - A kick, a heavy input causes a trip
Crouch - A low punch.
Dash - (Shadow) Blade Dash

Smashes:
Side - A different version of Blade Dash that has more reach the more it's charged.

Up - A slash with his plasma claw that isn't too different from Sabrewulf's Eclipse
Down - Fulgore slams both claws in the ground causing an explosion of Nuclear energy around him.

Throws:
Pummel - He punches his opponent

Up throw - He stabs the opponent then throws them up
Forward throw - He sticks a claw into his opponent and then throws them away
Back throw - Same as forward but he turns and throws them away.
Down throw - He stabs the opponent then tosses them on the ground

Aerial attacks:
Neutral - A basic swing of an arm

Forward - A heavier swing of the arm that can meteor smash
Back - a kick
Up - a slash up
Down - Fires a barrage of Eye Lasers that pause any momentum Fulgore has in the air.

Specials:
Neutral - (Shadow) Eye Laser.

Side - (Shadow) Energy Bolt
Recovery - (Shadow) Plasma Slice
Down - Charge Reactor/Devastation Beam (When meter is full)

Final Smash:
Ultra Combo - a series of 23 hits ending in a Devastation beam followed by a Plasma Slice, Energy Bolt, another Plasma Slice and then a a discharge of Nuclear energy around him.

Taunts (Can be cancelled like Bayonetta):
Up - Strikes this pose
Side - Sticks his Plasma Blades on his left arm up in front of him.

Down - Flexes and opens chest plating and closes it.

Victory Screen:
Pose 1 - Fires Devastation Beam.

Pose 2 - This
Pose 3 - This
Clapping - Doesn't clap. Stands there deactivated with eyes and blades off.

Metal as **** Dood Music

Stages

A very industrial factory/museum hybrid with a nuclear core located in the background. The stage will be a basic flat platform with one or two smaller moving platforms provided by the stages many machines. The main gimmick is that as the fight nears it's end (time is under a minute or a player is on their final stock) the background begins acting far more rapidly and violently causing some slight distortion to the stage. This is also reflected in the music.

FIGHT ON!

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Any of Fulgore's themes are good, but after playing some KI2 classic again not too long ago, his KI2 theme needs more love. It's aged pretty well. Of course so have pretty much any classic KI tracks, but that one's rather exceptional to me.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Any of Fulgore's themes are good, but after playing some KI2 classic again not too long ago, his KI2 theme needs more love. It's aged pretty well. Of course so have pretty much any classic KI tracks, but that one's rather exceptional to me.
I think the KI reboot theme actually incorporates parts of the KI2 theme into it. Definitely parts of the "chorus" bit as it gets towards the end.

The old stuff is definitely great though, especially for it's time but Mick Gordon's stuff is on a whole other level in my opinion. Season 3 really missed him a fair bit outside of Tusk and Arbiter. Classics should definitely be appreciated.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Kinda looking forward to Eagle; get the feeling I'll enjoy using him more than Thunder, similar to how I prefer Shin Hisako over vanilla Hisako. Hopefully this is the last post-season 3 character though, unless there really is a season 4... Not that I'm complaining either way when dedicated developers are dedicated and keeping the game supported with new content for this long. Still waiting for the rest of the character ultimates too.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I'm extremely dissatisfied with the new KI.

On the off chance that Fulgore somehow got in I would absolutely not want him to be based on the new game or bring any of its music along with it. I'd want him based on the old SNES/N64 version with Robin Beanland's music. But overall I just don't think Fulgore's a good fit for this game.

Regarding the 10 million thing, I think they're doing a bit of embellishing. While it's perfectly believable that this is how many people have downloaded the free version of the app, I'm willing to bet their active playerbase is much, MUCH smaller. If it was anywhere near as active as they claim it to be then they should easily be pulling SF5's tournament registration numbers and the fact of the matter is they simply aren't.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I love the KI reboot, but can see how it wouldn't be for everyone who enjoyed the first two on SNES/N64 or arcade. Still, they did everything they could to listen to fans on the game with literally every old character being brought back by the end of season 3, and then some after; that amount of goodwill or even just a little goes a long way. I agree that the music tracks of the originals are more memorable, but still a solid game at the end of the day, for me at least.

And of course KI wouldn't pull SF kind of tournament numbers. It's always been a more niche fighting series in comparison, despite the unique things there is to love about KI.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Honestly the turnout for a tournament isn't a good way to judge how active a game is. The competitive community is small and those who actively go to tournaments is even smaller. However going by the "Most played games" lists MS like to put out, KI is the fifth most played fighting game behind Injustice 2, MKXL, Tekken 7 and Naruto. Yeah obviously there aren't 10 million people actively playing the game but that's how many have played KI 2013 in the nearly 4 years it's been around.

PsychoJosh

"Fifth most played fighting game" is not really much to brag about... especially when the game's free to play.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Top 5 out of about 45 games is absolutely something to brag about. It being free to play is irrelevant. You don't keep players by being free, you keep players by providing consistent, top quality content.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I'd love to see Fulgore in Smash Bros! I mean, with Microsoft and Nintendo getting to be all friendly towards each other with the Minecraft Better Together update, crossplay with Rocket League and all that, it would make sense for this guy to be in if Microsoft goes the Capcom and Sega route and put him in with Banjo and Kazooie! Not to mention, with the game releasing on Steam, there's a chance (albeit a small one) that this game might release for Switch as well! To show my wholehearted support for this character, here's my interpretation of his moveset! Sorry if it's too gimmicky, but here we go:

Unique mechanic #1: Reactor: Above Fulgore’s UI is a number with a radiation sign on it: this is Fulgore’s Reactor meter. Over time, the Reactor meter will fill up one by one from zero until it reaches ‘x’, or ten, meaning it is maxed out. It takes 10 seconds to get one pip of meter at the slowest, but will gain a pip every 2.5 seconds at his fastest. Each attack he does will increase the rate it generates, and being launched or using his specials will decrease the rate it generates. At four pips, Fulgore’s walk speed increases, and at eight pips, Fulgore’s run speed increases. Fulgore can spend Reactor in one of many ways:

• Spend four pips of Reactor meter to perform a Shadow move by pressing the B button and the A button at the same time in a special move.

• Spend one pip to dash cancel out of a non-Plasmaport special move into another special move, though there is a limit over what he can cancel out of.

• Spend all ten pips of Reactor to use the Devastation Beam.
Unique mechanic #2: Combo Enders: When Fulgore is in the middle of a combo, Fulgore can choose to finish the combo with an ender by double-tapping the B button when doing a Special move. As you’re performing a combo, a number appears over Fulgore and the person he’s performing a combo on. This number tells you how much damage can be dished out if you use an Ender. It slowly builds up as your combo extends. The more it builds up, the more damage and knockback it will cause if an Ender is performed.

Jab: Two light punches. The tilt attacks are merely variations of the jab, and are not separate moves. Tilting upward will result in Fulgore using an uppercut. Forward tilt does a spinning two-hit claw slash on his opponent like his forward heavy punch in KI ‘13. Tilting downward does a crouching kick. Tilting backward does an overhead shield breaker akin to Ryu’s heavy side tilt, but this 'back-tilt' is only accessible while performing a combo. These moves have no knockback, making combos easier for Fulgore, despite the hitstun.

Dash attack: Blade Dash: This can be charged by holding the A button for more distance and power. Do the dash cancel input and A in the middle of a combo to perform the Blade Dash. The player can also double tap A to perform Shadow Blade Dash, which covers max distance and hits five times.

N-air: A spinning helicopter motion with his claws outstretched.

B-air: A backhand punch.

U-air: An arcing punch.

F-air: An inward punch with both arms.

D-air: A downward kick. Causes a meteor effect. Akin to his Air Medium Kick from KI ‘13.

Block + A: Fulgore stuns the opponent, leaving them open for Fulgore to attack and start a combo. In the middle of a combo from an enemy, Fulgore will flash yellow for a bit occasionally. If Block+A is pressed when this happens, Fulgore will either Combo Break (Ending the combo early) or be Locked Out (Go into a helpless-like state for 3 seconds) depending on whether or not the player misses the flash. If pressed during a combo while an opponent is attempting to Combo Break, Fulgore will Counter Break the opponent, locking them out for an additional second. With this, however, other players can Combo Break/Counter Break/Lock out Fulgore, making this a double edged sword.

Edge attack: A sweeping claw swipe.

Neutral B: Energy Bolt: Fulgore fires his claws in the direction he is facing. Like Ryu’s Hadouken, it is different depending on how long you press the B button. A light tap will cause Fulgore to shoot one, light charge will have Fulgore shoot two, and heavy charge will shoot three. Shadow Energy Bolt fires a giant energy bolt that hits five times.

Side B: Plasmaport: Fulgore turns invisible and reappears either behind the opponent or to the edge of the platform he is on. Fulgore becomes invulnerable when he is invisible. Shadow Plasmaport will have Fulgore teleport behind the nearest opponent and attack, similarly to his dash attack.

Up B: Plasma Slice: Fulgore rocket boosts himself while doing an uppercut. At start, Fulgore is invincible. It has an electrical effect. If Fulgore is in the middle of a Combo, it’s height is reduced drastically. Shadow Plasma Slice deals 5 hits.

Down B: Eye Laser/Devastation Beam: Fulgore shoots lasers from his eyes to do damage. There are three distances for Fulgore to utilize. If the joystick is downward when Fulgore fires, he will shoot the ground in front of him. If the joystick is to the side, he will shoot straight ahead. If the joystick is upward, he will shoot upward at a 30 degree angle. Shadow Eye Laser has Fulgore take to the air and sweep the ground in front of him with the lasers. If his Reactor is fully charged, it becomes the Devastation Beam, which goes through the environment and does immense damage and knockback to anyone hit. If Fulgore is KO’s before or when he’s charged, the countdown will restart.

Final Smash: No Mercy/Ultra Combo: If Fulgore isn’t in the middle of a combo, he will use No Mercy, which has Fulgore removing his head to have a machine gun turret and rocket launcher in its place, then barrages them with a rain of bullets and rockets. If the player presses B while in the middle of a combo, he will use his Ultra Combo from KI ‘13.

Final Overview: To put it simply, Fulgore is a literal combo machine. His tilts and specials can make for long damaging combos, and his dash attack, as well as his aerials and some of his specials, are great for starting a combo. His Reactor can be very useful for mind-games against an opponent or racking up more damage with his specials and dash attack. His Combo Enders can also be helpful to him as the player can end a combo early to launch them easily or risk a larger combo and obliterate the opponent. His Devastation Beam is also his ultimate weapon, racking up psychotic levels of damage from screen-wide range. He also has good recovery options with the Plasma Slice and Plasmaport. His Combo Breaker/Counter Breaker/Lockout system can also benefit Fulgore by ending an opponent's combo early, temporarily preventing the opponent from breaking his combo, and his Counter Breaker can punish the opponent for trying to. But his weaknesses are what make Fulgore a dangerous character to play as: he suffers from a learning curve bigger than Ryu's with his Reactor and Combo Ender system. Using Plasmaport to recover also has deadly amounts of recovery, leaving Fulgore open to attacks. His Combo Breakers are the epitome of double-edged sword, as a player can Combo Break or Counter Break Fulgore as he could them. Also, his Combo Breaker frames are very small, making it quite difficult for Fulgore to get out of a nasty situation. His Devastation Beam, while extra powerful, only goes horizontally and can't be angled, making this perfect to miss. The Reactor can also be sabotaged by being launched by other players, or Fulgore could sabotage himself by using his Neutral B, Side B or Down B. His air game is not that good either, only ever good for starting a combo as opposed to performing an air combo. He also sacrifices having a grab game in favor of the Combo Breaker system, leaving Fulgore with no means to grab an opponent.

If anybody thinks this moveset is too gimmicky, then by all means give me some ideas to make him less gimmicky if you can, I'll be open for them! :)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I was thinking about the Final Smash, and to make it more interactive. Instead of just one Combo, it could be based upon the enemy's percentage. Naturally it would end with [Name] Combo as is.

Triple (3)
Super (4)
Hyper (5)
Brutal (6)
Master (7)
Awesome (8)
Blaster (9)
Monster (10)
King (11)
Killer (12+)
Naturally combos come in multiple varieties. Ultimate(instead of Ultra) and Triple can be removed, while the rest could be spread out. I'm thinking Ultra would be 100%+ overall.

Also, what about Down B being the Combo Breaker? His animation would change depending if it's a Special or Normal move, and obviously it would only work(effectively) on physical moves.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I was thinking about the Final Smash, and to make it more interactive. Instead of just one Combo, it could be based upon the enemy's percentage. Naturally it would end with [Name] Combo as is.

Triple (3)
Super (4)
Hyper (5)
Brutal (6)
Master (7)
Awesome (8)
Blaster (9)
Monster (10)
King (11)
Killer (12+)
Naturally combos come in multiple varieties. Ultimate(instead of Ultra) and Triple can be removed, while the rest could be spread out. I'm thinking Ultra would be 100%+ overall.

Also, what about Down B being the Combo Breaker? His animation would change depending if it's a Special or Normal move, and obviously it would only work(effectively) on physical moves.
Hmm...sounds good. I think making his Combo Breaker a Down B sounds good. The reason I made it into a grab in my moveset in the first place was because I don’t think there was any grabbing in the original arcade version of Killer Instinct (That I tried to find).

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hmm...sounds good. I think making his Combo Breaker a Down B sounds good. The reason I made it into a grab in my moveset in the first place was because I don’t think there was any grabbing in the original arcade version of Killer Instinct (That I tried to find).
To be honest, even if there isn't, it's not hard to think of some grab moves. Plus, he's known for temporarily transforming into a character that he's combo'ing(as does Spinal), so that could be taken into consideration for some throws. And to be fair, Counter moves tend to be down b anyway, heh.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I'm all for Fulgore. He was always my favorite character in Killer Instinct. And even now he's still my main in the current game. Fulgore has always been a Rare character i've wanted to see in Smash besides Banjo.

PsychoJosh

Top 5 out of about 45 games is absolutely something to brag about. It being free to play is irrelevant. You don't keep players by being free, you keep players by providing consistent, top quality content.

But you just said its active playerbase is dwindling. I only said that the fact the game is free to play is the reason that it has 10 million downloads. I said nothing about the players they kept. Their actual player retention is less than a fraction of that.

KI is dying out, it's rarely seen in tournaments anymore and the constant bad decisions made by IG left a bad taste in the mouths of many, myself included. Much of the content they provide is actually quite low in quality - lots of effort wasted on pointless things that nobody cares about like Shadow Lords and bad costumes, instead of fixing the many gameplay bugs, store and UI problems the game has. It's clear to everyone that they don't have their priorities straight.

I wanted KI 2013 to be good, but it's obvious that DH's vision for it was compromised by IG. When TJ Combo was revealed everyone thought the character looked awful and it's all been a steady downhill slide ever since. While I do think Rash was a cool addition to the roster in S3, it was too little too late as far as I'm concernd.

But you just said its active playerbase is dwindling. I only said that the fact the game is free to play is the reason that it has 10 million downloads. I said nothing about the players they kept. Their actual player retention is less than a fraction of that.

KI is dying out, it's rarely seen in tournaments anymore and the constant bad decisions made by IG left a bad taste in the mouths of many, myself included. Much of the content they provide is actually quite low in quality - lots of effort wasted on pointless things that nobody cares about like Shadow Lords and bad costumes, instead of fixing the many gameplay bugs, store and UI problems the game has. It's clear to everyone that they don't have their priorities straight.

I wanted KI 2013 to be good, but it's obvious that DH's vision for it was compromised by IG. When TJ Combo was revealed everyone thought the character looked awful and it's all been a steady downhill slide ever since. While I do think Rash was a cool addition to the roster in S3, it was too little too late as far as I'm concernd.
. . .Please do not reply to posts from about a half a year ago.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I can agree that they shouldn't of prioritized so many skins over other things that needed fixing, but I enjoyed Shadow Lords still.

I'm glad DH got replaced after seeing the excuses they made against including certain characters tbh. Wouldn't of had my boy Eyedol back along with others if not for IG.

T.J. Combo I never cared for as a character, so I was indifferent to his reveal, but the best additions (of both new characters and returning veterans) were still in seasons 2 and 3 IMO.

KI is a series that comes and goes... It wasn't going to stick far as like tournaments forever no matter what they did. :\

... Regarding a Fulgore moveset, it should be reminded that he has a reflector move, at least in the originals, so maybe that could be a down special? For a finishing move or final smash though, kinda torn between his machinegun turret head and the chest plasma beam he sports in the reboot.

Ah, who am I kidding... Can't beat the current ultimate.

PsychoJosh

Well I did care about TJ Combo and I was really disappointed with the way they handled him. His moveset is fine, but he just looks so dull, and there isn't really anything special about him. I was hoping they'd make him into more of a "survivalist"-style character, you know - someone militarized who uses hand to hand combat, like a street fighter, but also doesn't shy away from using weapons if the need arises.

As I said, the quality of the game has been on a steady decline since DH left. So many things irk me about IG's design choices. They seem to care more about novelty than substance, but in a weird way - not insofar as having a novel art style, no, they still maintain that the art style of the characters and game world should look generic and boring instead of stylized and cool like the original games, but instead they focus on giving each of the characters strange and esoteric mechanics that don't add a whole lot to the experience.

I'm not bashing them for being creative, but I'm just asking at what cost? Does Fulgore really need a reactor fidget spinner mechanic? He got along just fine without it in the old games.

I really want to like the new KI but there are just too many things that bother me about it that I can't even begin to list.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not to be a stickler, but Fulgore was the last Season 1 character, And the last designed by Double Helix before the Amazon acquisition.

The reactor gauge was their design, not Iron Galaxy.

I dunno what you have against IG.

Sorry to ghost bump but I feel if Microsoft is willing to provide DLC for Smash, no matter how unlikely, they may want to package Banjo with a Killer Instinct fighter. And, I'd like for Fulgore to serve as the final opponent in Classic Mode before the Master Hand battle if so.

I'm actually against all these outside characters simply because I want more Nintendo characters, but I wouldn't object much to KI rep.

Last edited by a moderator:

chemo

Smash Apprentice
Honestly one of the reasons why I'm sad about Microsoft buying Rare is because of all the potential characters that could've been in Smash if it weren't for that event happening (and I know that Microsoft and Nintendo have a healthy relationship, but that still dramatically lowers the chances of most Rare characters). Not only would've I loved to see Banjo & Kazooie and Fulgore in Smash, but also the Battletoads, Joanna Dark, Conker, the list goes on.

Nonetheless, while I'm not too optimistic and I really hope we get Banjo & Kazooie first, Fulgore is my second pick in terms of Rare characters for Smash I want the most so consider me a supporter.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Goldeneye being in copyright hell is the biggest loss from the Nintendo/Rare for me at this point. What I’d give to have OG Goldeneye remade but with just visual improvements, like the cancelled 360 arcade game... While not as talked about as other Rare properties now, it was the 3rd highest selling game on the 64, behind only Mario Kart and Super Mario 64, and of course influenced shooters forever before Halo did.

Killer Instinct’s gotten by very well in comparison, despite the long 15 year hiatus before its reboot.

Last edited:

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
Man, having Fulgore introduced in a game with this name would be appropriate as hell. Can you imagine the KI announcer shouting "SUPER SMASH BROS! ...ULTIMATE!" with the title spelt out with metal letters?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I would love to see Fulgore in Smash. Now that Nintendo seems to be willing to work with Microsoft, it would be nice to see any Rare characters get in because that company has so much history with Nintendo. Speaking of Killer Instinct and guest characters, I was just about to start brainstorming making a Battletoads support thread of my own.

D

Deleted member

Would Fulgore having two Final Smashes work? I mean, he could use his ranged Ultimate finisher as a sweeping group attack, while against a solitary opponent, he could unleash an Ultra Combo without interruption (with the beats being from his combo in the Ultratech Industries stage from KI 2013), finishing with a meteor KO and the trademark "ULTRA COMBO!!!" yell from the announcer.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
I think the best way to do it would be to have the "normal" final smash be his Ultimate, but if you press neutral b whilst hitting a opponent, it cancels into a Ultra Combo.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
If Fulgore does get announced for Smash Bros, I’d love to see an alternate pack that makes the menu, music and announcer seem more like that of Killer Instinct. Imagine Chris or Mike calling out Ridley’s name or announcing the game mode you selected.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The way it's done in KI 2013 for those that have one (aside from Shadow Jago) is by starting the Ultra first but then pressing LP+LK to initiate the Ultimate so it should go:
Ultra -> Press B again within 2 seconds -> Ultimate

The Animator

Smash Journeyman
It would be great if Fulgore made it in, but I don't see it happening, if we get any 3rd party Rare characters its definitely going to be Banjo/Kazooie.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
When the original SSB game appeared on the N64, I was under the idea they would let a character from KI in considering it was Nintendo´s very own fighting franchise and SSB being a new kind of fighting game; the KI character would fight right in.

Before I played the game but saw the fully unlocked roster in a magazine; I was under the idea that C. Falcon´s character icon was Fulgore despite I could barely read the name and could not tell the face.

Later I would found out that KI was not even released in Japan and that western games were not quite welcome in Japan. That Nintendo´s first fighting franchise was Sukapon´s game and that the character in question at SSB was Captain Falcon.

When the Rare buyout to Microsoft happened I felt it made sense as Rare is western and would probably fit better with a western company but yeah I feel bad that most likely we will never see characters like Fulgore, B. Orchid or Gargos in Smash Bros.

I support this despite he has no chance and Banjo has more than the killer robot.

D

Deleted member

Realistically, and this is looking at the Direct showing off Castlevania and Monster Hunter as full fledged universes in the game has me believing more and more that the only two guidelines against representation are "No Fourth Party (i.e. cartoon/TV/anime/comic book) Characters" and "No Sony Characters", considering how gamers feel that Nintendo & Microsoft have a more mutual understanding while Sony is starting to antagonize (though in the cutthroat gaming industry, there's no alliances, only PR).

Granted, if Microsoft representation were to happen, the choices would be very limited as either they were characters that debuted on Nintendo (Banjo & Kazooie and Killer Instinct), or the most iconic dude they ever made (Master Chief). Niche things like "Cuphead", "Super Lucky's Tale", "State of Decay", or even something noteworthy like "Gears of War" (although a Forza stage would be awesome) don't stand a chance, plus if anything Minecraft is put into Smash Bros., it might be in a similar situation as Monster Hunter.

I still say Microsoft representation is slim and most likely would be DLC, but it's not illogical yet.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So I’ve been thinking:

With the fact that newcomers can have Echos (Simon and Richter) and that Echos can have major differences (Roy and Chrom), what would you guys think of Fulgore having Kilgore as an Echo Fighter?

Top Bottom