• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultra Project M: 3.6 Full (Another One)

CocaineBiceps

Smash Apprentice
Somewhere in the changelog stays that Mewtwo Y is added, but is it removed or replaced?
Man the music is perfect. You placed "bionis and mechonis" as map, you're the man.
I think I replaced it with the Dark Mewtwo Smash 3 skin to try and keep the new model consistent, and I'd throw in anything in reference to Xenoblade. #MonadoBoyz

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Hi, I don't play Project M anymore, but when I did I used your build. It had a Astral Final Destination stage with some very distinct Japanese Rock music. I don't think you guys have the song on the stage, or at this point if you removed the stage or not, but can you give me the link for the 3.02 build of Project M Ultra? Or if you could list the songs on Astral Final Destination for PM 3.02 that would be good too.

Please, I've been tearing my hair out trying to find this song since 3.5 released...

This is the FD i'm talking about

CocaineBiceps

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I don't play Project M anymore, but when I did I used your build. It had a Astral Final Destination stage with some very distinct Japanese Rock music. I don't think you guys have the song on the stage, or at this point if you removed the stage or not, but can you give me the link for the 3.02 build of Project M Ultra? Or if you could list the songs on Astral Final Destination for PM 3.02 that would be good too.

Please, I've been tearing my hair out trying to find this song since 3.5 released...

This is the FD i'm talking about
Say no more.

Jon Nathan

Smash Apprentice
is it an iso builder?
Sorry that I didn't report this before, but I tried to make the build and couldn't get it to work. but I tried again today and realized what was the problem: ASL.
Unfortunately, the ASL code (for alt stages) doesn't work for ISOs and the only way I know of to make it work in Dolphin is making a virtual SD card with the homebrew/hackless files. :ohwell:

Last edited:

CocaineBiceps

Smash Apprentice
Sorry that I didn't report this before, but I tried to make the build and couldn't get it to work. but I tried again today and realized what was the problem: ASL.
Unfortunately, the ASL code (for alt stages) doesn't work for ISOs and the only way I know of to make it work in Dolphin is making a virtual SD card with the homebrew/hackless files. :ohwell:
Yea I figured ASL would get in the way of the ISO build. Although I did recently see a method for netplay with virtual SD cards.

Jon Nathan

Smash Apprentice
Yea I figured ASL would get in the way of the ISO build. Although I did recently see a method for netplay with virtual SD cards.
Yup, that's pretty much what I meant lol
However, since dolphin doesn't support SDHC, having more than ~1.95GB worth of files will crash, even if you're able to make a 4GB or more vSD card.
That's why I had to split the files in my build, so I made a builder to add everything but alt stages and modules to the ISO so I don't go over the limit XD

000pab

Smash Rookie
Next tourney I go too, I'm so using this. If only I had a 4GB sd card though:(

000pab

Smash Rookie
I've encountered a problem. Whenever I click on the extra stages on the outside like for example techno base or 64 Final destination, the game freezes. Should I just reformat my sd card?

Also? Should I put the archive in the sd card as well?

Last edited:

CocaineBiceps

Smash Apprentice
I've encountered a problem. Whenever I click on the extra stages on the outside like for example techno base or 64 Final destination, the game freezes. Should I just reformat my sd card?

Also? Should I put the archive in the sd card as well?
Yea I'd recommend a full wipe. Remember to uncheck quick format when formatting the SD Card.

NickSmash

Smash Rookie
Do you have a version of Ultra that can be activated as an add-on in the launcher? If not, would it be possible to make it one?

For it to be possible, I THINK that it has to be only replacing files that already are in ProjectM's default file layout, and if there are any extra files added that aren't there in "vanilla," then it has to be replacing files that are of scripts so that the new versions of those files link to the non-vanilla files. For example, if you were to add a transformation special on a pre-existing character to a character that isn't already in Project M (say, g&w turning into chuck testa on a d-taunt), and you were to put chuck testa's moveset in as its own pac/pcs files in a file folder called "chuck" in the "fighter" folder already in Project M, that would count as adding new files to the drive.

Last edited:

CocaineBiceps

Smash Apprentice
Do you have a version of Ultra that can be activated as an add-on in the launcher? If not, would it be possible to make it one?

For it to be possible, I THINK that it has to be only replacing files that already are in ProjectM's default file layout, and if there are any extra files added that aren't there in "vanilla," then it has to be replacing files that are of scripts so that the new versions of those files link to the non-vanilla files. For example, if you were to add a transformation special on a pre-existing character to a character that isn't already in Project M (say, g&w turning into chuck testa on a d-taunt), and you were to put chuck testa's moveset in as its own pac/pcs files in a file folder called "chuck" in the "fighter" folder already in Project M, that would count as adding new files to the drive.
It's something I've thought about, but have yet to look into it tbh.

Imbusioux

Smash Rookie
Hey do you know if its possible to remove the project m logo that appears during the start up? I really dont want it to cover up my bootmen03.

YasashikazeSeiken

Smash Rookie
Hey, dude! Love this mod! I have a slightly selfish request.

See, I hate Saffron City as a stage with the burning passion of a million Foreman Grills. Not because it's a bad stage, mind you. It's quite lovely and harks back to my first days of Smash. However, ever since I've started playing Project M, I've had WAAAAY too stocks lost to gimps and meteor smashes. My frustration is magnified, however, by the fact that its tracklists were swapped with that of Pokemon Stadium, which my friends and I play MUCH more often.

Would it be possible to get a copy of the gct file where the Saffron City and Pokemon Stadium tracklists are swapped? Heck, if you need to give me the whole pack again to do it, I wouldn't mind that, especially if you're concerned about crashes with the new GCT. I just have a lot of meticulously looped BSTRM files for Pokemon music that is epic and simply MUST be used.

I beg for your help, sempai. ;-;

Last edited:

CocaineBiceps

Smash Apprentice
Hey, dude! Love this mod! I have a slightly selfish request.

See, I hate Saffron City as a stage with the burning passion of a million Foreman Grills. Not because it's a bad stage, mind you. It's quite lovely and harks back to my first days of Smash. However, ever since I've started playing Project M, I've had WAAAAY too stocks lost to gimps and meteor smashes. My frustration is magnified, however, by the fact that its tracklists were swapped with that of Pokemon Stadium, which my friends and I play MUCH more often.

Would it be possible to get a copy of the gct file where the Saffron City and Pokemon Stadium tracklists are swapped? Heck, if you need to give me the whole pack again to do it, I wouldn't mind that, especially if you're concerned about crashes with the new GCT. I just have a lot of meticulously looped BSTRM files for Pokemon music that is epic and simply MUST be used.

I beg for your help, sempai. ;-;
If I remember it correctly 3.6 uses a slightly different version of the track list modifier to specially work on PS2/PS1. At least that's what I got from this.

Last edited:

YasashikazeSeiken

Smash Rookie
Indeed, and that's what I did originally for my previous 3.6 build, but I wanted to use your awesome build. The problem is that I don't know how to find the section I would need to copy/paste Phantom Wing's GCT code into for the GCT file that comes with 3.6 Ultra, as the only point of reference, the ""C210F9B4 00000005" line, either doesn't exist or has been changed in PM 3.6 Ultra's GCT file. It was why I was wondering if you either could provide an edited GCT or if you knew how I could change it to make the change I wanted to make. D:

CocaineBiceps

Smash Apprentice
Indeed, and that's what I did originally for my previous 3.6 build, but I wanted to use your awesome build. The problem is that I don't know how to find the section I would need to copy/paste Phantom Wing's GCT code into for the GCT file that comes with 3.6 Ultra, as the only point of reference, the ""C210F9B4 00000005" line, either doesn't exist or has been changed in PM 3.6 Ultra's GCT file. It was why I was wondering if you either could provide an edited GCT or if you knew how I could change it to make the change I wanted to make. D:
In that case I'll take a look into it since I'm almost done with the homebrew build update.

YasashikazeSeiken

Smash Rookie
Also, I apologize, but I do have another fairly selfish question. I was looking to swap out the Ice Climber's stages for two Kingdom Hearts themed stages. Would such a feat be possible by using the updated Brawl Manager Program Suite on Lakora's site, or do I have to modify some of the code, even if I were to swap out the .rel file with the correct file needed for the stages?

For the sake of detail, the stages I'm looking to incorporate are two different versions of the "Dive to the Heart" stage by Sandfall. The two versions are the Sora version for the main and the Roxas version for the alternate. They both use the STGMANSION.rel file (title not exact), which I converted from the STICE.rel (also not exact title) file using the Lakora .rel Conversion utility online. It looks like he updated the stage textures for 3.5, and while the primary stage worked just fine, the game froze when I attempted to access the alternate stage.

Last edited:

Herp_Derpington

Smash Rookie
so i got the homebrew link and it downloaded all the files individually. do i have to create all the files needed for this?

BumiBomber

Smash Rookie
I'd like to report a problem with the previous version (3.5). (I have a PAL disc)

Apparently on a Wii, Lylat Cruise, Mushroom Kingdom, and Parachute will crash no matter what.
Could you please tell me which stage files corresponds with the stages as most of them are just called custom in the files. I want to replace the stages above as well as some other stages that I just found lame.

Thanks.

Last edited:

xFortissimo

Smash Rookie
Can someone help me? whenever i pick certain stages such as falcon's realm the game just freezes and does nothing from that point on. (i play on dolphin)

luckydearly

Smash Rookie
hey all, been trying to get this to work on Dolphin. I got the hackless pack and put it on the virtual SD card (4GB) but once in game the card appears empty in the stage builder menu.

I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong. Any help is appreciated

Edit: Okay got it working though some stages like Bowser's Dark World freeze when I choose them. I'll try a reformat of the SD card and see if that clears that up

Last edited:

Avavago

Smash Rookie
If anyone can give me some advice on what to do!
I have downloaded the hackless file, reformatted the SD card, extracted the files onto the SD card, and I seem to not be able to even choose to play the game. I seem to not be able to get to the point that the Wii reboots itself.
any suggestions?

Adam Sunday

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3151-2155-7054
Hey, CocaineBiceps, why didn't you give Link his Nobuyuki Hiyama (classic) voice back?! He was THE OG VOICE OF LINK!! Same with Takashi Nagasako for Ganondorf!! Couldn't find the files or something?!

Adam Sunday

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3151-2155-7054
Or do you prefer their new voices which are COMPLETE CRAP in my opinion?!

Adam Sunday

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3151-2155-7054
Also, thank you for putting the F-Zero anime theme in the game! I FREAKING love that song!! :D

Adam Sunday

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3151-2155-7054
One last thing, sorry for my volcanic rage on the first and second of my comments. I just REALLY worship Mr. Hiyama and Mr. Nagasako, that's all!

Top Bottom