• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The thread title is like a plain donut right now.
I demand the title be changed to reflect the injustice that is Louie not being an alt for Olimar.

Seriously, why isn't Louie an alt, or better yet, an Echo.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

pff Crunchiroll now cost 79.99 for a year starting may 1st 2019 for new users and mat 1st 2020 for pre exsisting users
*Sigh*

Seriously? They lock recent episodes behind a premium account AND now they're charging $80 a year that's pretty freaking anti-consumer.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
and your avatar is... um...
well, it's anything but plain... :laugh:
ill take that as a good thing, so thanks? :)

you know what you do with plain donuts? you put nutella on them. I dunno how that translates to the title, but uh.. nutella's good anyway

D

Deleted member

ill take that as a good thing, so thanks? :)

you know what you do with plain donuts? you put nutella on them. I dunno how that translates to the title, but uh.. nutella's good anyway
you're welcome, haha
and that sounds delicious

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
pff Crunchiroll now cost 79.99 for a year starting may 1st 2019 for new users and mat 1st 2020 for pre exsisting users
Forgive my ignorance but isn't $80/year a pretty standard rate for streaming services?

Netflix: $11/month = $132
Hulu: $8/month = $96
Amazon: $9/month if you don't have Prime = $108
HBO Now: $15/month = $180
Funimation: $6/month = $72

It actually seems like a pretty decent deal.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Forgive my ignorance but isn't $80/year a pretty standard rate for streaming services?

That's a good point actually. But anime is the easiest to find online. crunchy roll is more of a convenience than a center for it. but it also depends on the plans. like usually some have yearly plans cost less than only going per month. (i know they dont all have that tho)

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

well I dont use crunchyroll for my anime so idk if it is good or bad, all I know is personaly, it sounds like to much for me

And other services yearly subs are just as expensive, which is really stupid

D

Deleted member

it would be decent if crunchyroll's video player didn't suck ass

D

Deleted member

Speaking of yearly services, I honestly expect Nintendo is going to raise the price of theirs later this year once they roll out SNES games to NSO.

I could totally see them raising it every year as they add more consoles to the VC service.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have off today, so I'm going to do something daunting.

Oh Man Here We Go.png

I'm gonna tier pretty much every playable Fire Emblem character from the games I've played, and a few from ones I haven't due to exposure from elsewhere. I'll post the result here when I'm done. See y'all when it's over.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 200194
I'm gonna tier pretty much every playable Fire Emblem character from the games I've played, and a few from ones I haven't due to exposure from elsewhere. I'll post the result here when I'm done. See y'all when it's over.
Extremely interested on how you rank Awakening and Fates characters.

I look forward to seeing the results!

D

Deleted member

Crunchyroll's players sucks ass, it doesn't have enough shows to justify the subscription and you can find at least 5 pirate sites that run videos better than it.
Netflix works because it's one service for most of the stuff anyone would want to watch. If you want to follow seasonal anime there's a 90% chance you'd need at least two of those services.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
well I dont use crunchyroll for my anime so idk if it is good or bad, all I know is personaly, it sounds like to much for me

And other services yearly subs are just as expensive, which is really stupid
"Expensive" all comes down to options and whether or not it's worth it for you.

HD cable, at least where I live, is a minimum of $40 a month. That doesn't include streaming to other devices or DVR or anything on demand. That comes to $480 every year before you even pay for any modern conveniences. By comparison, signing up for Netflix, Hulu and Funimation all together costs me $300 a year, and I can watch shows anytime I want on my schedule and use it on any device I own with an internet connection. I personally consider that a worthy deal.

I mean, if you want something, you have to pay for it. The people making these shows, the talent in them, the execs funding them, all these people need paid or the shows won't happen.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 200194
See you in 50 years

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime

View attachment 200194
I've never played FE but this should be entertaining for the discussions that I'll vaguely understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom