• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
You know what's kinda sad...

For years, Smash hasn't had all of their veteran characters playable in one game. With Ultimate, that changed for the better.

For years, Pokemon has had all of their veteran Pokemon playable in one game. With Sword/Shield, that changed for the worse.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

For years, Smash hasn't had all of their veteran characters playable in one game. With Ultimate, that changed for the better.

For years, Pokemon has had all of their veteran Pokemon playable in one game. With Sword/Shield, that changed for the worse.
Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Ah **** here we go again.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon: Gotta cut 'em all

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

The difference is, there’s only like 65 verterans in Smash counting echoes. In Pokémon, there’s like, 800+

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
The difference is, there’s only like 65 verterans in Smash counting echoes. In Pokémon, there’s like, 800+
True. But still, you could still play all 800+ Pokemon in Ultra Sun/Moon.

I'm not as angry as most people are, but the reaction to all of this is still pretty justified.

D

Deleted member

For the record, spoilers are useful for large posts or images. For embeds, nothing changes for mobile users unless they're linked.

I apologize if I made my statements confusing on that matter before. Still, nice remix~
Thank you, and sorry

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah... just saw this at Serebii's.
Serebii said:
Some further details about Pokémon Sword & Shield were revealed in Famitsu. Within the interview with Masuda and Ohmori, it was confirmed that there is currently no decision to bring the existing Pokémon that can't be in Sword & Shield back into the game using patches, but those that don't will still have an active role in Pokémon HOME. It also stated that Mega Evolutions and Z-Moves will not appear in Sword & Shield

So much for my faith in them.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

HOW!?! How did the 3DS not just burst into flames when running the game? I always assumed they cut Pokémon between games.
Nope. Even though you couldn't catch every Pokemon in the games, you can still use every single one of them.

Guess we really underestimated what the 3DS can do.

This is pretty much the 1st time they're straight up scrapping Pokemon for a new Gen.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

HOW!?! How did the 3DS not just burst into flames when running the game? I always assumed they cut Pokémon between games.
Not all older Pokemon can typically be caught in a new game, but there's still a way to transfer them - like say you want a Goomy (Gen VI) in Sun and Moon (Gen VII), you cant't catch it, but you could still transfer it from older games via the Poke Bank

This new announcement straight up prevents many older Pokemon from being transferred forward

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
This is some good image reaction right here.

Use this wisely!

Raxxel

Hipster Heavyweight Champ
NNID
RaxxelAintHappy
3DS FC
2921-9637-8816
Okay, hot take time that I'm going to get ratio'd to the seven hells for:

I don't mind Galar dex having cut Pokemon. In fact, I think it's a great thing to do for the sake of beginners to the Pokemon series. Hear me out. Ultimately, the end goal of Pokemon is to fill out the entire Pokedex, gotta catch em all after all. However, this task in previous games only got more impossible for beginners to the series with each entry, because of the Pokedex still including Pokemon from previous regions that, correct me if I'm wrong, sometimes couldn't even be found in the current region. Beginners, unless they decided to get older Nintendo systems for the sake of getting the older games, basically had to then start finding shinies and IVs in hopes of them having enough value to trade for Pokemon outside of the region. However, with the Galar dex being cut down now, beginners might actually be able to hope to complete the Pokedex since they won't be at such a huge disadvantage from not playing previous games in the series.

D

Deleted member

FNAF VR has some amazing animations. If you have 5 seconds, I recommend checking these out.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Its gonna be a hot topic for a little while. Y'all might want to get use to it. Or the mods could enforce the topic to be moved or closed.

I believe that it's a topic worth discussing but only if we're going to be mature and polite about it. Which is ironic for me to suggest, but I digress.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord

I don't mind Galar dex having cut Pokemon. In fact, I think it's a great thing to do for the sake of beginners to the Pokemon series. Hear me out. Ultimately, the end goal of Pokemon is to fill out the entire Pokedex, gotta catch em all after all. However, this task in previous games only got more impossible for beginners to the series with each entry, because of the Pokedex still including Pokemon from previous regions that, correct me if I'm wrong, sometimes couldn't even be found in the current region. Beginners, unless they decided to get older Nintendo systems for the sake of getting the older games, basically had to then start finding shinies and IVs in hopes of them having enough value to trade for Pokemon outside of the region. However, with the Galar dex being cut down now, beginners might actually be able to hope to complete the Pokedex since they won't be at such a huge disadvantage from not playing previous games in the series.
I don’t think that’ll be of comfort to completionists, but it is a valid point.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

Yeah, I do agree that'll make it easier for newcomers to complete the regional Pokedex.

Tbh, I feel like they would've gotten a little less backlash for doing it if they used this as their actual reasoning instead of "balancing".

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
makes me wonder if they'll be out late June/early July like Plant.
Well, PP came out 2 months after launch, and Joker came out two months after PP. So my hope is that Hero comes out 2 months after Joker(later this month) and then Banjo comes out two months after that(late September).

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Yeah, I do agree that'll make it easier for newcomers to complete the regional Pokedex.

Tbh, I feel like they would've gotten a little less backlash for doing it if they used this as their actual reasoning instead of "balancing".
On the flipside, that could also lead to people claiming that they were casualising it for the newcomers - I don't know if there is a way they could spin this with minimal backlash

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Found this in the Bandana Dee thread, can anyone verify this?

08B1BD2A-7967-4571-802E-CDEFACACE5A8.png

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
On the flipside, that could also lead to people claiming that they were casualising it for the newcomers - I don't know if there is a way they could spin this with minimal backlash
Oh there definitely would've been backlash either way, I'm not denying that.

But the reasoning Raxxel gave actually makes more sense the official one. Hence why I think there would've been a "little less", but still substantial, backlash.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I’m starting to really want Nightmare from Soul Caliber now. Yeah I know we have Ike and Cloud for swinging giant Swords, but I think he could really have a interesting move set.

1. Soul Edge is a soul hungry weapon that can leach the life of its wielder and its victim. This could be be expressed as a lifesteal mechanic, Nightmare could enter a power up mode that deal damage over time to himself, but for the duration he gains lifestealing properties on his attacks. A risk reward mechanic that reinforces an aggressive play style.

2. While Nightmare wields a giant sword, he can use his claw-hand for his quick tilt attacks, leaving his sword for only the strongest of attacks making it feel “heavy”. Plus the claw is great for fun grabs.

3. Nightmare can use the energies of Soul Edge for special moves. This can be something simple like a burst of energy around him or it can be as something as cool as riding a spectral steed!
just imagine him riding around like Wario
996CFE39-D971-4596-B3AB-081CE2B38B04.jpeg

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

They've actually been moving away from the 'Gotta catch em all' for over a decade now. The slogan stopped being used past Gen 3 for the games, Gen 4 started the emphasis on completing the Regional Dex for major rewards and then Gen 7 took that to it's natural conclusion by only requiring the Regional Dex's completion while simultaneously removing the National Dex (where all the Pokemon are held) entirely. Unless you're a completionist there's little incentive for players to go past collecting the options that the region exclusively offers, so casual players who are just in it for the adventure haven't had to feel like they're missing out.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
So the Pokemon that are cut won't be patched in the future?
Mega evolution is gonna be cut as well?

Wow, I don't think I've been THIS disappointed in a Pokemon game before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom