• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Smash Fighting Championship Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Yo!!!! How's it going everyone?

I'm wanting to start something fresh and new, something that's never been done before on here (or if it has, it's been an awfully long time). I now present you...

ULTIMATE SMASH FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Now you might be wondering what's this is about and how it will work. I'll get straight to the point. This thread is all about playing Smash and showing your skills. Your skills help you win matches, and you will end up winning tournaments. In order to win matches, you have to go through various fighters to win...and sometimes you'll end up winning tournaments or championships. Think Professional Wrestling or Boxing when it comes to championships. When you win a match, you win championships and you will be the champion for that championship. It's all about how long your title reign will last until someone dethrones you. Until then, it's your job to make sure you defend your championship with pride, glory, skills, and a bit of luck. I'll give you several examples of the Smash Championships that I will be presenting for the time being...

SSB World Championship - The main title. It is supposed to be viewed as "The best of the best" and will defend the championship at all major events (at least once a month minimum.)

SSB International Championship - The Secondary championship. If people do not have enough points on their percentage to challenge for the World Championship, they can always apply for the International Championship and become the "best of the best" in the mid-card division.

SSB Tag Team Championship - A championship that is divided by two people creating a team to dominate other teams. They are supposed to be viewed as "The best of the best" in teamwork, loyalty, and dominance in the tag team division.

Sounds simple right? Let's get down to talking about how aiming for championships works.

In order to qualify for certain championships, you must have a specific amount of winning percentage or above to challenge a champion. If you end up going on a lower percentage, you're unable to qualify for that championship For the World Championship, one must have at least a 65% winning/loss ratio to challenge a champion. For the International Championship, I will give it a 50% winning/loss ratio. Tag Team does not have a win/loss ratio due to having a unique situation as a tag team. However...both teams will be affected by the win/loss ratio both in singles action and as a team. So while you aim for tag team championships, be careful if you end up on a losing record as it can affect your chances of aiming for the World or International Championships down the road. Now I'll give you an idea of what I'm referring to from another website I've done many years ago on how the percentage can affect you and the ranking.

Red = World Champ
Blue = Tag Team Champs
Green = Speedy Champ
Purple = Number one contendership for the SSB World title
Cyan = Number one contendership for the SSB Tag Team titles
Orange= Number one contendership for the SSB Speedy title

mygamecube2: ------------ 16-3 - 84%
Entertainmentinuse:-------- 18-4 - 81%
video_game_master47: ---- 17-10 - 62%
puffteam:------------------- 16-13 - 55%
pizzapie7:------------------ 5-6 - 45%
Corngluten:----------------- 5-5 - 50%
sarsars:--------------------- 2-3 - 40%
ILikeToadSo2Bad:----------- 8-15 - 34%
ultra_shadowcannon:------- 1-2 - 33%
tarextherex:----------------- 2-6 - 25%
Luigi-Dusklite:--------------- 2-7 - 22%
andwalryn:------------------ 1-6 - 14%
nhkawaguchi:--------------- 0-0 - 0%
Shiny_Rayquaza:-------------0-1 - 0%
Jeff_Extreme_Hardy:-------- 0-2 - 0%
blue.jay.link:----------------- 0-2 - 0%
marioman78:----------------- 0-3 - 0%

(Keep in mind this was under a different format, so chances of them being similar with slight modifications. The Speedy Championship is a lightweight title I made at that time for that run, so if I were to make another lightweight championship, it will be under a different name)

The colors here identify who the champions are and who the number one contenders are. Important to keep up on who the champions are along with how long their reigns are to make sure everyone is in the correct path. ALL championships will be defended once a month and if it goes over 30 days, they will be stripped of their titles. If for any reason that a person gets banned from Smashboards, they will immediately be stripped of their championships and/or #1 Contendership/Tournament wins that will give them a championship opportunity. This will create either a new #1 contenders match or a small tournament to determine the new champion.

For each Championship match or tournaments to decide the champion, each match will be played in the Best of 3, 4 stocks, 8 minutes match. The winner of the 3 rounds moves on to the next round with all the rules applying. The Finals round is a Best of 5. The tournament and championship rounds shall also have a neutral stage and/or Omega stage to reduce the amount of background interference to play fairly in the fights. All items are also off during these matches to play fair but in a regular match, ANY rule is applied in regular matches as long as each person playing agrees to the terms. If there is any issues with the matches, they can contact me and I can try my best to solve the situation even if it means I have to allow them to do a rematch and play fairly.

All rules in this thread will follow the ToS.

Now are you wanting to sign up? You interested in playing? Feel free to get on here and become the best Ultimate Smash fighter!

SSB World Championship Tournament

SSB International Championship Tournament

SSB Tag Team Championship Tournament

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I don't think you're going to get many volunteers for an online tournament on this site...

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I don't think you're going to get many volunteers for an online tournament on this site...
It's not an online tournament. It's just a tournament for championships first. Then play regular matches until one can go for a championship

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Because that's where some people suggested? If you got a better place, send the location please.

J.I.L

Banned via Administration
I'm struggling to understand what this thing is even about. Instead of this, nintendo just needs to instal a tourney mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom