• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Couch Multiplayer Experience

Princess Rescuer

Smash Apprentice
In order to unlock everyone that fast, you need to stop playing and read about how to do it. The method is very complicated.

D

Deleted member

I can see your point. I partially agree and disagree, so I'll go into both sides.

Agreements:
I think that if your not-smash-fan friends come over and are disappointed by the initial roster, it can leave a poor first impression of the game and they will either ask to play something else like Mario Party or Mario Kart, or leave it up to you to have unlocked it prior to their visit or before their next.

The problem with that is that, 1. the characters have been tricky to unlock because of a high skill-ceiling and 2. you being able to beat them is probably an indication that your skill will be way above that of a friend who might've just been introduced to the franchise.

So when they're back and you have the full roster, you will probably body them the entire time and they'll have much less fun than if you all were gradually building up your skill together.

Disagreements:
That's kinda it though. If you all chose to spend an evening or two together to unlock the characters, that would actually be kind of a fun evening. You'd all get used to how it works, you could laugh when you or your friends lose to a silly challenger fight, and celebrate when you win and everyone may start wanting to try the new character together.

It would be kind of like an event by itself, so it would all really take for you to approach it the 'correct' way to make the first few evenings work as a couch multiplayer experience.

That said, past that and when the skill gap isn't an issue, the couch multiplayer has never been better. The sheer options available are staggering and the improvements have been incredible imho. I can't wait 'till I next have my brother come over and we start testing out weird rulesets together.

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I unlocked everyone in less than a week. I do remember unlocking :ultdoc:, :ultduckhunt:, :ultlucario:, :ultmegaman:, :ultsheik:, and :ultsnake: through World of Light, but the rest were all unlocked through versus matches.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
So I'm pretty sure the question (or whatever point OP was trying to make) has been answered/responded to in full. This thread is basically a redundant back-and-forth of the OP and whoever else disagrees with them and I feel like it should be closed. Can't wait to see the next trollish thread OP makes next.

Top Bottom