• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate character icons to handle the ultimate hype!

Khao

Smash Lord
Hey Smashboards! This is a follow-up to a thread you may or may not remember, where I made character icons in a parody manner of every single playable character in Smash Wii U/3DS.

I'll be, of course, making new icons for every new character, and also updating the icons for all the characters that got an all-new look!

To start things off, here are a couple of new icons for two of the newcomers! Inkling and Daisy!

ink.png
Daisy.png

And three updated ones, for Link, Zelda and Ganondorf, which are the three characters who got the most noticeable changes.

botw.png
albw.png
oot.png

Coming next will be icons for, Dark Samus, Chrom and Richter. Maybe I'll finally make icons for the Mii Fighters too, we'll see!

That said, here's the current Ultimate roster, excluding the characters missing icons:

botw.png
Daisy.png

albw.png
oot.png

ink.png
ridli.png

Once I'm done with every single icon... We'll see. I might tweak or remake some of the previous icons a little bit, or I might actually start making icons for other potential newcomers. Who knows, might even take requests! Of course, any newcomer announced from now on will also get their own icon!

I also stated this in the previous thread, but it might be worth saying again. Want to use these icons for anything? Like, anything at all? Just go for it! I most likely won't say no! Every single icon on this post is a separate image, so you can go right ahead and copy/download them for use in whatever the heck you want to use them!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand that's it I guess! If there's any missing character you want to see next, post about it and I may or may not prioritize them! Or you wanna destroy me with critique, or point towards characters you'd like to see redone, that's cool too!

UPDATE 07-01-2021
Fighter's Pass Vol. 1

UPDATE 11-14-2018
Ken, Incineroar and Piranha Plant are here!

UPDATE 10-31-2018

UPDATE 10-30-2018

UPDATE 09-27-2018

UPDATE 08-16-2018

UPDATE 07-09-2018

UPDATE: 06-19-2018
ridli.png

UPDATE: 06-15-2018

Attachments

• 197 bytes Views: 1,231
Last edited:

Khao

Smash Lord
I pictured Young Link in my head and I instantly had to make him.

baby link.png

It's actually been a while since I've done anything pixel-art related, feels good to be back!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Lol I always loved seeing these.

I'm eagerly awaiting your new and improved Ridley and Pokemon Trainer icons :rotfl:

Khao

Smash Lord
Ridley!

ridli.png

Decided to keep the same lovely expression as the old one, just made it a lot more detailed and in-line with his new design!

Here's the old one for the sake comparison:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
These are glorious. Wish I could also do a "every character in Smash but completely silly" sort of deal, but college life is eating my soul.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Pichu!

Finally back, after 17 years! I swear he's still a baby even after all this time though!
I am very much enjoying that, now that Pichu is in your sig, it looks like Pikachu is looking at Pichu and thinking "WTF?"

Khao

Smash Lord
Here's Simon Belmont!

I tried to do some sort of magnificent hair flip, but he just looks ugly AF.

But when looking at some other icons, ugly AF might just be good enough anyway.

Khao

Smash Lord
Been a while since I updated this, but K. Rool!

So far I've kind of made a point of making villains look friendly. Hope it's not getting repetitive/predictable!

I might make a couple more icons later today! Probably Snake and Isabelle, cause I want to at least get the uniquely-numbered characters out of the way.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
This would be a big project, but when you're done with the newcomers, it would be cool if you did some palet swaps, like Alph, the Koopalings, Male Wii Fit Trainer, Female Robin, Female Corrin....

Khao

Smash Lord
Welp, didn't have time to do both, but here's Isabelle anyway!

This would be a big project, but when you're done with the newcomers, it would be cool if you did some palet swaps, like Alph, the Koopalings, Male Wii Fit Trainer, Female Robin, Female Corrin....
I actually did some swaps on the previous thread. Most of the recolors, and a few of the alt skins. Still had a lot missing, but at least I did all Koopalings.

Khao

Smash Lord
So, with a new Direct coming, I felt I should finish up the currently announced characters to prepare for any newer announcements!

Here's Snake, Squirtle, and Ivysaur!

With that, I now at least have every non-echo character ready (excluding Miis), leaving only Dark Samus, Chrom and Richter to be created. I'll see if have get the time to do them tomorrow, leaving everything ready for the new Direct!

Khao

Smash Lord

Once again up to date!

But I'm still technically not done! I'll keep doing the DLC characters as they're announced, and there's still some extra stuff I could do. I already did some alternate costumes in the last version of the thread, so I could keep updating those if there's still interest. Aaaaaaand I still haven't decided if I wanna go back and do the Mii Fighters. Either way, the original goal was met, so yay!

Last edited:

GrimmTale

Smash Rookie
These are so great. Literally lolled at more than a few. Thank you for these!

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Squirtle is adorable and Chrom gives me a Homestar stunner vibe.

Which gives me an idea for a voice mod once Ultimate inevitably gets hacked.

Khao

Smash Lord
IT'S OVEEEEEEEEER

DLC Vol. 2!

Everyone's actually here.

I mean, minus Mii Fighters. If I feel like it, I'll go back and get them done. But for now, Everyone's actually here!

Top Bottom