• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

uh oh UH OH

bored

Smash Ace
Hey, I used to go to that site a lot, lol.

But it's true, a good portion of what you learn in school doesn't really come in handy in your future... Well, thats what I think.

slave1

Smash Lord
i need to read more on this web site. i was reading the one betweent the teacher and the student over email about respect and other things. i have to agree with both. it is unfair for the students like me who get punished because of others actions. but i agree with the teacher. you have to put pressure on the students. if not they run all over you. i know i see it all the time. but a teacher has to be a friend also. there is such a delicate balance that teachers deal with. i couldnt be one.

Cs_Nexus

Smash Apprentice
Personal:
General Rule:

I do not live a home, some may still, but my point is you probably dont want to.

Anyone who claims to have more rule over me than my Mother and Father are doomed to be treated with my disrespect. ex: School.

REAL LIFE::
there is donut shop next to my old HS...
one block away.
My mom would give me money so I could have donuts.
NOW:
You know what the #ick#ucks at the school have done today
theyve made an agreement the donut shop,
not to serve school kids during school hours!!
True Story!

See what happens is METAL ABUSE!!!!
I rather get hit in the *** with a spoon than to be told,
"I dont care what your mother said, you cant leave."

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Only those close to the top are rewarded without trying. It's the way of the world.

Beat the system, but not in a stupid way.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Most of teachers know that the advanced kids cheat their ***** off, me included.

Being intelligent is only half the battle, doing anything to get a higher grade is the other, welcome to the competitive nature of the real world.

I don't cheat because i don't know the stuff, I cheat because it's easy away around the hours i'd spend studying that i could be doing other things more relevant to my career path, ie reading, and or learning English programs. Not really much else you can see in that reguard.

Cs_Nexus

Smash Apprentice
Most of teachers know that the advanced kids cheat their ***** off, me included.

Being intelligent is only half the battle, doing anything to get a higher grade is the other, welcome to the competitive nature of the real world.

I don't cheat because i don't know the stuff, I cheat because it's easy away around the hours i'd spend studying that i could be doing other things more relevant to my career path, ie reading, and or learning English programs. Not really much else you can see in that reguard.
THat dont change the fact that your a Slave for the ruling elite-
If that title makes you happy by all means!!

but I reject being dominated by the mighty FED.

antimatter

Smash Lord

i thought i was the only person who did that...
school does teach a lot of unnecessary stuff. just suck it up, do it, and enjoy the fact that eventually you'll be able to unlearn the information you don't need for your job or at your living environment.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

How exactly do you cheat, and what kind of school are we talking about (highschool or uni)?

I would have never cheated in high school, simply because I went to an all boys college prep school where evidence of your cheating would get you in front of the student-run Honor Council and most assuredly an expulsion. I'm pretty sure the extent of cheating reached only as far as Sparknotes, which our Professors also read so that when they were asking simple plot evaluations, they could ask questions not covered by Sparknotes, Pink Monkey, Cliffsnotes, Monarch notes, etc.

I still haven't ever cheated, and I don't plan to. I believe that my abilities and hard work can get me into the career of my choice, and I plan to make that happen.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I respect that Tom, but put yourself in my situation. I'm trapped at a senior level in high school when i'm intelligent enough to be teaching half the kids in the school. My english teacher told me this himself, i'm not just some arrogant kid. So why would i sit there and read countless facts i already know, or instead just cheat through a test, and learn college english where i eventually want to teach?

High school is a formality that unfortunately i have to go to but its really not that important in the long run.

Top Bottom