• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uh is this really all there is to peach...?

raincatchfire

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing peach for about 2 years, and smash competitively for about a year and a half. I came here the other night looking for some way to improve with peach. I mean I got float canceling and some edge guarding stuff down. I'm a decent peach at best. I manage to do ok at tournaments except against marth. But what I was really looking for was new stuff to add to my peach arsenal. Usually characters have to learn jump canceled grabs... or something. I've looked through the threads here and.... nothing. Is there no techniques worth learning with peach? 10 threads? Some crap from 2004 and straight peach players unite? It just kind of saddens me that this is what I find :/

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Can you Peach pillar? Basically the faster you can do the Float-cancel from the ground (OOS or otherwise) the better. That's probably the hardest thing Peach can do. Learning to do it well OOS helps a lot (doesn't need to be the pillar, just being able to OOS float cancel aerial is great).

JFox

Smash Hero
Peach can chain grab fox, falco, and falcon. She also has a pillar using nair or nair+jabs.

She isn't that techy, shes really more a thinking character. The peach boards aren't gonna help much, just watch vids.

Samochan

Smash Master
Watch armada and learn all those combo setups, mindgames and spacing tricks. Then watch some other player like cort and apply that tech skill and other awesome stuff he does like movement. Then watch pc chris and see those turnip approaches and mango getting pwned. Then play, improve and profit. :p

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
If you basically have all the tech stuff down, you need to get some of the thinking stuff, which comes from experience. For example, learn to read mindgames better. Know what you're opponent is going to do, what direction they're going to tech, or what direction they're going to tech-chase.

Know how to relieve pressure, and when to attack an opening.

Most of all, as Peach, learn to be patient. And I mean really patient. You are not a fox or marth or sheik. You do not have beastly offensive capabilities. You have to be better at finding opportunities and seizing them.

Samochan

Smash Master
i heard u can time the stitch face
might wanna work on that, seems useful 0_o
Dunno bout timing stitchface, but you can combo stitchface. :o

Fair a fastfaller (or anyone else not a jiggs floather) at 0% or close, immediately smash throw and then jump and quickly z-grab, fast fall and smash throw again. Then grab the turnip again and edgeguard, then repeat if your stitch still lives.

Top Bottom