• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ugh. I need serious tips for Jiggs v ICs! .___.

Kawasari Mimoto

Smash Cadet
playing Touhou 10.5: Scarlet Weather Rhapsody!
There's this one guy I know who goes to the local Cafe in my town, and there's a crapload of local competitive Smashers here. Anyways, I can beat Falcons, Docs, you name it. But I have a major problem with Ice Climbers. Not only does this guy taunt me by Wave Dashing back and forth between the match just to irritate me, but his shielding is literally.. perfect. I try to WoP, Uptilt2Rest (shouldn't even bother..), GRABBING (DOES NOT WORK... and I get *****), randomly Resting when I predict that he might attack or grab (works half of the time), along with other things.

Ice Climbers are just annoying. Not only do they have projectiles, which can be 'splitted' (one on a higher platform, and one on a lower platform), but it's almost impossible to grab unless one is on the other side of the stage, or just simply, far away.

What I've been doing is trying to attack Nana (the pink one) and WoP her out FIRST. Then take out the other one as fast as I can. I watched videos of HBOX v Chudat as well, and even Hbox lost. So if that doesn't say a lot.. `-`;

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Get the lead and camp platforms.

Just remember. Icies are gay. You have to play gay.

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=177816
CTRL+F for the "Wow There 2 Of Them IceClimbers"

Side-note: As much respect I have for Mango, he types like a LOL that it makes me... well, LOL. But he's still cool imo.

If you ever get the opportunity, though, REST. I mean, I know it's obvious, but still. When I first started playing melee, I tried to main ICs. My friend's tactic was to break up the ICs. Obvious. He'd usually do whatever set-up, and even at fairly low percentages, he'd still rest me because it'd break up my couple, and it can affect them P: Of course, I don't know how higher level of ICs would react. Just my $0.02.

Mahone

Smash Champion
pick brinstar and learn to break the stage into two with a single dair
lolol thats a pretty good plan, but with pound 4 rules they would definitely ban brinstar. You should counterpick dreamland unless you have a personal preference

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Please rest.

That way when you miss we ice climber players can finally do the broken tier rest punishments that we sit and practice in our room all the time =]

Mahone

Smash Champion
Well Chudat admitted that was a mistake, i dont think you should count on your opponent making a big mistake like that to win

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
wait rollout beats down-B and ice blocks? Cause that's what I would do if I saw that coming my way, plus i'm pretty sure even if you SDI out of down-B I should still be able to hit you.

Really most ice climbers have a good sheild game really you can tell if someone mains the ice climbers just by seeing how much they sheild stuff as other people.

Massive

Smash Champion
Rollout charges in 1 second, it's effective on ICs because there is a delay between when nana and popo shield, especially if they're desynched.

A good tactic I've found, knock them airborne and charge rollout. Nana will not go for the ledge and will not instantly shield as she hits the ground.

I rollout all the time though, especially on Marths (it works so well! lol).

Mahone

Smash Champion
If i was the ics player i wouldnt shield it i would just double fsmash it. I know mango says rollout but ive never seen him use it in a match. I agree it could be good for when you knock them airborne to hit nana but i think its kinda more of a gimmick that an actually helpful move.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Blizzard and ice blocks beat it, but you can still make it work if ICs panic and forget. Fsmashing is hard to time, like Fox usmash is.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
You can SDI out of the chaingrab. Wobbilng is really good if they can get synched grabs on you and don't mess it up. Just try not to let them get synched grabs on you. If you are looking out for it all the time it will become a lot harder for him to land the grabs.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
The rollout thing should never work if IC mains think about it.

This might be confusing to a non-IC player, but if they were returning to the ground, they could cover themselves by doing a falling fair>late lcancel>popo jab>nana blizzard.

This works because when you imput a very late lcancel, it only works for popo. Then he can jab, to cover nana, and by the time the jab hitbox is over, nanas blizzard will be out and then they can do a continuous icewall (nana blizzard>popo iceblock) which results in constant hitboxes with no gaps.

Top Bottom