• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UC Merced Melee 04-21-12 Final Tournament

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
make it the weekend after and i'll be there. the 3rd though, no can do :( god ****ing damn working every other weekend and having a 50% chance at being able to attend events.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
bring set-ups!!!

btw, for those who don't know, we're having the tournament in

The Den (building) (Obey knows where it is since he's been there many times before)
UC Merced
5200 N Lake Rd.
Merced, CA 95348

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Thanks for coming everyone!!!

It's been a pleasure hosting this tournament

Results (will update full list soon)

1. Bizzarro Flame (Ganon)
2. Mexi (Falcon)
3. Obey (Falcon/Sheik/Falco)
4. Dunskies (Falcon)
5. Maru (Peach)
5. 2badsosad (Fox/Dr. Mario)
7. GB (Mario/Falco)
7. DTR (Sheik)
9. Hot Coffee (Marth)
9. MGA2 (Falcon)
9. 2highsoFly (Falco/Fox/Marth)
9. 69% (Link)
13. Brian (Dog)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2bad

Smash Cadet
tournament was MAAAAAAAAAD fun! good seeing the merced crew again! 69% you da homie, we gota play some more! merced where the rest of yall at, you too medesto!

5th? wow never thought i'd see that 3yrs ago. I'll upload soon. Very entertaining matches, for real though!

but bizz i do resent the fact you put fox next to my name, i held it down with the doc all day! haha

Sage Osaka

Smash Ace
damn, hella wish i could have made this, i need to get my revenge! blah i wish i could play smash at all with someone :(

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
@69%: your post was amazing to read. looks like our training paid off haha
@2badsosad: damn, good **** with doc!! i never watched your matches, so i put fox just in case. Nice to see you and 2highsoFly improve mega-load

My experience: I thought that I had it easy against Mexi in the winner's finals, but he proved otherwise by beating me. I seriously felt that I couldn't bring it back and win since I had to face against Obey and Mexi again. However, it was my friends, whether they played melee or not, that kept my spirits high and my mind set on winning throughout my sets in the loser's bracket. I knew that I had to not let Merced down since the second highest placing Merced player was Maru in 5th place. This tournament was one of the most emotional experience for me.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
@69%: your post was amazing to read. looks like our training paid off haha
@2badsosad: damn, good **** with doc!! i never watched your matches, so i put fox just in case. Nice to see you and 2highsoFly improve mega-load

My experience: I thought that I had it easy against Mexi in the winner's finals, but he proved otherwise by beating me. I seriously felt that I couldn't bring it back and win since I had to face against Obey and Mexi again. However, it was my friends, whether they played melee or not, that kept my spirits high and my mind set on winning throughout my sets in the loser's bracket. I knew that I had to not let Merced down since the second highest placing Merced player was Maru in 5th place. This tournament was one of the most emotional experience for me.
dang man. great job! hopefully modesto (and even sac!) can make the next one

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
****, and this is why I'm sad smashboards isn't my homepage anymore cuz now I don't know when there's tournaments in my backyard :(
Woulda stomped everyone too :p

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
honestly would've been cool to see a ganon vs ganon grand final

but that's if you can get past obey and mexi!!!!

i'm sure those two are pretty free to me now though. that's what happens when you move out of the valley! i bet they'd complain about how gay i am/ice climbers are. serves them right for playing gay against me for the past few years!!!

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
You know that revitalizing feeling when you play a game that you haven't played in over a month? Well it feels so good just to play with friends, and it feels like your playstyle and mindset have changed a lot.

It is true I quit videogames, but I can't quit competitive melee mainly because most smashers are awesome and I miss you guys.

Top Bottom