• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UC Merced Melee 04-21-12 Final Tournament

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
mangtendo presses the **** button

mangtendo wins
no. in ssb4 you just say "activate **** button" and then mangtendo replies with, "**** button activated. **** now commencing"
read this
wat do

i think the modesto tourney will have recording setups, so'll ill get on doooooz nuts just for you mang
you cummin' ta modesto? who else?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah, like wobbles beating zhu for first

granted, there are some players who are impossible to beat with ic's and will not allow them to win any tournament:

pink shinobi
cort
armada
kage

;_;

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
ahh mostly peaches,

there's gotta be a way to get the first grab pass their spacing.

de-synch ics, having one of the ice climbers full-hop down-b while the other one grabs while peach gets hit by blizzard?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
turnip goes through blizzard as well, theres no reason to be near it

basically, ics do have defensive tools to fight peach but if she uses turnips properly to get through, and then play aggressive from there with lots of dsmashes, theres really no hope

or u can go pink shinobi camping style and ****

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
well, i guess that sucks for ICs... but i have a feeling that they will figure out a way to get through her turnips, even if used properly, soon enough.

btw, i got my sheik match-up down. i want that re-match soon pocky

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
=(

if san francisco comes to our merced tourney, then will you come along? either that, or merced will go to san fran during the school semester hopefully. i wanna get at your falco again.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i believe there will be another modesto tournament this summer, u should come up

er, where do you live when youre not at school?

while reflecting on my set with dk i think i figured out the ics vs ganon matchup too lol

i gotta practice it then we can get at each other

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
i live down in so-cal (near downtown LA), pretty close to the major scenes.

btw, it's fun playing against fly's ics =P, i think i'm getting better at the ganon vs ics match-up.

edit: I just found out that GKL and DOTA, both from ucm, went to the last modesto tourney. Good ****, I heard that GKL tapped in this =D

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Haha, yeah GKL beat me in the first set we played in tournament. Then I ran a train through losers bracket and had to play him again much later on. It was pretty close, but he beat me again. Apparently GKL > GKi at the moment lol.

DOTA's pretty good too. He's got a lot of technical skill with samus, he just needs to work on general stuff. Mixups/ mindgames too I suppose. I've had to play him the last 3 or 4 tournies we've been to though haha. I've played against Darrel and Darkmike a few times in tournament and I play against samus players in friendlies a fair amount, but idk if DOTA has any puff players to practice against.

@Dota: if you show up at the next tournament I'll play you in some friendlies and give you some tips on how to beat puff/me :D

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
gkl and i went double ic's in teams and *****

nick if u have the confidence to grab more in certain situations i swear u will ****

u have to mix it up with puff even if bair is the best move in the game

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
yeah GKL is pretty good. throughout last ucm semester, he gave my ganon a pretty hard time. I'm still surprised that he beat you in both winner's/loser's brackets.

Dota (Nick) is getting pretty good also. And yeah, he doesn't have much puff experience. I'll have to play puff to give him some samus/jigg experience.

I wanna see the results/brackets of this modesto tourney, but i don't think they are up on the modesto tourney thread. I'll check it again just in case.

edit: lol gkl and you teamed? that's also surprising. what place did you guys get for doubles?

edit2: nvm saw the results and some vids. ****, gkl did tap in this tourney in both doubles and singles. can't wait for brackets to be up.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
we won doubles.

i got there sorta late and didnt have a teammate. i just looked into his eyes and said, 'hey... ice climbers... lets team.'

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
alright guys, tournament on september.

unfortunately i can't book anything until september 1st because of the school events that dominate throughout the first month, but most likely i'll keep it on sept. (we always have The Den if you guys remember the first uc merced tourney).

too bad most of modesto will move out by this tourney though. try to come if you can still

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
if anyone wants to play me, come drive over here.

i'm really desperate to melee right now.
i'm basically gonna be not doing **** for the next few days.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i think a lumpy vs bizzarro long day of friendlies/seriouslies would actually help to improve both of you a lot.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
a bizzarro lumpy day would be quite entertaining, but he's in socal until after i move, i think.

i mean... i'd love to shut down that ganon till he feels helpless....

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
and i'd love to tech-chase your fox from one end of the stage to the other end.

i need to look for a house in merced around this month though. maybe i can stop by modesto

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
that'd be pretty sweet. you should definitely come through and get some matches in.

Top Bottom