• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UC Merced Melee 04-21-12 Final Tournament

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
you see, i really love jr, so last tourney i let him fly away.
he saw that life without me is terrible when he got owned, so he'll obviously come crawling back to me.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
if i get a ride to this tournament- ill team with any of my crew if they come with me, but if my crew isnt there or if they dont want to team, then ill team with anybody else, it doesnt matter

but yeah

i finally played smash last night with mike and vince.

they stepped their game up SO well o_O

was trying my hardest the entire night, and we all took matches off each other evenly

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i would go to this, but jr didn't come crawling back to me... lol

i decided not to call dibs on good players for teams anymore.

but if i go to this, i'd still like to team with jr because i think together we are good at carrying me and i'd like to team with bizz so we can give people the bizznezz 'cause bizz iz da beez kneez

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Actually kenny I haven't teamed with you either yet so if you don't have a teammate next time I'd be down to team with you too. Of course I don't really meet your good player criteria and can't guarantee you 2nd place or anything, so you probably wouldn't want to risk throwing away your $5 doubles entry fee teaming with me LOL

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
throw it away

throw it into a vacuum cleaner and set the bag inside on fire

inhale the fumes

????

profit!

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
kenny, ill come crawling back to you in one way or the other ;)
naw, you won't. it's all good.
Actually kenny I haven't teamed with you either yet so if you don't have a teammate next time I'd be down to team with you too. Of course I don't really meet your good player criteria and can't guarantee you 2nd place or anything, so you probably wouldn't want to risk throwing away your $5 doubles entry fee teaming with me LOL
naw, i'll team with you. i'd rather team with bizz, but i'd team with you.
throw it away

throw it into a vacuum cleaner and set the bag inside on fire

inhale the fumes

????

profit!
DEAL!!!!

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
I dropped the $2 venue fee. And instead, 10% of the pot will go into the venue fee since nobody pays for their venue fee anyways. I reduced the 2nd place winnings from 30% to 20%, so basically, there will be more of an incentive to win in Grand Finals I guess.

If anyone opposes this, then post your concern.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i like that more because i didn't even pay the venue fee last time (at least i don't think i did) and this way i'd have to.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
cuz this is bizzness.

I'm not sure how to respond to your second question tho.

yeah, having a $2 venue fee was burdensome to people since they tend not to carry $1s. and i'm pretty sure raising it to $5 would turn everyone off.

edit: any support for a side tournament? I'm still up for the falcon side tournament with $1 entry fee that would run during doubles/singles.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
falcon side tourney and low tier tourney would both be fun. do it. do it. do it.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
kenny, ill come crawling back to you in one way or the other ;)
That was really hawt

and I actually really think me and jr would do great as a team.

Jr is sooo dam observant in teams games and is great at trading between both opponents, and I really think ive stepped up my game and am not so destructive anymore. Really think we could take it down with our team dynamics.

That being said, I wont be coming to this now. . . parents want me to be in vegas til saturday april 3rd and, considering the situation, Im prolly not denying them for smash
alil ironic that saturday would have been my preferred day to hold any of the other UCMs cept this one =D

Edit: Holy crap! there's another page? ok, then
bizz: if you didnt get a venue fee from half the people, how were those people able to enter? (sry kenny, but yeah. . .)
seems like itd have to be a pre-req to even be put in the tournament
Joe: Wtf mang? brawl? do I hear 'traitor'? =D
additional tourney options: You're cool, falcon-only and low tier tournies, and you have a purpose in some places, but Draft Crews is the most hype thing to do at a venue EVER!!!

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
That was really hawt
and I actually really think me and jr would do great as a team.

Edit: Holy crap! there's another page? ok, then
bizz: if you didnt get a venue fee from half the people, how were those people able to enter?
I didn't collect venue fees last time from anyone. Not even myself.

JPeGImage

Smash Ace
oh. . .really???

lol, I guess im just speaking out mai *** then. . .
. . . I could have sworn I pad a venue fee

nvm then

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Lets just combine all that ****

--> Low Tier Brawl Doubles Crew Battle (Falcon only)
i fully support this.

i forgot that falcon is low tier (poop tier) in brawl so it's totally possible. haha
oh. . .really???

lol, I guess im just speaking out mai *** then. . .
. . . I could have sworn I pad a venue fee

nvm then
nope.
that was you subconsciously convincing your conscience that you aren't a bad person.

i almost invented a new tongue twister.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
im getting the feeling that im better at the peach matchup with ic's than other characters

but that feeling will go away when i get my *** tapped by macd then i switch to falco/fox/marth/sheik/falcon/puff/ic's or whatever

hehe switching to ic's to counter a peach that ***** my ic's

Top Bottom