• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uair- The Green Light

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
ok so ive noticed that many fox players have not been using his auto cancels to there full potential. by making this thread i hope to educate fox mains in a stepping stone towards victory !! XD

so i noticed that if you do an auto canceled short hop up air, your opponent basically gives you the green light to do practically any of fox's moves.i use uair as my main killing move now, its that good.

i first saw TKD do this in one of his vids. although he only used dsmash, it made me relise that theres not much your opponent can do about it.

so all this time uzimaki has been telling everyone to auto cancel and people never listened, but it may be exactly what fox needs.

the way it works:
opponent is falling from above
fox short hop uair's (auto canceled)
now your opponent has two choices, either get hit (which will lead into string's of uairs because of how fast you are able to get back in the air) or airdodge.
now if they airdodge, you will hit the ground before them, thats your chance to hit them before they can defend themself

its can be set up by a number of moves
utilt
Dthrow
upthrow
nair
usmash
bair(rare)
Dtilt

its so good that even if you know it wont hit, your opponent will normally airdodge anyway to be safe, so this is also good for mind games.

heres what ive found useful:
(all uair will be short hop uair auto canceled)
uair -> usmash
uair -> dsmash
uair -> utilt (sets for another uair)
uair -> JJC (fastest out of all options)

soz i dont have any vids yet, laptops broke ...

to practice just go in training and practise the timeing of auto canceling it.if this doesnt make you wanna learn to auto cancel everything then i dont no what will :p

thanks goes to TKD and Uzi for this find

crifer

Smash Lord
actually I dont get how to do it correctly and I didn´t relly tried it yet in training mode.
Either I am doing a jc usmash, not leaving the ground or do a uair which not auto cancels.

Leafplayer452

Smash Journeyman
THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

***, this is one of the main reasons why I say alot of Fox players arent so good at showing what he could do....

Duff0

Smash Ace
Yeah this *****. I've been doing this for a year almost.

If you predict an attack, you can shad then punish that way

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Not to be mess up this thread but, what precents are you talking about? I can't see Uair>Usmash or especially Uair>Dsmash.

Also if they fastfall their AD they can hit the ground before you. I love your interest (everyone's interest in this) but I have tried to explore this back in the day it will take a little to get me to change my mind.

After the you Uair them they go up. That means they are coming back down, they will wisen up.

P.S. No one really gets hit/uses Dtilt. What Fox didn't listen to Uzi? I've seen Foxes use Uzi's ideas if we didn't care for it we wouldn't have made his data thread stickied. Plus I think my thread about Uair is still somewhere around here >.< *Looks*

EDIT: FOUND IT! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249885&highlight=Uair

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
Not to be mess up this thread but, what precents are you talking about? I can't see Uair>Usmash or especially Uair>Dsmash.

Also if they fastfall their AD they can hit the ground before you. I love your interest (everyone's interest in this) but I have tried to explore this back in the day it will take a little to get me to change my mind.

After the you Uair them they go up. That means they are coming back down, they will wisen up.

P.S. No one really gets hit/uses Dtilt. What Fox didn't listen to Uzi? I've seen Foxes use Uzi's ideas if we didn't care for it we wouldn't have made his data thread stickied. Plus I think my thread about Uair is still somewhere around here >.< *Looks*

EDIT: FOUND IT! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=249885&highlight=Uair

well fox players may have listened to uzi but are not applying it to there game play.i still see fox's do non AC fair's >.<

and yeah i thought about if they fast fall there airdodge but in order to do that they would have to be doing it earleyer, not the insant they air dodge, so you can just ajust your timing.

btw if someone is on a low platform, its probably best just to keep doing uairs lol, its hard for your opponent to react.

sorry uzi if you already have mentioned this, i read it but i never saw this :(

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
its all good, my thread all messed up anyways, im sure theres a bunch of tips i wanted to put in near the date/info sections but never got around to it.

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
i thought this was more about punishing a landing by autocanceling uair than comboing from uair>x? either way, i think this would be more useful in vid format. =b

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
lol, speaking of upair> ******, i got a like 6 hit up-air string on BF against 2 people and then into just one kirby. i need someone to record it though.

Duff0

Smash Ace
This isn't about comboing from uair > dsmash.

This is covering options when your opponent is trying to land on the stage. Uair covers attacks and autocancelling it makes it so that you can punish an airdodge with a dsmash

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
This isn't about comboing from uair > dsmash.

This is covering options when your opponent is trying to land on the stage. Uair covers attacks and autocancelling it makes it so that you can punish an airdodge with a dsmash
.....you don't seem to get it. Fastfalling and ADing through the Uair means Fox is gonna punished. 5 frames to jump, I think 10 for the move to come out, and however long you are in the air, and 2 frame landing lag. There's a reason we don't abuse this.....

Duff0

Smash Ace
This isn't something you would do every time, of course. Covering multiple options is just giving you a higher chance to punish. You can't predict everything, sometimes you just need to cover the most options you can. They'll wise up and fast fall air dodge, and you will wise up to them wising up and it'll go on and on. It's how smash works.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
Duff0 is right. if your opponent does catch on an start fastfalling, all you have to do is...not uair lol. if there fastfalling then their prob doing it from quite high, so you can just punish it normally.if they do fastfall there prob doing it while your still on the ground aswell .further more there is very little chance to be punished and its likely that your opponent will be quite defensive during those frames.

its a possiblity to be punished but is very difficult for your opponent to do and very unlikely.
its still a solid tech

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
What? very little time to be punished? Not to be the down bringer, I'm just being real.
Defense is also OoS moves.

This is more of a good to know thread, not a tech.

Duff is right but I'm discussing the Uair not what should come after.

Nair is a **** move. It ***** Sidesteps and AD's.

It feels like I have more to say but can't think of it soo....

Duff0

Smash Ace
You can also cover quite a few options just walking and shielding, then grabbing or whatever attack (it's also safer vs Snake because uair will explode grenades, where grabbing won't unless you pummel or dthrow. bthrow or uthrow might explode them too but idk, I usually just fthrow or utilt their feet when they come down. If I call a b reversal I'll run and pivot grab, and they'll drop the grenade and momentum will take you far enough away that it won't explode you if you dthrow or uthrow. Uthrow is great for resetting the situation.

Top Bottom