• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

U-tilt OoS

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Is it possible to do? I don't know the button presses, but I find that people stupidly try to attack through it, but flag > most things.

Right now I'm just letting go of my shield and u-tilting as fast as I can

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Nope, it's not possible. It's probably a better idea to wavedash back and U-tilt, it's a lot safer, since you're also retreating.

EWC

Smash Ace
If you powershield then you can cancel the shield-lowering animation with any ground move.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
If you powershield then you can cancel the shield-lowering animation with any ground move.
Dam, at first I read that as lightshield but PS is hard

U-tilt is a decently safe move IMO cause of priority and the hitbox behind him

A lot of times better than jab I found

Or... PAN OOS LOOOL(while facing them)

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I think U-tilt is most often a pretty safe move when a Falco loves to follow your rolls/techs with a D-air. I've had it happen so often, they get caught in the U-tilt because it comes out pretty fast and hard to spot.

That being said, using it by dropping shield and then U-tilting, that's much too slow for my taste.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
I think U-tilt is most often a pretty safe move when a Falco loves to follow your rolls/techs with a D-air. I've had it happen so often, they get caught in the U-tilt because it comes out pretty fast and hard to spot.

That being said, using it by dropping shield and then U-tilting, that's much too slow for my taste.
I found it works against Ganon pretty well when they want to pressure your tiny shield, but they get u-tilt comboed instead

Thunder jab beats it though I think, which one has more range on the sides?

At least I think it would trade

DualCats

Smash Ace
If you powershield, you should probably being trying to grab lol

Does utilt combo into nair?
obvz it's character, damage, and DI dependent but it can happen. Whereas it may not always be a true combo, it often leads into nair tech-chases on platforms. Especially on fastfallers :3

Agreed. There are generally much better things to be doing OoS. I wonder if usmash out of shield is actually faster than drop-shield > utilt . . . :o

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
If you powershield, you should probably being trying to grab lol

obvz it's character, damage, and DI dependent but it can happen. Whereas it may not always be a true combo, it often leads into nair tech-chases on platforms. Especially on fastfallers :3

Agreed. There are generally much better things to be doing OoS. I wonder if usmash out of shield is actually faster than drop-shield > utilt . . . :o
Maybe faster but a lot more predictable. If they see the U-smash coming, they'll probably avoid it and punish, but if you just drop your shield they might think you are going to WD back or roll or something.

U-tilt to N-air combos really well to my experience, because they usually try to jump out of your u-tilt with an attack but n-air hitbox > their attack hitbox

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Maybe faster but a lot more predictable. If they see the U-smash coming, they'll probably avoid it and punish, but if you just drop your shield they might think you are going to WD back or roll or something.

U-tilt to N-air combos really well to my experience, because they usually try to jump out of your u-tilt with an attack but n-air hitbox > their attack hitbox
But you don't need to drop your shield to wd oos or roll. Both of those things are instantaneous. Dropping your shield is just a slow, punishable process in general, imo. Besides, doesn't usmash chain into fsmash really well if it whiffs?

SamusPoop

Banned via Warnings
I know for Marth it's faster to WD oos than it is to drop Your sheild. Really I'd like to see someone fair up-tilt the duck under the grab that follows if has the stun or speed to work

Top Bottom