• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ty the underestimated Character idea

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace

ty the tasmanian tiger! (i bet ur thinking now 'GAY!!!!!') I know his chances are zero and he shouldnt be in bc hes 3rd party but he has been in 2 great games. he would be a very interesting character! heres a moveset!

A- swings his left boomerang like a knife.
AA- swings with his right boomerang.
AAA- puts out both hands and spins both his boomerangs doing rapid dmg.
A>- pulls back his leg and does a push kick.
Av- crouches and puts his hands to both sides and spins, hitting the opponents(s) with his boomerangs.
A^- arches back his head and bites upward.
B- toggles through his boomerangs (toggles fast) goes in this order-
Multirang- Power: 1 Range: 5 Speed: 10 Ability: Throw as many as you want.
Flamarang- Power: 8 Range: 5 Speed: 5 Ability: Burns opponent and does good dmg.
Frostyrang- Power: 5 Range: 4 Speed: 7 Ability: Freezes opponent.
Zappyrang- Power: 3 Range: 4 Speed: 8 Ability: zaps opponent.
Zoomerang- Power: 4 Range: 10 Speed: 3 Ability: Long range.
Megarang- Power: 4 Range: 9 Speed: 5 Ability: homing.
chronorang- Power: 1 Range: 6 Speed: 2 Ability: slows opponent down.
Deatherang- Power: 10 Range: 3 Speed: 3 Ability: explosion.

<B>- throws boomerangs.
Bv- tosses boomerangs to the ground.
B^- tosses boomerangs up.
Nair- mario's Nair.
Bair- kicks back.
Fair- bites forward.
Dair- bites downward.
Upair- bites upward.
Sprint attack (or charge)- bites sliding forward.
Super smash attack- allows you to use Doomerang for 30 seconds.
Doomerang- Power: 10 Range: 10 Speed: 10 Ability: homing, and explosion.
I decided that for his boomerangs you have the OPTION to asign special boomerangs for each side.

Throws consist of the Lasharang which wraps the foe in rope and brings him in for the kill. can be used to stick to edges like Link and samus' throws.

TILT ATTACKS

A>- swipes his rang sideways.
DownA- spins around and kicks and sweeps all foes.
^A- puts up both boomerangs and spins them doing rapid damage.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
Then it's either really popular around here, or was never stocked b/c i've never seen either game available for the GC in stores. Ah well. Considering the amound of third party candidates to choose from Ty is bottom of the barrel. ALso, trying to toggle between that many rangs is detrimental to the character, as it gives away free hits, unless it's random, or instantly selects.

Better?

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Then it's either really popular around here, or was never stocked b/c i've never seen either game available for the GC in stores. Ah well. Considering the amound of third party candidates to choose from Ty is bottom of the barrel. ALso, trying to toggle between that many rangs is detrimental to the character, as it gives away free hits, unless it's random, or instantly selects.

Better?
srry! NO OFFENSE. yeah i was thinking that you can move while toggling so you can dodge moves, itll take practice but it can work :) anyways, yeah, hes never gonna be in but i glanced at my GC games and saw Ty 1 and 2 and thought hm... just imagine him in brawl, an then i quickyl thought of a moveset and thought that it would be rather interesting.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
no offense taken, like is said I've just never seen it for the GC anywhere. The moveset would work, and he's probably fairly light and moderately strong (i'm guessing?) and while having a moveset that's almost exclusively projectile based is interesting, you might run into a bit of trouble if you throw them, and have no melee moves to quickly fall back on. Or does he carry extra ones in his pocket (i don't know the character at all.) Besides, my own bottom of the barrel pick would be Vexx

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
no offense taken, like is said I've just never seen it for the GC anywhere. The moveset would work, and he's probably fairly light and moderately strong (i'm guessing?) and while having a moveset that's almost exclusively projectile based is interesting, you might run into a bit of trouble if you throw them, and have no melee moves to quickly fall back on. Or does he carry extra ones in his pocket (i don't know the character at all.) Besides, my own bottom of the barrel pick would be Vexx
Yeah ty isnt popular, i never found out they made a third one till like months after it came out so i never bothered buying it. his A moves are decent close range attacks, the only one reletively strong would be his bite. what would be cool is mastering the toggling and switch them through different situations... youd have to have mastered him to do that but it would be interesting. im suprised no one jumped in and said 'TY! STFU!' i dont think hes not such a bad idea, just an interesting thought.

Bobby Emerald

Smash Apprentice

ty the tasmanian tiger! (i bet ur thinking now 'GAY!!!!!') I know his chances are zero and he shouldnt be in bc hes 3rd party but he has been in 2 great games. he would be a very interesting character! heres a moveset!

A- swings his left boomerang like a knife.
AA- swings with his right boomerang.
AAA- puts out both hands and spins both his boomerangs doing rapid dmg.
A>- pulls back his leg and does a push kick.
Av- crouches and puts his hands to both sides and spins, hitting the opponents(s) with his boomerangs.
A^- arches back his head and bites upward.
B- toggles through his boomerangs (toggles fast) goes in this order-
Multirang- Power: 1 Range: 5 Speed: 10 Ability: Throw as many as you want.
Flamarang- Power: 8 Range: 5 Speed: 5 Ability: Burns opponent and does good dmg.
Frostyrang- Power: 5 Range: 4 Speed: 7 Ability: Freezes opponent.
Zappyrang- Power: 3 Range: 4 Speed: 8 Ability: zaps opponent.
Zoomerang- Power: 4 Range: 10 Speed: 3 Ability: Long range.
Megarang- Power: 4 Range: 9 Speed: 5 Ability: homing.
chronorang- Power: 1 Range: 6 Speed: 2 Ability: slows opponent down.
Deatherang- Power: 10 Range: 3 Speed: 3 Ability: explosion.

<B>- throws boomerangs.
Bv- tosses boomerangs to the ground.
B^- tosses boomerangs up.
Nair- mario's Nair.
Bair- kicks back.
Fair- bites forward.
Dair- bites downward.
Upair- bites upward.
Sprint attack (or charge)- bites sliding forward.
Super smash attack- allows you to use Doomerang for 30 seconds.
Doomerang- Power: 10 Range: 10 Speed: 10 Ability: homing, and explosion.
I saw a game like that on GC, I think it could work. Even though theres like a 1% chance...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
There isn't a 1% chance, it's 0. He will not make it in.

There's only room for 2 or 3 third party characters, according to the words of the director himself. Thus, they aren't going to pick characters that suck. They're going to pick characters that everyone knows and loves, Snake, Sonic, Megaman, etc.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
There isn't a 1% chance, it's 0. He will not make it in.

There's only room for 2 or 3 third party characters, according to the words of the director himself. Thus, they aren't going to pick characters that suck. They're going to pick characters that everyone knows and loves, Snake, Sonic, Megaman, etc.
even though i already cleared that up, okay! besides, i dont think he SUCKS. nor do i think hes good, hes not even inbetween hes just a very strange charactr idea that could work if he had a chance.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
hey i was thinking and now i think i want him in badly!!!!!!!!!!! im gonna try to get a lot of TY FOR BRAWL fans.
Oh, heres a costume idea, Sly the tasmanian tiger. That would be cool.
Anyone got ideas for him?

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I loved the TY games and I'd love him in Brawl. And I think he's a cool character. Problem is, he's a trademark of Sony, and I don't think they'd let him in. But hey, you never know.
yeah, the fact that hes 3rd party is really starting to make him lose respect... i think he would be sweet!
Hey someone try to make a better moveset then the one on the first post.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
Instead of toggling through 8 rangs, you could just pick 4 and assign them to the 4 directional possibilities. 7 if you make each tilt & smash a diferent rang, like how samus and link have different forms of a similar attack for f-smash b, and f-tilt b. and for grab, he could throw a boomerang attached to a string, which could wrap up the enemy and pull him in. I like extended grabs.

Also, I have Ty 2 and really didn't like it much, not much story really. He'd be a cool character for Brawl though, but as said before, won't happen

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Instead of toggling through 8 rangs, you could just pick 4 and assign them to the 4 directional possibilities. 7 if you make each tilt & smash a diferent rang, like how samus and link have different forms of a similar attack for f-smash b, and f-tilt b. and for grab, he could throw a boomerang attached to a string, which could wrap up the enemy and pull him in. I like extended grabs.

Also, I have Ty 2 and really didn't like it much, not much story really. He'd be a cool character for Brawl though, but as said before, won't happen
Cool. Not a bad idea. I didnt do all the moves obviously, il repost the full version later.
Ty 1 and 2 dont have a very goo story line but who cares, its freakin fun. the only dissapointment from ty 2 was

*POSSIBLE SPOILER*

you have to use the Shadow Bunyip to beat Cass... you cant use ur awesome rangs...

Well, i know the chance is about zero, but nintendo is crazy. i expected a list of character for melee but they didnt end up using half but instead of the other half they came up with some crazy (yet good) ideas.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I like TY but with guys like Simon Belmont, Mega man and Bomberman out there he has no chance.
uh, Bomberman sucks. he only has bombs, and i dont think he has losts of types to use, besides he would be accidentially killing himself. Megaman is not a very good idea... Simon Belmont is cool though.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Bomberman and Mega man are both 100 times better than Ty.
well, i wasnt comparing them but now that u bring it up i think Ty is way more interesting then the guy who will kill himself (he'd be more emo then pichu) and Megaman who would not suck as a character idea but as playing him, you would die. His attacks are all ranged attacks (and the ones that aren't, suck.)

Now, Ty is kinda like that but since his diversity of boomerangs (witht there various effects) would not have toubles like this as much.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I really don't mean to come across as a jerk, but... didn't radical game mascots with attitudes die in the 16-bit generation?

Aero the Acro-Bat anyone? Awesome Possum?
Oh dear god... I think I have to kill a goat and drink its blood or something if I invoke the following name...

Anyone remember Bubsy!?!

My point exactly. Just because Jak and Daxter, and Ratchet and Clank have an audience doesn't mean this is any reason to flood the console wars with "mascots" again.

*shudders*

It could be worse, you could've said Tak or Ruff Trigger.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I really don't mean to come across as a jerk, but... didn't radical game mascots with attitudes die in the 16-bit generation?

Aero the Acro-Bat anyone? Awesome Possum?
Oh dear god... I think I have to kill a goat and drink its blood or something if I invoke the following name...

Anyone remember Bubsy!?!

My point exactly. Just because Jak and Daxter, and Ratchet and Clank have an audience doesn't mean this is any reason to flood the console wars with "mascots" again.

*shudders*

It could be worse, you could've said Tak or Ruff Trigger.
lol just because those guys died doesnt mean he died! Have u ever played a ty game? theres 3! there the best! I never played the third but that because im saving money for Super mario galaxy, and some more controllers.

Ruff Trigger for brawl! j/k. Ty owns all of them...do u honestly think ty belongs in that bunch... Aero the Acro bat :psycho: :psycho: :psycho:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Yeah, I do. I'm sorry but generic platformer guy Ty, does not do anything for me.

Stryks

Smash Hero
well, i wasnt comparing them but now that u bring it up i think Ty is way more interesting then the guy who will kill himself (he'd be more emo then pichu) and Megaman who would not suck as a character idea but as playing him, you would die. His attacks are all ranged attacks (and the ones that aren't, suck.)

Now, Ty is kinda like that but since his diversity of boomerangs (witht there various effects) would not have toubles like this as much.
Hahaha I can tell u never played MVC b4, megaman can practically get his movesets from there, hes the 3rd most wanted 2rd party character, and with sonic having the top spot and almost practically being in brawl, megaman has a great chance getting it...

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
Hahaha I can tell u never played MVC b4, megaman can practically get his movesets from there, hes the 3rd most wanted 2rd party character, and with sonic having the top spot and almost practically being in brawl, megaman has a great chance getting it...
most likely, the top 2 will be in, not the 3rd megaman due to the fact that 2 or possibly only one being added.

Top Bottom