• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Two Sides of the Same Aegis: The Pyra & Mythra Social thread

zferolie

Smash Hero
Now Officially In Smash!!!

XC2-Pyra-and-Mythra-artwork.jpg

Who Are they?

Pyra and Mythra are 2 forms of the legendary Ageis, a super powerful blade in the world of Xenoblade Chronicals 2. Pyra is more kind and carefree, while Mythra more serious. Both help their chosen driver (Rex) to help save the world from destruction. Xenoblade Chronicals 2 is the highest selling game in the series, and Pyra and Mythra are huge fan favorites. Often jokingly pointing at the raise of the Nintendo Waifu, these 2 have lots of fan art, merchandise, and are considered the most popular characters from the series

tumblr_p170wxQZN51s0eayfo2_540.png.jpg

Why should they be in?

XC2 is one of the highest selling switch games, the highest selling game in the series, and has a ton of fans. it also has over a year of very successful DLC, and Sakurai himself loves the series. Its obvious Nintendo would want to try and cater to that fanbase by adding them in as DLC for smash.

tumblr_pb6dhbOIqi1rnaemno1_1280.jpg

But what About Rex?

A lot of you may be thinking, how can Pyra and Mythra fight without Rex? In the original game the driver did all the work but the blade came in for specials. Well, I myself still need to play the Torna expansion(I have so much games on my backlog... i should do this first though. Loved the game so much... and also need to finish the base and new game plus but getting off track now) but there is a new feature that has you swapping control between the blade and the driver, so you can fully play as mythra in the battles using what would have been your specials in the original game but as your actual battle skils in this one. Here is a clip of Mythra jumping into action in the actual gameplay

So the 2 can easily fight without Rex.

tumblr_p841h9bmMP1wyx4igo1_1280.png.jpg

Potential Movesets

Personally, I see them being a stance swaping character, like original Zelda and Shiek, but less extreme with the changes. Pyra has higher jumps and air speed, while Mythra has faster ground speed and shorter jumps Their A moves largely stay the same but the properties change, and their B moves are different. A key part of Pyra/Mythra's playstyle is the break system. It would work Simuarly to how it works in the game. Certain attacks can break a targets guard. if a target is broken, a skill of yours can then knock them down. if a foe is knocked down, another skill can then launch them into the air, and finally a last skill can slam them into the ground. So for example, Pyra's B skill, Flame Nova does an AoE that inflicts the break status, then, using your down smash will topple any breaked characters, making them trip instead of sending them flying away. You can then use your forward tilt to launch, and then your Dair to smash. There are other combos like this as well. Break appeans with a few of the moves, and depending who is leaking the moves with have different effects for the effects a foe has. The states of the character last a bit, even after a foe has recovered. Break lasts the longest, and launch lasts the shortest. The higher % though the longer the status lasts

Jab. Pyra/Mythra do a 2 hit combo, left swing right swing. for both characters hitting a break target extends the duration of any status
Ftilt: They doe a arching upward slash. With Prya does it this makes any toppled character be launched. With Mythra it does increased damage to toppled foes, but does no knock back
Dtilt: Pyra/Mythra stab out with the sword low. Pyra burns broken characters for more damage, Mythra launches toppled characters
UTilt: Pyra/Mythra spin while slashing upwards. If Pyra hits a broken character this burns for more damage. Mythra hitting a launched character gives greater knockback. COmbos well with Dtilt
Dash: Does a short hop with a twirl attack. Pyra hitting a launched character with this burns for more damage, while Mythra hitting a broken character has greater knock back

tumblr_pdjdxxVWmJ1rebpa3o1_1280.jpg

I see their smash attacks working pretty much like Rex's normal skills
Fsmash: Sword Bash. Prya/Mythra jab their sword forward. Has a longer reach due to how large the sword is. If a foe is Broken, with Pyra with burns to foe for extra with Mythra this gives increased knockback
Up Smash: Rolling smash. Pyra/Mythra lean back, then doing a jump overhead smash with the sword. this hits in an arc above them. This does extra damage to Launched foes
Down Smash: Double spinning Smash. Pyra/Mythra do a low spin with their sword. If anyone hit has been broken, this trips the foe instead of knocking away.

0da.jpg

Airs:
Nair: Pyra/Mythra spin with the sword out. For both characters this increases the duration of any status
Fair. Does a heavy sword swing down. With Pyra hitting a toppled foe burns them for extra damage, with Mythra hitting a launched character inflicts smash, doing a strong meteor smash
UAir: Pyra/Mythra do an over head arching swing backward to forward. With Pyra this gives the break status. With Mythra this does extra knockback to broken foes
Bair: Pyra/Mythra look behind them and slash the sword backwards. Pyra can topple with this move on broken foes, while Mythra deals extra knock back to launched foes.
DAir. Pyra/Mythra stab the sword downwards. If Pyra hits a launched character this inflicts smash, doing a strong meteor smash. If Mythra hits a broken character this topples.

92a.jpg

Pyra B moves
B: Flame Nova. Pyra Spins with her arms up, flames flying around her, and then puls her arms down, dispercing the flames around her. Has slightly longer reach then Link's Up B, and the flames going up and down hurt. Inflicts the break status if used in the air she can move a bit like luigi's down B
Side B: Blazing end. Pyra throws a blazing sword forward, which stars from slightly above her head and arcs down at a 45 degree angle. In it hits a character or surface it stops, and spins there doing damage before dissapearing. Hitting a Launched character with this burns them for lots of extra damage.
Up B: Prominence Revolt. Pyra leaps into the air, flames surrounding her(holding down the B button makes her leap higher up to a certain height), then launches herself back down at an angle, when she hits the ground a pillar of flames burst out at the hight of Palutena's up smash if fully charged. Hitting a toppled foe with this does massive damage due to the burn.
Down B: Change form. Pyra switches forms into Mythra

0d1.jpg

Mythra B Moves
B: Ray Of Punishment. Mythra jumpsup and fires a beam of light down in a 45 degree angle, and makes a small explosion when it hits the ground. This does massive knock back to broken enemies. This gives her more height when used in the air, but only the first time.
Side B: After a brif pause Mythra dashes forward. If she hits someone she rappidly slashs them then knock them away. This inflicts the break status
Up B: Lightning Buster. Mythra raising into the air, slashing anyone around her for a good few seconds before stopping. This does massive knock back to launched enemies
Down B: Change form. Mythra switches forms into Pyra

Final Smash: Infinity Blade. Prya/Mythra leap foward and do a large slash attack with an extended sword. If it hits, a cutscene happens, where they well, spoilers below
transform into Pneuma and do the final attack

17f.jpg

In conclusion
So I hope you guys help and support Pyra and Mythra! They would be a great choice in the game, and as you can see do not need Rex for them to work.

b90.jpg

Supporters

Attachments

Last edited:

Super Bario

Smash Cadet
More then anything (after Ridley) I’d love to see Pyra in Smash bros, whether she’s supporting Rex or is a character herself. I still have hope for Rex as DLC, but I wouldn’t be complaining if we got Pyra/Mythra.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I would probably change the thread title, to stop from perpetuating the myth that they’re just waifus with no depth.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Araki called, he wants royalty payments.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I would probably change the thread title, to stop from perpetuating the myth that they’re just waifus with no depth.
That was part of the joke honestly. Hense why I also have the your tears pyra picture as well. The true fans know they are more then that

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I like them, and support :)

Um.. interesting choice of pictures. I guess you're throwing caution to the wind and going with the waifu direction.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I like them, and support :)

Um.. interesting choice of pictures. I guess you're throwing caution to the wind and going with the waifu direction.
I was trying to find good artwork and most of the good artwork shows off their bodies.

We should probably try to convince non-fans as well though.
Good point. CHanged title to More Then Just Waifus!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I was trying to find good artwork and most of the good artwork shows off their bodies.

Good point. CHanged title to More Then Just Waifus!
With excessive fan service, unfortunately.
It's kind of the same thing as with the title.

I mean, it's 'ok', but it may turn off some people, maybe.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
With excessive fan service, unfortunately.
It's kind of the same thing as with the title.

I mean, it's 'ok', but it may turn off some people, being on the first post.
I guess I could replace some of them. Honestly only 2 of the pictures may be a bit much, the last and that Mythra one

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I would say most except the first 2, but ya know.

I like the last one :)
(tho i wouldn't put it in the first post, myself)

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I would say all of them except the first 2, and the 'your tears' one.

I like the last one :)
(tho i wouldn't put it in the first post, myself)
But I like that T-Posing Rex away one. it fit the theme of that point

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's the Internet. This is not a surprise.
It's true though, it's harder to find non fan-service ones for them than other :p

But I like that T-Posing Rex away one. it fit the theme of that point
It's still quite revealing or whatever. It's up to you, and we can see how others feel.

We'll probably end up posting art in the thread anyway, and since they're pretty 'waifu'ed', it's a bit hard to avoid anyway. It just depends how some people think of it on impact (first impressions and stuch). we'll see, i guess.

I gotta go, but hf. glad you did make it :)

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I support myself because Im just that great.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Let's not deny that their design ( boobies ) was meant to be waifu-like in the first place. xD
But they are more than that, that's for sure

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Real talk, obviously Mythra is my most wanted newcomer, but the Rex factor pretty much made me think she and Pyra would be relegated to the background most of the time.
Rex getting the lowkey axe pretty much opened a door of them being standalone supported by the great combat system of Torna. However I feel Nintendo choosing the DLC closed the door for all Xeno franchises, even if XC2 is on pace to reach 2M copies sold.
My hopes are pretty much 0 and them are just a dream for me, a dream I want to be a reality of course, the Coffee and the Milk are great characters that without a doubt would be a great fit for Smash.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Oof, this would be the ideal situation. Would love solo Pyra and Mythra. The Torna battle mechanics make it possible, just not plausible, sadly :crying:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Ok, everyone should be added as supporters now.

Oof, this would be the ideal situation. Would love solo Pyra and Mythra. The Torna battle mechanics make it possible, just not plausible, sadly :crying:
I really need to play the torna DLC, but I want to finish the main game and do NG+ first... cries

Not Plausable i assume due to thinking they won't be in due to the rex mii costume?

Super Bario

Smash Cadet

I really need to play the torna DLC, but I want to finish the main game and do NG+ first... cries

Not Plausable i assume due to thinking they won't be in due to the rex mii costume?
Just throwing this out there, but you could finish the main game, then try out Torna, then start NG+. I won't spoil it, but Torna ends in a way that makes you want to see the main game again after finishing it. Plus it could give you some time away from the main game to make going through NG+ less monotonous. But that's just me, ignore this if it isn't useful.

Also I support. I guess I should've mentioned that earlier.

Last edited:

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD

Hi, pleeeeeeease add me to the supporters list :)

The Torna DLC is great, and a refreshing change of pace if you've put the hours into XC2 (850 last time I looked..... I may have a problem.)
It fixed a lot of issues that the original game had, although I wish they applied them to the original game too.

As much as I would like Rex and Pyra as a character, there is only one reason I want Rex in the game - and that's because I want Pyra and Mythra in the game.
If they get in as a solo character with a switching mechanic, I would be very happy. I can't see them doing that, given that it wouldn't be true to the source material, but they can do it if it means getting them in the game.

zferolie

Smash Hero
you three have been added!

Just throwing this out there, but you could finish the main game, then try out Torna, then start NG+. I won't spoil it, but Torna ends in a way that makes you want to see the main game again after finishing it. Plus it could give you some time away from the main game to make going through NG+ less monotonous. But that's just me, ignore this if it isn't useful.

Also I support. I guess I should've mentioned that earlier.
That sounds like a good idea actually. thanks for the suggestion

Hi, pleeeeeeease add me to the supporters list :)

The Torna DLC is great, and a refreshing change of pace if you've put the hours into XC2 (850 last time I looked..... I may have a problem.)
It fixed a lot of issues that the original game had, although I wish they applied them to the original game too.

As much as I would like Rex and Pyra as a character, there is only one reason I want Rex in the game - and that's because I want Pyra and Mythra in the game.
If they get in as a solo character with a switching mechanic, I would be very happy. I can't see them doing that, given that it wouldn't be true to the source material, but they can do it if it means getting them in the game.
I do agree. While Rex is not bad at all, I mostly want Pyra and Mythra myself. They had more interesting personality and would be cool to play as for sure!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I know it might be weird to have pyra in the game without rex, but it'd be one interesting move that I'd love to see them do.
They could explain it in some way and get people to accept her as a battler. :)

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Finished base game some time ago. Playing Torna DLC when possible.

Add me to the support list please?

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
you three have been added!

That sounds like a good idea actually. thanks for the suggestion

I do agree. While Rex is not bad at all, I mostly want Pyra and Mythra myself. They had more interesting personality and would be cool to play as for sure!
I would follow the advice of Super Bario. I played the hell out of XC2's main game and did multiple NG+ runs, but the way Torna finishes would fit well with another playthrough of the main game - and since there is a lot of additional features behind NG+, it would make that experience more fun in my opinion. Plus, you have the benefit of everything being released now :)

I think another concern of mine with a Rex/Pyra fighter is that Pyra might be relegated to a background element, like Pokemon Trainer, which I really don't want. I'd be happy for them to have an Ice Climber effect, but rather than being seperated, they stay together as one hitbox, for example if they are launched, they are launched together.

If they can't do that, then I would rather Pyra and Mythra be separate, and just given them access to anchor shot and Rex's Arts.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Users have been added.

Gonna try and do a art post for the characters every few days or so Feel free to share art as well! Here is todays

source

Source

I would follow the advice of Super Bario. I played the hell out of XC2's main game and did multiple NG+ runs, but the way Torna finishes would fit well with another playthrough of the main game - and since there is a lot of additional features behind NG+, it would make that experience more fun in my opinion. Plus, you have the benefit of everything being released now :)

I think another concern of mine with a Rex/Pyra fighter is that Pyra might be relegated to a background element, like Pokemon Trainer, which I really don't want. I'd be happy for them to have an Ice Climber effect, but rather than being seperated, they stay together as one hitbox, for example if they are launched, they are launched together.

If they can't do that, then I would rather Pyra and Mythra be separate, and just given them access to anchor shot and Rex's Arts.
Yeah I'll do that. Just need to make the time. and now Lets go eevee drops friday too... But i loved the game and really want to finish it and see everything in it.

yeah thats one reason why I would rather them be in without rex. I would be sad if they were in the background and only popped in for certain attacks. Having them be full fleshed fighters would be better and more respectful. Plus, while Rex is the main playable character I feel that the true heroes of the story are Pyra and Mythra. Yes rex is very important and a hero too but Pyra and Mythra were the stars and also what got the game some popular(plus the gameplay and story)

In my potental moveset I felt they would borrow Rex's arts through their smash attacks, except anchor shot, not sure how to fit that in.

Last edited:

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
Users have been added.

Gonna try and do a art post for the characters every few days or so Feel free to share art as well! Here is todays

source

Source

Yeah I'll do that. Just need to make the time. and now Lets go eevee drops friday too... But i loved the game and really want to finish it and see everything in it.

yeah thats one reason why I would rather them be in without rex. I would be sad if they were in the background and only popped in for certain attacks. Having them be full fleshed fighters would be better and more respectful. Plus, while Rex is the main playable character I feel that the true heroes of the story are Pyra and Mythra. Yes rex is very important and a hero too but Pyra and Mythra were the stars and also what got the game some popular(plus the gameplay and story)

In my potental moveset I felt they would borrow Rex's arts through their smash attacks, except anchor shot, not sure how to fit that in.
I think, in total, I've put 900 hours into XC2, 50 of those into Torna - not that you have to put that much time in to see everything, I just liked experimenting with different (broken) blade builds and messing with the custom difficulty settings (one of the best things about NG+).

Pyra and Mythra are my favourite characters in the game, not just because of the story (which trust me, you'll look at Mythra in a different way when you finish Torna), but I also really liked their play style. And yeah, I like their designs too. Big boobs and bare thighs don't upset me in any way. In fact, I would really like that Mythra pic ^^^^^^ on my wall.

For a moveset, Mythra and Pyra could use the anchor shot - I know it's strictly attached to Rex, but it is exclusive to the Aegis Sword moveset, and would make for a cool grab and tether recovery. If they didn't want to implement it as a grab, it could be a special that causes damage and trips opponents, similar to the topple mechanic, leaving them open to follow-up. There's lots of possibilities.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I think, in total, I've put 900 hours into XC2, 50 of those into Torna - not that you have to put that much time in to see everything, I just liked experimenting with different (broken) blade builds and messing with the custom difficulty settings (one of the best things about NG+).

Pyra and Mythra are my favourite characters in the game, not just because of the story (which trust me, you'll look at Mythra in a different way when you finish Torna), but I also really liked their play style. And yeah, I like their designs too. Big boobs and bare thighs don't upset me in any way. In fact, I would really like that Mythra pic ^^^^^^ on my wall.

For a moveset, Mythra and Pyra could use the anchor shot - I know it's strictly attached to Rex, but it is exclusive to the Aegis Sword moveset, and would make for a cool grab and tether recovery. If they didn't want to implement it as a grab, it could be a special that causes damage and trips opponents, similar to the topple mechanic, leaving them open to follow-up. There's lots of possibilities.
I can't remember how many hours I put in. I was in the middle of climbing the tree, but stopped to try and grind for the remaining blades I needed (Got everyone but KOS-MOS) and I think doing that grind burned me out a bit. But I swear I had like 300-400 hours on it haha. As for my team... who did I use mostly... I would need to look up again, but I pretty much used all female blades, and mostly played as Nia with Morag, and either had rex or Poppi out, or Zeke with the wind Ax girl.

Mytha and Pyra I like a lot but I think my favorite was either nia or Morag. I lvoed Nia's personality and COckny accent, and Morag was such a cool badass character. I also like Bath tub Yuri girl a lot, and Adenine a ton

I suppose they could manifest it. maybe could work as a grab at least, like Rex gave them the device before they joined the battle

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
If Rex can't get in then I fully want Pyra and Mythra on their own. XC2 absolutely deserves a fighter.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If Pyra or Nia could get in, it'd be awesome :)
Not dissing on mythra. I just really like Nia :)

Sysreq

Smash Ace

Partially because of the game lore. Blades can't exist without Drivers. I mean you could argue Rex just isn't there, similar to how Malos just ****s around on his own but that would be kinda eh.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Partially because of the game lore. Blades can't exist without Drivers. I mean you could argue Rex just isn't there, similar to how Malos just ****s around on his own but that would be kinda eh.
He could be in the background like pokemon trainer.
Or something. I mean, if people could accept seeing chrom in the game but not fighting, why not rex :p

or just add both.

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I'm curious how Pyra/Mythra supporters view this idea.

Have the character as "Rex and Pyra", tap B to switch blades back and forth between Pyra and Mythra, hold B to switch Rex out to the secondary character and have Pyra and Mythra be playabe, tapping b will now let you swap between a playable Pyra and Mythra and holding B will let you swap back to Rex.

Last edited:
Top Bottom