• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two questions

Puffer

Smash Apprentice
1. How is the Melee tournament scene doing? I saw a Melee tournament being advertised a while back (I think it was in Georgia or something) - does anyone know how that one went? Is Melee still alive and well? Is it still thrashing Brawl's sorry butt?

2. So how did that thing go where people were trying to push for Melee being in EVO instead of Brawl? I see now on EVO's web site that it looks like they'll be taking Brawl anyway...is there any way for them to make any last-minute changes or is it pretty much set in stone now?

If anyone can answer any of these questions, please respond. Gotta make sure Melee's still kicking butt.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
You could just look through tournament listsing and what not.

Meele isn't as big as before but it's defenitly far from finished. A lot of new players are getting recognized more. Most Brawl tourneys still host meele. It's just that noobs don't want to contribute to the pot is the problem.

SacredThunder

Smash Cadet
melee is still alive and kicking and only getting bigger. I really wish melee was at EVO but apparently they think new has to be better

Zodiac

Smash Master
melee is still alive and kicking and only getting bigger. I really wish melee was at EVO but apparently they think new has to be better
Evo is a place for fighting games, brawl should not even be inside the venue. aside from that, yes the tournament scene is doing well. moderately, and the Georgia tournaments went amazing from what I heard.

Puffer

Smash Apprentice
Evo is a place for fighting games, brawl should not even be inside the venue. aside from that, yes the tournament scene is doing well. moderately, and the Georgia tournaments went amazing from what I heard.
'Kay thanks guys for the responses - I guess Melee is still kicking pretty good.

I still can't imagine how all those players could have ditched Melee for Brawl - even watching Brawl replays is depressing. The people who managed EVO must have had their heads screwed on wrong to allow a game like Brawl to be included in the lineup...I bet there were a lot of regrets over that decision. Heh.

Plus it still bugs me that most of the former Melee "pros" decided to start playing the less competitive game. I'll be surprised if Brawl ends up having HALF as much depth as Melee had. Again - how sad.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Honestly EVO is a bad place for smash anyways so don't be down about melee not being there, when it was they had 5000$ on the line and did best of 1, just ask m2k. Also the rules for brawl are horrible with items on and stuff. So its not a huge loss that we lost EVO.

I went to georgia was freaking amazing tournament. I"m also going to FAST and theres smashtality later in the summer, all 3 big tournies were either all melee or include melee. Its not dead by a long shot. Also around my area melee weeklies sometimes get better attendance than brawl ones. Melee's far from dead IMO.

Puffer

Smash Apprentice
I went to georgia was freaking amazing tournament. I"m also going to FAST and theres smashtality later in the summer, all 3 big tournies were either all melee or include melee. Its not dead by a long shot. Also around my area melee weeklies sometimes get better attendance than brawl ones. Melee's far from dead IMO.
Thanks dude - that's heartening. I guess I can pretty much stop worrying about it. It's only a matter of time before people realize that Brawl is trash anyway. Heh.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Yup, im getting a melee tournament going at my place in a couple weeks, check my sig if your in the area come

Top Bottom