• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two points of interest

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
1. Sonic's Nair. When SH (fastfalled i might add), this move has the animation of the nair without the sparkles and stuff. When trying to use it in this way to attack, the move doesn't inflict any damage at all. Can we say mindgamez?

2. We all know spinshoting requires Sonic to have a second jump left. But when you peform this glitch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSOiGOvTzws

You do not have a second jump, but still you are able to peform a spinshot and when you do peform the spinshot that animation still occurs. It's strange because when you try to double jump after doing that glitch, it's impossible because only one jump can happen and then that animation occurs.

I'll post videos if no one understands what I'm saying.

I really want someone as technical as Tenki to explain number 2.

#2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bajVQSQZWiY

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I'm not as technical as Tenki, but I think that you do retain your double jump from that glitch. It's just that you can only use it if you're in "blue aura ball" form.

You can do the glitch, Spin Dash (or Charge + JC) and double jump out of it. Hence, it's possible to do the Spinshot because you have your 2nd jump and are in "blue aura ball" form.

So, um, yeah.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I'm not as technical as Tenki, but I think that you do retain your double jump from that glitch. It's just that you can only use it if you're in "blue aura ball" form.

You can do the glitch, Spin Dash (or Charge + JC) and double jump out of it. Hence, it's possible to do the Spinshot because you have your 2nd jump and are in "blue aura ball" form.

So, um, yeah.
How come I can't double jump after you do that glitch? When I do the first jump I am in so called "blue aura ball" form but immediately I go into the animation that occurs after an UP B.

I will post a video right now about what I mean.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
After the glitch, you can't double jump out of your normal jump. However, you can double jump out of the SD hop or any JC.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, I remember messing around with this as soon as I saw the how-to-do-airtrip video.

IMO what happens to cause the airtrip is that you land before you go into the "attack/fall" state (the 'airtrip' state), so it replaces your next "idle air" state with the 'airtrip' state.

In the airtrip state:
You can:
- Use A-attacks
- Airdodge
- Move left/right
- Fast fall
You cannot:
- Use B-moves
- Double jump (even if you have jumps remaining)

When you do spinshot, you get put into the "spindash phases", which is a pretty free 'special attack' tree kinda like how Marth has multiple moves in the Dancing Blade (except you can use jump/double jump). Part of the phases is the side-B 'hop', and during the hop, you can do a special double jump out of it if you still have jumps remaining.

putting this together:
A- You perform the air-trip glitch and land on the floor. It is now 'saved' for your next jump. Your jumps are replenished.
B- You start a grounded side-B hop (enter special attack state)
C- You input [jump] or [attack], which acts as a shortcut to use up your double jump. As usual, if timed correctly, will spinshot.
D- As soon as the jump begins (remember that it's just a 'normal' double jump travelling fast), you go into the 'airtrip' state.

Similarly, if you use down-B and do a SDJ, you can jump cancel that, since you're using a shortcut from the special attack state.

The one thing that you can't do out of either of these is an aerial spring, since the airtrip state disallows springs.

tl;dr
So pretty much, you can do anything as you normally would (even spring) as long as you're on the ground. "Double jumping" out of a side/down-B is still works, because those jumps are done via 'shortcuts' in the special attack. But after you do that, you return to the airtrip state.

If you jump first and try to do a special move, it won't work because you're in the airtrip state.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Thanks man. It bugs me a lot when I can't figure out how something works.

Tenki

Smash Hero
No, I'm making it up as I go along. Really.

It just seems really probable though ;D

Top Bottom