• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Two articles I wrote that pertain to improvement in SSBM

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
http://myneverendingbrainstorm.blogspot.ca/2014/07/goals-in-ssbm-intro-to-player-vs-player.html
http://myneverendingbrainstorm.blogspot.ca/2014/07/goals-in-ssbm-intro-to-player-vs-player_26.html

Two-part article I wrete that shows how you can use a goal-oriented approach to improve your in-match decision-making. Aimed at beginners & intermediate level SSBM players with solid character control & a basic grasp of matchup theory who want to improve their ability to evaluate situations in a match, break poor habits, and more!

Last edited:

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
That's some heavy **** man that's well above my head. Great read.

I guess it just goes back to what all fighting games really are. The player against the game (mastering their character) and against the opponent. Autopilotting with solid execution can only really get you so far. There's a wall that you inevitably reach when you've effectively beaten the game but aren't truly beating the opponent yet, you're only winning because you're beating the game better than they are.

Altanic

Smash Apprentice
Just reading that really made me think about how I play and what I can do to help myself get better. Looking at it in the way of "my goals vs. your goals" has never made so much sense before this.
Please do more, this will seriously help people :)

Big Daddy Josh

Smash Apprentice
This was awesome man. Would you be able to do this for Marth? This way of teaching is amazing.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
So educational! This is exactly what l needed. I'm a very technical player and normally get stomped by more patient players.

Dem goals though.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
This was awesome man. Would you be able to do this for Marth? This way of teaching is amazing.
I think if I did something for Marth it would be more about how you can control options in a juggle. And how finishing a combo can often be less good than simply maintaining advantage & letting the opponent hang themselves.

Big Daddy Josh

Smash Apprentice
I think if I did something for Marth it would be more about how you can control options in a juggle. And how finishing a combo can often be less good than simply maintaining advantage & letting the opponent hang themselves.
I'm very interested in this, if you're at all considering doing that. I personally watch A LOT of Marth matches, and I can obviously see what they do, but I'm not too sure why or why it works.

Top Bottom