• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TWK? Zelda vids! New videos 5/9!!!

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Youtube only seems to play 1 in 15 videos for me. I only saw Match 4.

I think you need to try to incorporate some more dash attacks, Farore's Wind attacks, maybe a throw here and there. That would help speed up the pace.

That time he was edge-hogging and you died could have been avoided. If you time it right, you can use the attack at the end of FW to hit him off the ledge, possibly KOing him, and then you grab onto the ledge yourself.. You're invincible during the process, so it's a great move.

You're good at evading. Just try to get some more rhythm. Mix it up, follow your attacks, either with a Din's Fire, dash attack or FW. All three are great openers for the F-air attack.

TWK?

Smash Cadet
thx guys. Ya in match 4 i saw that happening as soon as I pressed upB, lol I knew i timed it soooo poorly. In the other matches u can see plenty of grabs and farore's usage, I end up hitting him with the a lot. The dash attacks Im kind of iffy on, sometimes I don't use em enough and other times I use them far too much and get punished easily, lol. Thx for the advice, I'll work on incorporating them more. In the meantime, try to watch the others and see what you think! thanks again!

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Sure, no problem :D

The videos still won't load! Darn you youtube! I have no idea what it is. I've tried everythingggg.

TWK?

Smash Cadet
haha, thanks for all the support guys! Hopefully I'll have more videos up by the weekend with a more diverse set of opponents... lol. Keep the advice coming! :p.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
You have a pretty good Zelda ^^
You seemed to keep that Lucario on his toes often.

You seem to decay F-smash a bit however. I'll admit, F-smash is good for Lucario, as I've found he barely ever falls into an U-smash. xP
You could possibly do with a few more U-tilt, and F-tilt. They're amazing moves with amazing KO ability.

I also wouldn't attempt a spike everytime the opponent is off stage grounds. It becomes incredibly predictable, and some opponents could easily punish this.

More throws would also help your game. Just to mix it up a bit.

Other than that you seemed to be doing well. Your defense is good and you evade well. ^^

TWK?

Smash Cadet
Oh, forgot to mention one thing. The reason I was trying for a spike at every chance was we made a bet earlier that night over a box of chicken nuggets that I wouldn't spike him once that night. As you can see from video 6, I got my chicken :p. Thanks for all the added support and advice! I really am trying to work more f- and u-tilts into my game. I rarely u-tilt when I should, it's a pretty bad habit >.<. As for the f-tilt, I used to prefer f-smash to it (I use f-smash as my main damage dealer against certain characters) but f-tilt is SOOO good, lol. I pop it out where f-smash is too laggy, although I haven't gotten it completely smoothly into my game yet (working on it! I swear! lol). Thanks again guys! I'll update the title when new sets are uploaded!.

Facet

Smash Cadet
I only just watched the vs Dusk(Link) video. There were several things that I noticed, but chief among them, I think its important to mention this:

If one of your combos doesnt work, the LAST thing you want to do is to try it over and over again until it does. Its an obvious pattern that competent opponents will punish you for. At 3:57 you hit Link with Dtilt but missed your follow up (Utilt). Literally the only thing you did until 4:36 was try to Dtilt combo him and get it right. None of them worked. You won anyways since that opponent was kinda bad, but its not a good habit to form.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Two problems with that statement Facet:

1) If this is friendlies, of course you want to try it again until you find out where it can work, or has a higher probability.

2) We don't know if he changes from friendlies to tournaments. He could have two completely different playstyles.

Sorry TWK, I'm no critic, so I won't be able to provide advice really on your videos. I hate doing it. But if you want to fight another Zelda player, or my Meta, or D3, or hell even my ROB or Falco or Ike, lemme know.

Facet

Smash Cadet
True, but how am I supposed to know when hes being serious or not? I dont know him at all, so unless specifically stated otherwise, Im assuming hes playing his hardest in every moment of every game. I noticed a bad habit that is common to lots of players in lots of games: if he wants feedback, how am I supposed to ignore it?

If its just a friendy I suppose its not as bad, but I find the best practice is to just play normally and not force anything. If I miss something one time, I'll just make sure to do it right the next time it would naturally be used.

TWK?

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the replies guys! Ya, about the dsmash, I was kinda spamming it a bit, but in that particular instance I was just kinda playing around and testing. I think I should make notes of when they are particularly tough matches..... Sorry about that >.<. So I guess matches of note would be Vs. Blind, Vs. STORM, and Vs. DOC. I have more vids that I'll be uploading over the next few days. As you'll see, I just can't fight DOC's SNake with my Zelda for some reason..... :mad: but I tend to switch to Olimar if it matters against him and then it's a really easy matchup /shrug. Again, thank you for all the advice, I can definitely see how the excessive combo attempts, even just in casual testing could lead to really bad habits. I should also be getting tournament vids and more serious sets rather than just casuals with random people. Tsuteto, I'd be happy to play you sometime, even though I am on the east coast. I'll put my brawl code up on my profile this night or so. I'm really just loving these responses :) Such helpful people!

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
East Coast, West Coast, blah. I'm starting to find that distance doesn't play as much of a part into lag as everyone believes.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Yeah, which is probably the only explanation of our lag, but it was still totally playable.

Leaf2

Smash Rookie
Very nice Zelda. Your spacing is pro.

I enjoy watching the psuedo-Tbagging as well.

TWK?

Smash Cadet
hahaha thanks :). I try to space well, since that's mostly what brawl comes to. It's nice to see somebody thinks I do it well, hahaha. And idk, the constant crouching is just kinda what I do, some people spam short-hopped Nairs (see Darkmusician IIRC), some people spam taunts, I duck (just in case of sniper fire, lol).

shal

Smash Apprentice
you got a nice zelda its really cool how you made the spike combo's i give a 5 star. But not to sound bad I would give you a friendly advice to use your side "b" a little more. Other than that I would have to say great job.

Nakayorz

Smash Apprentice
you got a nice zelda its really cool how you made the spike combo's i give a 5 star. But not to sound bad I would give you a friendly advice to use your side "b" a little more. Other than that I would have to say great job.
looks like he was using side 'b' a lot towards the end there. no matter.

TWK what happened with your recording device there's so much artifacting in the newer footage.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
I watched your first match vs. satan, and it made me laugh.

For the first stock, you didn't kill his kirby until he was at like 144%
But how did you kill him? With a sweet spot lighting kick lol.

Pretty much any move you have will finish him, but hit gets hit with the lowest damager KOer you have
Don't get me wrong, if the opponent gives you the opportunity to land one you take it.

It's just funny to see all that damage you racked up on him be pointless when the same move would have killed him at pretty much any point in the match.

You have some nice edge guard.

TWK?

Smash Cadet
Thanks guys! sFoster, SATAN is a fun guy to play against, his mid-game commentary is HILARIOUS! I'm hoping to get some vids where you can hear out voices, lol just because he wants it. I would've loved to nail him with that kick earlier, probably should have, but he's just a buncha fun to play with :p. And Nakayorz, I'm not really sure what happened there with the recording, but it seems that if I record for a good length of time (I left my laptop recording with a group of guys for several hours) when the file converts to a managable format it has a whole buncha weird things after clip editing. Having seen that, I'm going to steer clear of just letting it record for several hours, but it can manage just fine for about an hour and a half of straight recording. I hate my laptop sometimes >.<. Just gonna have to split up the recording capsules next time /sigh...

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
One combo I think you should add on is the down grab into U-smash at low damage because it racks up almost 30% right away and possibly turn it into a death combo with a Fair or Bair after some juggling. It is really hard to DI out of and if they do than hit with a Dash attack and then U-smash. I really like your aggressiveness with the Dair because it could make your opponent make mistakes getting back. Otherwise, add a few more tilts and I think your pretty awesome.

TWK?

Smash Cadet
I played him online a bunch the other night... used Mr. Game and Bucket against his Zelda so he started always pulling 'em short, so I jumped in and pulled out the bucket... lol. Also, he wants me to be his sugar daddy, thus the desire for my money. It's all very simple. Lol. Honestly, I was just screaming at him to fill my bucket the ENTIRE night :laugh:

Aeyr

Smash Apprentice
I played him online a bunch the other night... used Mr. Game and Bucket against his Zelda so he started always pulling 'em short, so I jumped in and pulled out the bucket... lol. Also, he wants me to be his sugar daddy, thus the desire for my money. It's all very simple. Lol. Honestly, I was just screaming at him to fill my bucket the ENTIRE night :laugh:
haha! Too bad out of all our games you only got it full ONCE XD. I remember seeing it fill up and knowing I was screwed haha.

Top Bottom