• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twitchy c-stick causes ledgehop problems!

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I've noticed that whenever I use the c-stick to fall off a ledge before I ledgehop, that sometimes it will fall and do an aerial attack, making ledgehopping rather difficult, and sometimes resulting in my own death.

I've tested numerous c-stick directions to test the frequency of ledgehop interruptions, and I find that pressing down and away from the ledge yields the best results. My ledgehop is interrupted only about 15% of the time now.

Does this happen to anyone else? What method do you use when you ledgehop?

Off Topic:
BTW guys, never put goat milk in coffee. Don't ask me why, just don't do it. It creates a near fatal concoction.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
If you rotate the stick 1/16th during the away animation after you've let go, you'll also perform a bair. I do this sometimes, it annoys me. If you just focus on what you're doing, you won't have a problem, but it's not an uncommon mistake, both with edge-hopping as well as c-stick ASDI wall-teching.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Wha? Using the c-stick to drop from the ledge? That thought never crossed my mind. Why would you use the cstick to drop from the ledge?

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Wha? Using the c-stick to drop from the ledge? That thought never crossed my mind. Why would you use the cstick to drop from the ledge?
Because you would be able to hit away on the c-stick and up on the control stick right away. The other best approach is down on the control stick and x or y to midair, but then your last motion requires your right hand, so a/b moves are harder to perform as quickly with this method as compared to the c-stick method.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
@phanna: If you jump w/ x or y think it's much more consistent to drop w/the control stick.
How would you ledgehop to Uair if you drop with the control stick and jump with x/y? The button layout is a little distant if you plan on performing Uair with the c-stick, don't you think?

Eaode

Smash Champion
Ledge hopped Uairs are really the only time I don't c-stick a uair. It's just easier wit te control stick.

I Don't use c-stick to drop, it just seems wierd.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
I use the control stick everytime, and I don't think the button layout to get the uair is would be hard with the control stick. I can do it, I guess I'm pretty quick?

Top Bottom