• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tutorial Video Creation Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This is a very important project for helping everyone understand this game and how it works. This project should consist of tutorial videos on how to perform things, and what terms in the Smash community actually refer to. Before we begin this project, though, I would like to discuss what the breakdown should be (i.e. a video series on DI, a video series on momentum changing attacks, etc.), and we also need to make sure that the terminology we're using is well defined (and possibly renamed) before relaying it to people.

Also, it would definitely help if we discussed a steamlined presentation method of doing these videos, so they are all easy to understand and follow along (i.e. Having the name and definition shown, followed by how to do it, then the video shown of how exactly to do it).

This thread is for the discussion of this project and all of its nuances.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Did anyone watch Sirlins instructional videos?

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
That video taught me how to play Melee. Though I suck at Melee, it was VERY useful and effective in actually teaching me what I needed to know. I like it a lot, and I would replicate something similar if making one of our own for Brawl.

(I didn't know Wak was Sirlin?)

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Sirlin's tutorials were pretty solid actually.

I actually liked that he didn't use too much smash terminology and used more laymans terms since it would be easier for the everyday person to understand what's going on.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'd like to contribute to the creation of the video somehow. If a standard is made, I'm pretty handy with Adobe Premiere Pro 2.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Ok, I guess i'll start working on one about the physics of attacks tonight. We can see how that goes, and follow that as a format, i guess.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Well, give it to us here in a "beta" format so we can give suggestions on how to change/improve on it. I'd like to keep the same format for all of them, if we could, so the sooner we get it right the better it'll be.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I'd like to contribute a lot with this, i've a very good capture card + video editing software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom