• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tuscaloosa Competitive Smash #3 Brawl Doubles + Singles November 8th (CONFIRMED!!!)

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
Date CONFIZZIRMED

if you're on facebook, hit up the event page and let me know if you're coming.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=31452972074
Also if you're interested in more Tuscaloosa events (I think the next event will be an ALL-Melee tourney IF people show enough interest) join this group.
http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=37186000248

Address for Google Maps:
706 Riverside Lane
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401

that's a relatively new street, and I'm pretty sure google doesn't have it. So Use this one.

140 Hackberry Lane
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401

which is Rose Towers, right across the street, when you get there, just give me a call 205-422-0916 and I can help you out.

For those that are coming from out of town, this map might help. The address is listed in the event info for Google Maps purposes, but really all you need to do is go I-20 West if your coming from/through GA/B'ham, or I-20 East if you're coming from/through Mississppi. and get off on Exit 73/Mcfarland Blvd--turn right (if you're coming from b'ham---left if you're coming from Mississippi) onto Mcfarland, and go straight for a mile or two, until you reach the Jack Warner Pkwy Exit. (you will pass the University Blvd and Campus Dr. exits)...the Jack Warner exit is a deep curve that splits into two, you want to take the curve on the right-hand side...then you will be at the upper-right hand area of the map I've provided above. Follow the purple line. Turn onto hackberry lane, it is at a stop light.. After that take the first left, you will see Rose Towers to your left (building 204 on the map). Riverside is to your right...and the building the tournament is being held at (the yellow dot with the black X/building 141) is behind the building that you initially see on the right when you turn in. The purple circles are the ideal parking places. On weekends, you won't get ticketed unless you park in a spot that isn't a real parking spot (like in the grass), or in a handicapped spot. Also avoid faculty (green) spots, i'm not sure if they ticket you for parking there, but to be on the safe side, try to avoid them. Use the map to find the building, if you need help, call me (Kevin) at 205-422-0916

Registration begins at 11 A.M. and the tournament begins at 12 P.M. CENTRAL TIME and is slated to end at 11 P.M. I will probably be there around 10 A.M., so feel free to show up early and get some practice in.

Events: Brawl Doubles (Double Elimination Bracket), followed by Brawl Singles Pools (if there is enough people), followed by Brawl Singles Bracket (Double Elimination)

Sorry, I've decided to do away with the discounts for bringing a set up, as it is a pain to keep up with. But please please bring set ups anyway.

Entrance fee for all tournaments : $10 for singles, and $10 per person for doubles.
Meaning if you want to enter both brawl Doubles and brawl singles, you will need $20

PRIZES :
Singles: 1st 60%, 2nd 25%, 3rd 15% of the prize pool.
Doubles: 1st 60%, 2nd 25%, 3rd 15% of the prize pool.
To clarify, this means that if 50 people enter singles (and there is a $10 dollar entry fee) there will be a $500 prize pool (50*$10) which means first place would get $300 (60% of the original $500)

BRAWL RULES:
3 STOCKS
7 MINUTE TIME LIMIT
ALL ITEMS OFF, EVEN SMASHBALLS.

Neutral Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Smashville

Banned Stages (notable/uncommon bans are in capital letters. I have used my discretion as a TO to ban certain stages that, while usually available in other tournaments, I believe are unsuitable): Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Corneria, GREEN GREENS, Mushroomy Kingdom [Overworld/Underworld], 75m, Rumble Falls, Bridge of Eldin, Wario Ware, Distant Planet, New Pork City, PIRATE SHIP, Skyworld, Temple, YOSHI'S ISLAND (Pipes), Onett, Spear Pillar, Mario Bros., MARIO CIRCUIT, Flat Zone 2, The Summit, Big Blue, POKEMON STADIUM 2, Port Town Aero Drive, Shadow Moses Island, LUIGI'S MANSION

Every other stage is available as a counterpick.

Additional Info:
BRING. YOUR. OWN. CONTROLLER. I will not provide ANY controllers whatsoever. It's up to you to find one to use. We will not wait all day for you to find one, either.)
You may use any controller you like (wiimote, wii/chuck/gamecube/classic). Please note, however, if you have any controller issues whatsoever, you either find a new controller in 5 minutes or less or forfeit your match. you may map your controls anyway you like.

Money matches, friendlies, etc. will be happening whenever one can be squeezed in. However, please do not slow down the pace of the tourney due to friendlies, if you are asked to relinquish your TV for a tourney match, please do so. If you are doing a money match, you may finish it (but please, be smart about the timing and choice of when), but friendly matches will forfeit if a tourney or money match needs the setup. This isn't being rude, just common sense. Match tier list is: tourney > money > friendly. Respect the tier!

In the case of a Wii/TV malfunction, if the players can't agree on a solution, this is the official ruling: if any rounds have been completed, they will be kept, but the match during which there was a malfunction will be started completely over, although characters and stages must be the same. But if the two players can agree to something reasonable, that's fine.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final. I will designate the tournament officials at the event.

Don't do dumb **** like any sort of freeze glitch, and stalling the match is banned. Its easy to see if someone is stalling, note: camping is not stalling.

The only controller mod allowed is the removal of the springs in your L and/or R triggers. Every other control mod is banned, and you will be DQ'd if caught using one. Mods that are purely cosmetic/aesthetic are allowed, such as paintjobs/lights. Turbo buttons are banned. You may use controllers that have this function, but you are not allowed to use the turbo. If you're caught you'll be DQ'd yadda yadda.

Again, BRING SET UPS. Even if you can't bring a full set up, BRING SOMETHING, whether it is a TV, a console or a game, or a surge protector.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
i'm going to do up some flyers like last time. i think one of the problems last time was not enough local advertising.

3GOD

Smash Ace
I am definitely bringing 3 other people (unless they bail for some reason), and I'll also be bringing a setup.

Skybent

Smash Cadet
does anyone know how far tuscaloosa is from montgomery?
if it's not SO far away i want to come.
No one really knows me on these boards haha buuutttttttt... I wanna start going to tourneys more often. I only went to one vulcan tourney over summer. and did decent. and want to improve more.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Alright, Nes noob is coming! Now we can put WWII countries in place of star fox 64 characters again.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Everyone else should be. I want to be, now. Show me that Alabama Smash isn't as flaky as Georgia is known to be.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Everyone else should be. I want to be, now. Show me that Alabama Smash isn't as flaky as Georgia is known to be.
Oh, how I wish I could prove likewise. :laugh:

A good chunk of Huntsvillians are going to a Girl Talk concert, so I'll see about pooling with the rest of them if I can. Ness vs. PT gogogo

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
thats nine plus me, duchock, nesnoob, munkus, possibly phantom + proto

now if some locals come on top of that, that would be a decent tournament

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
Operation "FLYER ARMAGEDDON" is getting off to a good start. So far, I've infected RCWest with RCEast being dealt with as we speak. Three flyers remain with Burke being my prime victim.

munkus beaver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-4510-9772
One of the guys I talked to can't make it, because he's headed home that weekend, but he said he'd tell his friends who smash about it.

Majist

Smash Journeyman
dang, i hope i can make this. I already know I'm going to come up short for my next bills, the last of which gets paid ON THE 8TH lol.

Maybe I can borrow some money from my ex-/kinda my girlfriend. Or mom. I need another job:cry:

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
Middle TN will be coming to this. I will be Teaming with NES Noob. im gonna try to bring atleast 3 with me. and ill talk to more.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Anyone bringing recording equipment?

And Majist, you're riding with me 'n Andy, right?

Majist

Smash Journeyman
^^Don't tell me you've got a sinus infection. It's been going around. I'm still getting over it.

Guys, I'm in need of a partner for teams. Any takers? I'm good! :D

...guys?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I may actually come to this. I just happen to have a math tournament across the street that ends as soon as the tourny begins. =D

Top Bottom