• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turing Test Mafia 2: FML v Xastrn. FML wins

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Well, this has been riveting. Deadline's tomorrow. I think Dastrn and I are pretty close to a consensus on what to do. If you guys are going to shoot us, you might want to do it before the deadline expires.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Xastrn we aren't satisfied with you still. We each write a case for the other stating why we should be seen as town. If we're both satisfied we nl. If one of us isn't we shoot. This is the last olive branch I'll extend you since you're very clearly stalling or just inept since we've done all the conceivable work while you've Sat on your hands. It's a 50 / 50 like it or not and this is the best and only idea worth doing.

Maven89

Smash Master
Deadline is up, No lynch occured

FML, Indy Replicant, has met his condition of reaching a no-lynch. Rake/Orbo Win

Xastrn,
Human, was 8 hours too late. Xatres/Dastrn lose

Mod notes: I don't think we should do another 1v1. I was curious with the previous game, and thought it might have been interesting if there was more activity. As it is, I'm not sure what else to say. Everyone did great, there just doesn't seem to be enough to talk about. If anyone has an idea to improve on the settup, go for it.

Last edited:

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
****, I mixed up the deadline and thought it was today like the other game I'm in.

Sorry.

We were convinced you were replicant. We just wanted to keep it rolling to the last day as an experiment to see if we could learn anything for future games.

Not sure if Xatres made the same mistake I did and missed the deadline on accident or changed his mind and didn't tell me or what. We didn't talk yesterday.

FML, what ideas do you guys have about how this game could be improved? Is it a flawed concept from the start, or is there something you think could be done?

If you were town, how would you have played differently?

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
I just feel like in a setup like this woth nothing to go off of, getting the ball rolling is really hard. I liked dastrns attenpts to do it in the last game but i honestly dunno how to gun this one

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
To be honest, and without any intention of puffing myself up, I correctly assessed my opponent in both games. In the first game, I was frustrated with TSYK's lack of activity enough that I decided that I was going to play to guarantee his lose condition was met no matter what, rather than play the odds on my own win condition and let the no-lynch happen. I knew he was town, and just killed him anyways in spite.
In this game, I was confident you were scum, and just plain ****ed up the timing of the shot. My own dumb fault on that.

But in both games, I sorted it out. I suppose I want to see what it's like to watch a TvT with two active and engaged players, and TvS with two active and engaged players, from the outside looking in, to see what emerges. I think the game has some merit, but I'm not sure it's complete yet, as relative inactivity is simple and easy enough to keep the game from ever turning into something serious.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
****, I mixed up the deadline and thought it was today like the other game I'm in.

Not sure if Xatres made the same mistake I did and missed the deadline on accident or changed his mind and didn't tell me or what. We didn't talk yesterday.
Pretty much this. I was ready to shoot, but figured it could wait til the next day... Whoops.

I'm out to dinner with our folks and my fiance. Full thoughts later.

Maven89

Smash Master
From my own observance, the problem is the Replicant has little to do. He can only bluff that he'll shoot so much, and when there's nothing else to focus on it can become pretty clear he can't follow through. It limits any sort of play he can make, because a single mistake could doom it

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
I was semi watching this game, being confused sometime (hydras are confusing), and I can agree with Maven.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Rake and i usually purposely try to not mention who is posting unless its relevant to whats being asked of us vs xast always oosting in colors

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
From my own observance, the problem is the Replicant has little to do. He can only bluff that he'll shoot so much, and when there's nothing else to focus on it can become pretty clear he can't follow through. It limits any sort of play he can make, because a single mistake could doom it
This is definitely an issue with this particular 1v1 setup. It doesn't encourage confrontation / proactive play. At the same time though, Dastrn and I both independently solved the game early on, but let out own curiousity (and then apathy/busyness) get the better of us. And Dastrn had the first game with TSYK solved as well, and only shot out of frustration. So I think the setup is viable, especially if players learned it as well as they do group games.

That being said, the next 1v1 I have in mind will be a bit different. I'm still mulling over the mechanics, but I hope it will encourage the players to be more confrontational with each other. I'm also going to consider cutting the deadline down to 3-5 days, rather than 7.

For NOW, however, I'm going to focus on starting the mini game for the newbies. Then we'll see if anyone's interested in trying out a different 1v1 setup.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
I know someone had mentioned that we might never do this again, but if on the off chance that we do, I'd like to /in for it.

Maven89

Smash Master
If Xatres comes back with his 1v1 setup I'll let him do it, but I'll try to think of a 1v1 setup for you guys and get it going in a day or something

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
As I said in the other thread, I can't be active til mid-June due to my wedding/honeymoon coming up.

Top Bottom