• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turing Test Mafia 2: FML v Xastrn. FML wins

Maven89

Smash Master
(I stole all this from Xastrn's thread)

Welcome to Turing Test Mafia.

Two people wake up in a small room. Inside are a table, two chairs, and pistol with a single shot. There does not appear to be a doorway of any kind. As the two people begin to question why they are here, a voice suddenly sounds over unseen loudspeakers.

"Welcome friends," the voice says. "I have invited you here for a little test. One of the people in this room is suspected of being a replicant. These foul robots imitate human life in almost every way. One day, my organization fears they will supplant us. We MUST assess their ability to mimic human life."

As the man speaks, the two people look at each other in wide-eyed disbelief.

"Therefore," the voice continues. "We have devised this simple test. If the human in the room can correctly identify the replicant, he must pick up the gun and shoot it. Guess right, and you will go free. Guess wrong, and, well… You'll have either committed murder or let a dangerous usurper escape into the world.

"I suggest you choose wisely."

This is an open setup game, designed for 2 players, with the following randomly assigned scenarios:

1 Town One-Shot Day-Vig
1 Indy Pacifist

-or-

2 Town One-Shot Day-Vigs

Helpful Links:
Newbie's Guide to Mafia | Basic Rules of Mafia

Fundamental Rules:
  • Please enjoy this game and do not act in a manner that would make the game unenjoyable for others. This includes personal attacks.
  • The Game Moderator is Xatres and all official information and rulings will come directly from the Game Moderator.
  • Editing your posts is not allowed; multi-posting is fine and is encouraged in place of editing.
  • Unless your role specifically states otherwise, or you have initiated a mechanic that allows an exception, you may not converse with any other players outside the thread, dead or alive.
  • Do not quote role PMs or any other form of communication with the Game Moderator. You may paraphrase your role PM as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words! Posting your Role PM or any form of mod communication will result in an immediate modkill. If you are concerned about how to adhere to this rule, contact the Game Moderator.
  • The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Collapse/Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  • Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
Activity and Deadlines

• This is a short, fast-paced game. Therefore, in an effort to make the game enjoyable for players and spectators alike, you are required to post every 24 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be replaced without warning.
  • In the event that I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the replacement player.
  • The Day phase will last approximately 7 days, unless cut short by a kill.
  • There is not Night phase.
Set-Up:

• This is an Open Set-up for 2 Players with all roles assigned at random.
  • This game is a Full Reveal game, meaning that upon death, role/alignment information about the player is revealed.
  • I confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.
Game Specific Rules and Information:
  • The game ends when either one player shoots the other or when both players vote No Lynch.
  • If the human successfully shoots the replicant, the human wins.
  • If the human shoots another human, both humans lose.
  • If both players vote No Lynch and both are human, both players win.
  • If both players vote No Lynch and one of them is a replicant, the replicant wins.
Human

You are Human, a One-Shot Day-Vig.

Abilities
Day Kill: At any point in the game, if you become convinced that your opponent is a replicant, you make the public command "Day Kill: [Player Name]". The player will die and the game will end. If you guessed correctly, you win. If you guessed wrong, you both lose.

Restrictions
None

Win Conditions
You win when you have correctly identified if your opponent is a replicant and acted accordingly.
Replicant

You are The Replicant, an Indy Pacifist.

Abilities
As an artificial lifeform, you are programmed not to harm human beings. Therefore, you are only capable for voting for a No Lynch.

Restrictions
None

Win Conditions
You win when you have successfully convinced your opponent to vote No Lynch.
1. FML (Reserved
2. Strn Bros (Reserved)

REPLACEMENTS
1. Ranmaru
2. Open
3. Open
4. Open

Orboknown Orboknown @Dastrn Xatres Xatres and I don't remember what Rake's name is so I can't tag him, but someone do so!

I also thought Xatres was named Xastrn until I tried to tag him

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Role PMs, I guess.

Maven89 Maven89 - When you randomize the roles, I suggest rolling for three options: TvT, TvS, SvT... It makes it so that if you get a town PM, there's a 50/50 chance of your opponent being scum.

I thought about doing one flip for TvT or TvS, and other to decide who the scum was, but that puts a higher percentage chance of the other player being town if you yourself are town.

Maven89

Smash Master
Role PMs are out, check your hyrda accounts Xatres Xatres @Dastrn @Shun Goku Satsu Rake Orboknown Orboknown

I don't feel we need a confirmation period, so I'll just start the game right now. However, I won't factor today into the deadline, since it's pretty late in the day. The deadline is a week from tomorrow. Good luck gentlemen

DAY BEGINS

Deadline 3/7 at 11:59 CT

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Insofar as I can remember, I'll be posting in orange. (I suppose you know which head of the hydra this is already, but in case you don't, this is Dastrn.)
Xatres often posts in an effeminate blue-ish color to appear as innocuous as possible before shredding people in whatever Smash game is current, or (as in the case of D-Games) destroying people with +5 logic and -10 charisma....which, now that I think about it, sounds more like a robit and less like a human. You'll have to read us both a little bit to realize we're both players who play with a lot of mechanics and and stats to help fuel our reads, so that should be viewed as a null-tell.

As an example:
100% of beings made of "FullMetal" as your name suggests, are robits and not humans, who have squishy parts. That would nudge me in the direction of thinking you might be a robit.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
I'm not sure if you knew i was joking.... lol
Oh, yeah, I wasn't responding to your comment. Just making a joke about why Xatres chooses a color that feels so harmless, while referencing his sig which states that his mafia stats are +5 logic and -10 charisma.
Then, I made a joke about your name implying you might be a robot, as if it was selected based on the alignment you would one day get in this thread. Also, I mixed in Dr. Zoidberg's pronunciation "robit" because Futurama is the ****. (\/){;,;}(\/)

Maven89

Smash Master
This game isn't about smash brothers, this is an internet forum debate type game taking place between a few people. You are too late to join this one, but you can check out the mini-mafia queue if you're interested in joining a later one. As the game is on going, however, I have to ask that you don't post in this thread anymore, as it should only be for the players and the mod.

FullMetalLynch

anomandaris_rake|orboknown
Rake wants to say stuff but swf is being ******** and i was busy all day.

FullMetalLynch

Honestly i just think that we should both kill ourselves Xastrn, the only killing rule is that the synth can't harm humans. There's nothing about a situation where both humans just shoot themselves and logically we still win the game that way.

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
You are Human, a One-Shot Day-Vig.

Abilities
Day Kill: At any point in the game, if you become convinced that your opponent is a replicant, you make the public command "Day Kill: [Player Name]". The player will die and the game will end. If you guessed correctly, you win. If you guessed wrong, you both lose.

This is copy-paste from the OP (which also names Xatres as the mod, btw...kinda nice to have the mod in your hydra! ;)

Yeah that doesn't sound attractive. I only shoot if I guess you're a robit, and if I shoot myself and you're not a robit, then we both lose. I'd only win if you were a robit, and in that case, I'd rather shoot you. No offense. I'm just an American and we are obsessed with large guns to prove our manliness or some ****.

Also, if you're a robit, you can't shoot anyways.

FullMetalLynch

I mean its not a wrong guess, but i already asked maven and he's being a butt and he pointed out the same thing you did

FullMetalLynch

The one thing I don't get is how this isn't essentially a mexican standoff. I have no way to know you are town and you have no way to know I am. It's really a interesting thought that at this point I might just be better off to shoot you and risk losing, I mean it's no more of a 50/0 than anything else

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Well, I suppose the point of the game is to be better than 50-50 at it, which means some meat needs to be gleaned from something. No flips, no alliances, no PRs. So our traditional stuff is all out.

What can you think of that would help us determine the other player's role?

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
To be honest, I started the first 1v1 game out of a desire to find out exactly how such a game would be played. I didn't come in with any notions of HOW the players would solve the problem. I just wanted to sit back and see what happened.

I can't speak as a true spectator to the first game, but my impression was that it was pretty easy to tell both players were town. Dastrn had it figured out, but just wanted TSYK to do SOMETHING intentional to prove it. It may have just been the newb factor, or it may be that the TvT games are naturally easy.

I think the first thing to ask is:

FullMetalLynch FullMetalLynch , are you a replicant?

FullMetalLynch

Uh, nothing offhand. Granted i havent thrown that much brain into it but it just seems like a whole lot of feeling out wothout much to process

FullMetalLynch

I figured wed work something out as it goes between the two of us but we havent been able to talk much about this, i kinda like the way youve done this but thats not a whole lot considering theres like 10 content posts or so between us

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
i kinda like the way youve done this but thats not a whole lot considering theres like 10 content posts or so between us
You must have found 10 posts we made, then. Because you haven't posted any content other than "Lets shoot ourselves" and "i don't see how this isn't a mexican standoff."

Why are you so hesitant to participate? You are good players. You are good at solving things. I'm surprised to see such lack of effort from good players.

FullMetalLynch

I (Rake ) am working on an idea but really you guys are in the same boat as us. At least i tried to get the ball rolling, really from my pov you guys are the ones sitting on your hands. I'll admit my own little test with the suicide pact didnt exactly do as much as i'd hope for reactions. I thought you'd be more outraged or confused.

FullMetalLynch

But i also really kinda thought that might be a thing because i don't read carefully. The real heartbreak

FullMetalLynch

Really at the end of the day it makes the most sense we just work together on a solution because at the end of the day me taking your ideas on faith is just as dangerous as shooting you. I think that's the idea, if there are two townies they just work it out till they both agree that the other is trust worthy enough to trust the gut on the 50/50 of the game

Top Bottom