• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tupeloopa Koopa Troopas present The First ever Second Mississippi Smash Tournament

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok Mookie Would you or any other ppl up there be willing to come and pick me and possibly 2 atleast one friend of mine up from the train station in Tupelo (or very near) maybe even three Cursed Yoma Might be able to come with me from the Biloxi Train station to tupelo. I am currently looking at train rates and I see some that goto Tupelo(or very near). This would be much easier for me and another friend?

plz

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
='{ Noooooo..... My soucres say that Memphis Which Is the best option it like 1 hour and 20 minutes from Tupelo. JcPwn....plz Ill pay for gas. Chances are it will be me and one maybe two or thre friends...

If there is any body coming from the general direction of memphis tell me Im tryin to find a way to this tourny. ... *sobs*.

jcpwn

Smash Journeyman
why not try a bus? greyhound runs to tupelo, and i know where the station is for that.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
perhapes I could for me and my friend it would cost us roughly 150 a piece round trip. I need to know how long this will last, If lodging will be taken care of, and how much food will cost. I have never been to a tourny before So I don't really know these things sorry.
even some ballpark info would be helpfull thanks

The_Brownguy

Smash Ace
yo varuna. Minus your traveling fee. I would take anywhere between 100-150 bucks. Say for all your melee entry fees/money matches 50 bucks. Food will be another 50. And the extra 50 if it were up to me would be for a ****** stripper that you can sneak into the tourney in your duffle bag.

Twiggy

Smash Lord
And the extra 50 if it were up to me would be for a ****** stripper that you can sneak into the tourney in your duffle bag.
those tricksters won't get away with that again.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
And as for how long it last? and how lodging will be done?

jcpwn

Smash Journeyman
depends. twig and his crew have downs on my house. if you don't mind sleeping on a floor with some blankets or something, then i can house you for 2-3 nights.

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
No I don't really care where I sleep as long as I have a place to sleep. Will there be any time that we are sure of how long the tourny will last, I want to book the bus ride in advance so I won't have to go through anything dumb later on

The_Brownguy

Smash Ace
awesome JC but to my dismay twig has already called your bed with you in it. Yeroc was even sadder to hear this than i was.

jcpwn

Smash Journeyman
twig, good call on the bed.
sorry dudes, there'll be plenty of me for everyone.

varuna, this should be a one day event, try to come in the day before and leave the day after. you and your dudes can stay at my place.

Twiggy

Smash Lord
my Marth went SS2 on Josh today... the Red Marth seems to work best for me, in tough situations.

He said "ok, last match... I gotta go"
So I 3 stocked him...

Pindarus

Smash Rookie
Hey.
You could say that I live next door to Varuna. I want to go, and I'm gonna try to bump a ride with him. I'm not sure though, I was planning to actually try to save up some money this summer.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
hm..Mississippi, my neighbor ;)
perhaps me and my crew of Louisiana can pay a visit to this.
My b-day is also very close to this (July 11th) perhaps that'll score me extra points in making this.

edit: bleh...mapquest says its 7 hours from me <__<
I was so hoping it was closer...this is technically even further than MLG from me...and its too late to make that one for me.

oh well..i've got PLENTY time..so i'll give this one a shot

jcpwn

Smash Journeyman
bring it on LA. it'd be good to get even more OOS players.

everyone come, and bring your buds. we'll smash it up.

me and twig will low tier team mm some dudes. we'll both be ylink, and we'll own. period.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Muahah, don't forget Team International Bottom Tier! M2 + Pichu = massive destruction :-P.
...well... sometimes it does *shrug*...

Andy and I aren't gonna let that get to us though XD.

Twiggy

Smash Lord
Originally posted by jcpwn
bring it on LA. it'd be good to get even more OOS players.

everyone come, and bring your buds. we'll smash it up.

me and twig will low tier team mm some dudes. we'll both be ylink, and we'll own. period.
We will??? *cough* i mean... yeah we will!

Stop being a bunch of wusses and fight us.

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
hm.. been a while since i've been here..

i told soeone to post a joke about me being the best ganon player..

but the idiot didn't do it <_<

so anyways, hm.. i still haven't found out 100% if i will be able to make it yet or not :(

Alucard258

Smash Journeyman
Cursed Yoma thinks that he is the best Ganon player and that he can pwn everyone. >_>

Im gonna try to come to this. The main thing that is preventing me right now is that i need a ride.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
W00. I need more Ganon exp. Come to the tourny and we can fight it out lotz. I hope you come too Alucard, I want M2 dittos!!!

I am gonna make it official:

Due to the vast majority of players quitting smash I have decided that I will now main only M2 and focus on improving my M2 game. I will play any of my previous characters in friendlies though. If anything I will reserve Roy for matches against fox players.

In essence, I don't care about my performance anymore. I just want to have a good time. I never was anything really special before, and being good with M2 is something very few people have done (or wanted to for that matter O_o). People like to play against someone who uses such an obscure character, and I enjoy my matches.

Not much else, I need to go ahead and make a real flyer for the tourny. I might use some Blackula related stuff and some other random nonsense. I will prolly talk to Anden as well and throw him in the flyer.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Sorry for the double post but this is kinda important. I have devised a list of the people who have expressed interest in the tourny and information about their likelyhood of showing up. We need more peepz!!!!

Symbols key
@ = expressed interest in tourny
* = possible attendents
/ = will come but probably not participate outside of friendlies
! = Honorary members of the Tupeloopa's
& = Will come if requirements are met
^ = We have a trick that might get them to come :-P.

Tupeloopa's

MookieRah
JCPwn
ChrisD
Armada (NickD)
*PwnZone
Sonny Hare
/*Kris Robinson
Andy
Tallyman
/*Chris Ivancic
*The other Sonny
/DustinD
/Kristyn
/Lauryn
*Melissa
*Ack, Melissa's and Andy's friend. I can't remember her name >_<

MS Dudes
@Austin the Smasher + friends
@Cursed Yoma
@Varuna
@Pindarus

Alabama Dudes
!CAHPhoenix
!Thief/Thef
*Thief's Bro
*Thief's brothers friend
*Tuscaloosa dudes??
@mslano

NC Guys
*!Twiggy
*Sober
*!Josh
*The_Brownguy

Texas Guys
@Alucard
@JesusFreak
@Dr.Drew
@Gore
@DarknessofHeart
@Fluffy
@Neveah
@Kenshin
@kciD

MD/DC Pwners
&Oro
&Husband
&Wife

Other OOS
@Cyphus and Crew
!^Isai
!MikeG
*!Anden

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Ah well i debated about doing that or not, mainly cause you had your own crew and all, but yeah you definitely qualify for it :-P.

*changes*

kciD

Smash Journeyman
Over a 5 hour drive...but I might come, depending on my money situation. If anyone from Texas is comming through Texarkana and they'd pick me up I'd go for sure! =P

mslano

Smash Journeyman
I saw on the list that I'm listed on there as being from MS. Actually, I live in Birmingham and was wondering how long the drive is.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Sorry about that Mslano, I will change that. *changes*

@kciD the more the merrier. I remember Texarkana, we stayed there a night because Tallyman's mom didn't want him to drive the entire distance in one day. I hope you get to come!

Varuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
beginning to work on falcon skills and loosing what little falco skills I have. Any way almost for sure If I come up there I will have one friend (good Ylink and starting on pika) with me and I will probly take a grey hound. I have looked at the rates and there is a bus scheduled for when I want to go the only question is whether or not I can save up enough money by then. I should be changed to *

jcpwn are you still up to picking me up at the bus station.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I got some new sweet vids up.

Zarelid and Dr. DrewtheDragon say it's the best M2 they have seen outside of Mikael.

I don't think I am quite deserving of that title, but anyways

Check it outz:
M2 goodness

jcpwn

Smash Journeyman
i don't wear shoes.
and i live in one pair of overalls.

you think if i talk smack about a bunch of crews they'll come to play me?

everyone sucks at melee except me. (i think that covers about all of them)

Top Bottom