• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tuesday Night Fights - Tampa, FL

Aircraftkiller

Smash Cadet
I'm new around here, but I noticed there's a lot of Tampa players and I'd like to invite everyone nearby to our Art Institute of Tampa fights. We're mostly players from AI but would like to expand to include players from outside the college, definitely looking for some skill to join us. :)

If you're interested, we usually meet at the Grande Oasis condo community or at the Arbour Ponds apartment complex. Attendance is generally at least three people, but we'd like to make it a constant five to ten per week. There's no fee to join us, it's mostly for practice; might look into making it a tournament with prizes to be won that we all contribute for.

Call 407-446-4197 for details - ask for Jonathan.

Scarface

Smash Apprentice
Yo, that sounds pretty neat. I am always interested in playing some new people in smash.

For pure enjoyment really, I am not that big into competitions.

Aircraftkiller

Smash Cadet
Bol: If you're ever in Tampa, head our way! I'm originally from Orlando but I have to stay in Tampa for art college. ****ing hate it here. :/

Scarface: If you want to meet up, let me know...

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Me and Scar were gonna smash tomorrow but neither of us can really have people over at their place. Think your friend Ben would be up for some smash? We'd have enough for teams then. :)

Scarface

Smash Apprentice
Friday is good for me, but I think Suki is going to be in Orlando.

I can always bring my friend along. He is the only other person I play smash with in town anyways.

My AIM is MajinRadShadow

Hit me up sometime so we can plan something out.

=)

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Well, I have a meeting at work at 7:00pm so I'll have to stay in town for at least that long. I could come over once I get out of it though.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Well, I moved the meeting to Monday night instead so that I could leave town Friday. Rohins has stuff to do in Orlando though so we'll be leaving early tomorrow. Like around 2:00. So looks like I'll be gone after all.

Good luck meeting up though, and let us know when another get together occurs.

Aircraftkiller

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry you won't be around, Mank, but I'm hoping we'll get a good punishment out of Scarface :) Do you live in Tampa generally (I know you said you attend USF, but still) or do you shuffle around the state a lot?

Also, Scarface, do you have transportation or shall I pick you up tomorrow?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
Actually, I don't even attend USF. I just live on campus there. It's a bit complicated...

But yeah, I stay in Tampa permanently for the most part. I'm originally from Jacksonville, and I went to college in Pensacola, then I moved here. Been here for about a year, and will be for at least another. Not sure where I'll end up next summer though.

Aircraftkiller

Smash Cadet
I'll get you directions tomorrow after I get off. I'm stuck working the University Mall until Saturday, when I go back to my regular RadioShack store. At any rate I'll buzz you later on, and be sure to bring a controller because I don't want to bring four of them AND bring the Cube too! :)

Mank: That's okay, so long as you're headed back here. I'm looking forward to meeting up with ya. Let me know what time and day we can get some matches in.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'm going to be out of town for like all of next week, but you guys should try to get up with Rohins.

BattleJesus

Smash Cadet
hey i live in Tampa in both the carollwood area and around university mall.
i'm tired of always playing the same few people and want to see how i compare with other people lol

you up for some friendly games?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
harriettheguy is in Odesa which is about 15/20 minutes north of Tampa but still kind of in it...

I live on campus at USF, so I'm pretty close to the University Mall as well. There's some other USF smashers that will be comming back once the fall semester starts.

Basically everyone else lives up & down Dale Mabry, with the majority of them being where it intersects Waters.

Nearest tournament scene is the Twilight Showdown series which takes place in Brandon, about 20 minutes east of Tampa. The next one is scheduled for July 28th.

BattleJesus

Smash Cadet
alright w00t!
i've never been in a real competitive tournament and outside of close friends, i've never played ANYONE lol.

so i'm looking forward to playing against some better players, especially those who can help me improve. so anyone up to plan a day for matches hit me up, my aim is also Tsaxmanifesto

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I just bought a used TV for $20. It's bigger than my old TV (27 vs 19 inch) and has a bunch of various video/audio input & output.

Score.

Aircraftkiller

Smash Cadet
It's usually just one. I'm sure Ben would love a bigger TV though, but my condo doesn't have room for a 27 inch because the TV stand we have can only fit a smaller size

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I'm interested in this my only problem is my buddy Lime might want to drive all the way out there and I don't want to ask anyone to go out of there way to pick me up so yeah

Scarface

Smash Apprentice
I met with Mr. Aircraft and it was fun, you all should try to go as well.

I'm down......whenever I am in town that is.

(lousy job always has me on the go.)

=P

Aircraftkiller

Smash Cadet
I'm off Himes Avenue, 33614; it's probably a good half hour from Brandon. Do you have your own transportation? I'm not interested in picking anyone up, one Ben's enough for my car to handle :)

Aircraftkiller

Smash Cadet
I can't, I work Saturdays. Most people have Tuesday nights free (and for some reason I don't really see myself spending social time on a Saturday playing smash haha :) ) which is why I try to hold the matches then

Top Bottom