• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trying to Find a good Meta Knight Counter

ChocoboDX

Smash Cadet
Ugh. Just stick with your main and attempt to overcome your current predicament. Heck, figure out some ground-breaking new strategy to fight Meta Knight while you're at it. That'd be useful.

Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure it will be a good choice. Right? RIGHT!?!

Santi

Smash Lord
Ugh. Just stick with your main and attempt to overcome your current predicament. Heck, figure out some ground-breaking new strategy to fight Meta Knight while you're at it. That'd be useful.

Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure it will be a good choice. Right? RIGHT!?!
I stuck with it with TL. But its just tough when you get ***** so hard everymatch.

But it does get easier after a while after you learn from just trial and error trial and error.

ChocoboDX

Smash Cadet
I stuck with it with TL. But its just tough when you get ***** so hard everymatch.

But it does get easier after a while after you learn from just trial and error trial and error.
I'm glad that it's at least getting easier for you. Trust me, I know what it feels like to get destroyed time after time. What feels good, though, is when you slowly start beating them with the character you stuck it out with until you are par with them ;)

A winner is you!

samdaballer

Smash Ace
I picked up Dedede in a desperate attempt to counter Metaknight. It's worked well so far =]

Plenty of high-priority attacks to keep MK at bay, lots of range, he's heavy and takes a long time to die, great recovery and ridiculous grab range.

Oh and utilt kills Meta at like 90%

EDIT: I'm not saying D3 is a Meta counter, it's just easier to fight Meta with D3 than most other characters imo
actually mk is a d3 counter, I would recommend snake or falco

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Ugh. Just stick with your main and attempt to overcome your current predicament...
Wario vs Metaknight? no thanks. I've been ******** by enough metaknights to know Wario doesn't work for me :laugh:

actually mk is a d3 counter, I would recommend snake or falco
I've already played the D3 vs MK matchup so much that I enjoy it and am very comfortable with it. I don't think I could do better vs him with another character.

TKD

Smash Lord
I just pick my main against it and try to do my best. Then if I lose, I **** him with Fox. Comboes and 80% usmash FTW!!!

EDIT: Yeah, I kinda tried to sound stupid. But LOL I really do that

PD: Yes, MK's edgeguard does destroy Fox. But besides that they're even. It's a very quick match with you dealing 80% damage against him gimp KO'ing. If you can't handle MK with Fox, you're probably messing up your airdodge play.

Top Bottom