• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Try and sell me on Corrin

Mechaglacier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
purespade
Why should we try to hype you up if you're not I mean you can just not buy corrin to solve the problem

Otherwise, I actually am excited for corrin seeing how during this game's whole lifespan I've had trouble finding a main coming from PM (Project Mayo) Sakurai was close on the dot for me with cloud but the no snap recovery (except when close enough) Isn't something I really favor but again, none of the DLC characters are being shoved down your throat so you can simply not buy him if you wish

C. Karnage

Smash Rookie
it looks like he/she just uses a sword for his tilts, every thing else is the character using dragon vein

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
Cause I'm hyped for the game and his moveset looks really fun. I mean even liking his moveset is simple enough. No matter what character they add to smash their will always be people hyped for it and thats the important part.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Corrin really seems like some dA level bad OC to me.
I mean...

-Sword that is a chainsaw and also on fire.
-Had dragon blood and can transform into a dragon at will.
-Probably half-dragon, idk.
-"Ideal" body type.
-White hair.

And this is supposed to be played straight? This seems more like something you'd use for the sake of parody.

Zard lover Doom Desire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
N1ntendogam1ng
I mean...

-"Ideal" body type.
-White hair.

And this is supposed to be played straight? This seems more like something you'd use for the sake of parody.
Fire?

Mechaglacier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
purespade
I mean...

-"Ideal" body type.
-White hair.

same can be said for a lot of characters
:4cloud::4littlemac::4darkpit::4drmario::4greninja::4robinm::4lucario::4dedede:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Anyway, on a more serious note about Corrin's design, I think that the only "problem" is the sword Yato.

I mean, let's compare it to the other swords. FE wise, Falchion, Ragnell, and the Sword of Seals, despite it's fire effect, are pretty normal. Levin Sword is imbued with electricty, but it's fine.

The Master Sword and Buster Sword have basic (but recognizable looks, and Metaknight's sword only have a special shape.
The only other flashy sword is the Monado.

As stated, a chainsaw sword that is also always on fire is maybe a bit too much. But the chainsaw part also makes it a bit more original, gameplay wise.

Other than that, the hair are almost white, but also a bit blond, and having someone with dragonblood from FE is a good thing.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Anyway, on a more serious note about Corrin's design, I think that the only "problem" is the sword Yato.

I mean, let's compare it to the other swords. FE wise, Falchion, Ragnell, and the Sword of Seals, despite it's fire effect, are pretty normal. Levin Sword is imbued with electricty, but it's fine.

The Master Sword and Buster Sword have basic (but recognizable looks, and Metaknight's sword only have a special shape.
The only other flashy sword is the Monado.

As stated, a chainsaw sword that is also always on fire is maybe a bit too much. But the chainsaw part also makes it a bit more original, gameplay wise.

Other than that, the hair are almost white, but also a bit blond, and having someone with dragonblood from FE is a good thing.

I can agree on this.
I'm not one who is enamored with the overall aethetics of anime, but Corrins getup isn't a bad design. The sword is quite absurd though.

I'll be buying all characters either way, since I appreciate all the hard work the dev team put into the games. And who knows, maybe I'll like how Corn plays. Worst case scenario, there's a bit more variety of characters who can be my opponents.

Well I guess if we're not getting Isaac, then what's the matter with a different swordfighter with an equally cool ability?
I've already disowned 1 Fire Emblem DLC, I'd rather not do it again. 5 FE characters doesn't sound bad in the slightest.
I'll throw him/her in the lab, because almost all of her moves match my playstyle. I think he/she'll be high tier.

Last edited:

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
Defintly with the insane range and she seems more quick on her feet than expected

And considering she seems to have a nice ass FAIR and NAIR

Corrin is melee marth confirmed?

Also got ZSS stun gun but I dont think Corrin can fire it that quickly

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Defintly with the insane range and she seems more quick on her feet than expected

And considering she seems to have a nice *** FAIR and NAIR

Corrin is melee marth confirmed?

Also got ZSS stun gun but I dont think Corrin can fire it that quickly
Technically, it's faster than ZSS's.

Zard lover Doom Desire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
N1ntendogam1ng
I just wish Corrin had shoes, I don't care if there's a reason for being barefoot other than to show off the fact that FE characters have feet now, it's weird, and probably hurts too. They don't even have Frederick removing rocks from the paths anymore so I bet Corrin always steps on them and gets them dirty and probably hurts people with a foot fetish. They're royalty, they can afford shoes, just get some Jordan's.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Just tried out Corrin an hour ago from my sister's boyfriend's apartment, and I'm loving this guy already.

Straight up first impressions, but Corrin's looking like a better Marthcina. I'm also seeing people compare him/her to the likes of Melee/Brawl Marth, so (s)he can appeal to former Marth mains who won't even look at the Hero-King himself in his SSB4 state.

Corrin also has great recovery options with his b-air, dragon lunge and up B that can be angled. Overall, a gun character that I recommend downloading.

If you don't like the character, at least do it for the music. Seriously, Lost in Thoughts All Alone. I'm already in LOVE with that music. Sakurai or whoever has already done a GREAT job remixing that music.

Folt

Smash Ace
Lost in Thoughts All Alone is a song that owns and is cool and everyone should have that.

Corrin feels incredibly neato to play with. Thanks to him, I finally got the notice for killing 10 enemies in Cruel Smash. A character with a counter, a projectile, and INCREDIBLE reach equals a character that I don't need to spam counter with because I can outreach just about all of the Fighting Mii Team guys.

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
Have you ever had the weird desire to throw in Brawl Marth with moves featuring Diddy Kong and ZSS? Do you love when no one has any ****ing clue what you're going to do because everyone forgot your character was in the game?
Do you like mid-air grabs, a kick-ass Nair, and all the potential Robin had without the gimmicks?
Try Corrin, and if you start now, you can even pick your gender!

Top Bottom