• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Troublesome Bair

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
I am not here to rant or complain, I simply ask for some advise from GAW mains. I do not main GAW but I rather play against him, and have trouble. I have trouble particularly with his turtle, after playing several matches I am curious on how to punish this when I know its coming. If I shield, my shield gets eaten and GAW will just DI out of my range. If I spot dodge, I just get owned by the multi-hit attack, I cannot attack it, even with projectiles for it has unbelievable priority, so is the best option, rolling?
I'm not looking for an answer like "Go play samus and shoot him with your charge shot," because one tactic should not be impervious to most of the cast. There must be something to do against it, a universal tactic. Certain characters cannot be rendered useless by one attack, so there must be something that can be done, please, tell me.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
well if you know it is coming it is certainly possible to dash away and then punish the gw upon them landing on the ground (after the ground hitbox comes out). however a good gw will only use it when you can't they can't be punished by using it.

Noise

Smash Rookie
it is a great move. i would say roll or jump out of the way and punish when it goes away. if you cant get that pay attention to the hit box. the end of the move is stronger than the beginning, so if you do get hit you can still get out of it before it ends and have a free hit.

Neb

Smash Lord
Yeah, your best pick is to dash away, then punish the lag. The move is practically invincible from the front. But if you do roll to his backside, you may get hammered, or boxed.

Top Bottom