• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble with Rest

yoshmaster5

Smash Apprentice
I'm having trouble LANDING it, I know a lot of the combos to get into the postition, but I never can land it. espically against a falling opponent. any help? Please?

expletivedeleted

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I misunderstand your problem, but the only advice I can give is to play around with it in practice mode until you know exactly where the hitbox is.

Hong

The Strongest
15% of Purin's body, which is right in the center. That's where it must connect.

Practice on Bowser and work your way down to Pichu who is a relatively small target.

yoshmaster5

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by Lunadis
15% of Purin's body, which is right in the center. That's where it must connect.

Practice on Bowser and work your way down to Pichu who is a relatively small target.
Thanks. I was trying first against Kirby... O_O

AndenHellseenkee

Smash Journeyman
This is right up my alley...

I am known to be probably the best "rest" user out of everyone anywhere....not meaning to sound cocky...just want you to take my advice seriously. I highly recommend making sure you are in a position close enough to the opponent, that if you were both on the ground, you would move your opponent to the side. I can't give away all of my tips....but I also recommend putting yourself in the position where your opponent is going to be going within the next couple of seconds. When they get there....make them regret it ^_^

I'm always open for Jigglypuff advice... but remember I cannot give away all of my tips. AndenGold

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
I recall reading somewhere that said the rest hitbox is just slightly larger than a circle encompassing Jigglypuff's eyes, so try to use that as a rule of measure.

Top Bottom