• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble with mains

Stylish pQuesadilla

Smash Rookie
So I need help on getting a main for Smash 3ds. Any recommendations? Also, I am a noob. Here are some things I value as a player:

-Speed( as in no one super slow. I'm okay with moderate speed)
-Power
-Staying Safe
-At least mid to high tier

*That staying safe part can mean anything from spacing to combos to projectiles to actually playing defensive.
**I can't access DLC

Considering:Ness,Meta Knight,Rosalina &Luma, Kirby,Sonic,Toon Link,Pit and Yoshi

Last edited:

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Lucina or Marth are very well rounded, so maybe just keep them in mind. As for speed and power and safety, id try Cloud, but keep Diddy in mind.

But you should ultimately main whoever you feel Most comfortable and natural with

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
So I need help on getting a main for Smash 3ds. Any recommendations? Also, I am a noob. Here are some things I value as a player:

-Speed( as in no one super slow. I'm okay with moderate speed)
-Power
-Staying Safe
-At least mid to high tier

*That staying safe part can mean anything from spacing to combos to projectiles to actually playing defensive.
**I can't access DLC

Considering:Ness,Meta Knight,Rosalina &Luma, Kirby,Sonic,Toon Link,Pit and Yoshi
Robin oddly enough fits these criteria to an extent. Robin's gameplay is based primarily on being within mid range and using projectiles to get in and to keep enemies out. The Levin sword is not necessarily more powerful than hearvyweights but you can get some good knickknack from it. And he's a solid mid tier. But more importantly one reason I encourage you to try him out is that Robin strictly discourages spamming thanks to his limited use of specials and the Levin Sword.

But all in all just play someone you like and work from there.

CalamitySB

Smash Cadet
Play whoever you want, as basically every character can fit your criteria if played well. As long as you enjoy yourself and have fun, that's all that really matters. If you have to have a suggested character though, I would say more criteria would be nice.

Top Bottom