• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

trouble killing

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
when i play falco, it seems my only problem is killing. i can never connect with a strong attack. it always seems to get shielded and than i get hit. any suggestions?
in b4 your bad, and use mindgames

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Erm, shielding smashes is...normal. You'd have that trouble with any character. Attacking out of shield is good. And spikes work well because if they airdodge they still lose valuable recovery height.

HolySerpent

Smash Rookie
Can't really say anything cuz I don't know how you play, but I guess you should just chain your killing moves after a combo. Works for me.
Hell you could also just try charging your smash attack if you know they gonna shield. They gotta drop it sometime and you might break it if the shield is small enough.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
B-Air and U-Smash are your two best friends. U-Smash is one of Falco's fastest killing moves (with reasonable range. D-Smash is fast, but difficult to hit with) and B-Air is just awesome. But as always, it really depends on your playing style.

Every air-attack besides F-Air can kill someone. Every smash attack can kill someone. Even your Side-B can sometimes kill. You shouldn't have much of a problem stocking. Just try not to be so predictable. The only time I struggle with kill moves is when my opponent knows I'm devoting my entire game to stocking his 180% snake. If you're obviously spamming U-Smash, you'll never hit it. Change it up a little: Try the occasional SH D-Air and follow up with B-Air.

It just takes practice. Falco doesn't have a lack of kill moves. He's just predictable when killing. If you can remove the predictability, you'll have no problems.

wasabicheese

Smash Journeyman
B-Air and U-Smash are your two best friends. U-Smash is one of Falco's fastest killing moves (with reasonable range. D-Smash is fast, but difficult to hit with) and B-Air is just awesome. But as always, it really depends on your playing style.

Every air-attack besides F-Air can kill someone. Every smash attack can kill someone. Even your Side-B can sometimes kill. You shouldn't have much of a problem stocking. Just try not to be so predictable. The only time I struggle with kill moves is when my opponent knows I'm devoting my entire game to stocking his 180% snake. If you're obviously spamming U-Smash, you'll never hit it. Change it up a little: Try the occasional SH D-Air and follow up with B-Air.

It just takes practice. Falco doesn't have a lack of kill moves. He's just predictable when killing. If you can remove the predictability, you'll have no problems.
my thoughts exactly

bowz

Smash Journeyman
Practice perfect shielding. If they are big on approaching, especially in the air, perfect shield into forward smash works wonders. If they are at high enough percentage, spot dodge into down smash is great. Sweet spot bairs when they are recovering are usually easy to dodge, but very beneficial if connected.

Top Bottom