• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble connecting my wii to wifi

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Hey guys, due to me going to college, I no longer have an accessible community around me, so I want to play some wifi. However...my wii won't connect to the internet. My laptop gets on the internet by putting a username AND password, but when I connect to the wireless on my wii, it only asks me for a password...I don't know how to get on wifi. Do any of you guys know how I can make it connect?

I don't have internet channel, and I can't go on the download channel (or whatever) to get the internet channel since I don't have internet.

CaptainKirby

Smash Lord
Could be that your router is just not compatible with the Wii. You may just need to buy an adapter or catch someone else's internet if all else fails.

Zulo

Smash Ace
I assume since it's college and you need a username, you're talking about something different than it wants. Correct me if I'm wrong about this, but you can connect to the internet without the username/password, and it brings you to a page where you put those in. You just can't access anything else until you log in. This is asking for a WEP code. Do you remember putting one in the first time you connected to the wifi?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
OP didnt say whether or not he was at college or at home. So im not sure how to assist.

I've built my own home network from the ground up, but i've never lived in a college dorm. Good luck having a decent connection at college =\

Zulo

Smash Ace
You can't connect to the router at all? I'm confused about your setup then, is it at college or home?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
College. I mean, I can connect to the router, but it asks for a password (Yay) and no matter what I put in it doesn't work, so I can't get to a home-page or anything to legitimately connect.

Zulo

Smash Ace
And you've tried the WEP key? If so, I don't know how to help you. If you need to get to a homepage, it may be impossible without the web browser.

DaBeast

Smash Ace
NNID
DaBessBeast
3DS FC
3566-1658-7713
You might have to get this if you have problems with your connection. Buy it when you are definitely sure that there is no other solutions available.

You can also try asking your computer teacher, I'm sure he can help.:)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Typically when i brought my laptop to campus, and shes wasnt connected, a page would load with the campus' login/password page. The login/password were the same for everyone fyi. And these change every year so please keep this in mind when the next school year starts.

I'm looking at the wii's wireless section now so try this;

Make sure the setting is wireless

Go to manual set up!!

Again make sure its wireless. And enter your campus ID on the SSID section.

Select the type of security setting the college runs off of

Leave everything else default, Save. Enter your campus password whenever it prompts you. It should after you enter the SSID i think.

Try getting on wifi now.
If that doesnt work, there should be an IT guy on campus that monitors their network. Ask teachers or students where his office is and go directly to him. Make sure you have a pencil and a sheet of paper as you will most likely need to write down all the settings he tells you.

Some campus' may not allow gaming systems onto their networks. So do your own research and found out what the colleges' policys are for their internet use on-campus.

That Lan adapter might not be such a bad idea since college wireless is usually *** when its wifi.

Top Bottom