• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trouble against chain moves

HmwkLater

Smash Rookie
So recently I got stomped by fox... and one of the main reason is that the player abused that uptilt attack of his non stop. What it does it that it repeatedly hits and ganon goes up in the air, and can't do anything but get hit over and over and over, until 0% to 50% and the knockback is out of that spam range. It's kinda ridiculous and because I'm new, I feel like there are ways to get out of that but I just don't know about it... Any suggestions?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Unfortunately, as Ganon, the best thing we can do is just take it and try to anticipate their next move after the juggle. Mario is probably the best juggler against Ganon (talented Marios can very easily get 70% off of a low% string), and the same applies to him.

(Note: Sheik's juggles are more dangerous, but aren't as damaging)

Knowing this though, know that these characters will fish hard for these setups at low percents, so act accordingly. That is, at low percents, it's better to get grabbed for 10% than juggled for 50%, so while at low percents, hold your shield rather than spotdodge/roll. Also, if you're at 10% or lower, try to DI (press the stick downward) downward against a Sheik FTilt, Fox UTilt or Mario UTilt. If they're off by a little bit, you'll be able to land and perfect shield.

So yes, frustrating as it may be, such is yoke borne by we Ganons. Just don't panic when you get juggled. Players can usually smell that impatience and neurosis, and just wait for you to make a hasty move. So keep your poise and just roll with the punches. Ganon can match that 50% easily.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ganon generally has a hard time between 0 - 50% against jugglers.
Do you best to trade hits with Nair, Uair, or even Fair.
You can also try to vector up and then wizkick down -- it's very punishable, but the worst thing that can happen is probably that he'll start juggling you again.
Once you're at 50%+, it's easier to counter and get your own momentum going.

Last edited:

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
What you should try doing is holding up when you get hit. It will make it so that you get launched farther up, making it harder for him to repeat the Utilt spam. If you hold up, I think you can jump out of it before the next one hits you after like 2-3 Utilts instead of taking like 8 to the face.

I haven't actually tested this out in depth or anything, but holding up makes juggle combos way harder in general. Also, you don't want to jump out too early because you can get hit right after jumping and lose your jump until you land. You just need to get a feel for when you are able to jump out.

Xinc

Smash Lord
NNID
xincmars
3DS FC
2981-7601-8481
Vectoring up is probably the best thing you could do if you get caught. Otherwise, try to stray clear from Fox and hit only when you're sure you're not going to whiff. It's important to play patiently (though I need to learn about that myself)

Shogger

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shogger
3DS FC
2552-2996-2619
Yeah, like everyone says just vector up. You can't hope to vector out of it from the side so your only option is to minimize the amount of attacks it takes for you to launch clear of him.

Top Bottom