• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trophy Rush Question

Rew

Smash Journeyman
I've seen some people say they can routinely get 40+ trophies and 5+ custom parts in Trophy Rush. My question is, how? I always use Fox (neutral-B), DK (down-B), or Mario/Dr. Mario (side-B), and can only manage 20-30 trophies and 2-4 customs. There's just too much crap to avoid (lightning ball, bomb box, cannons) to do any better than that.

For those of you who can score really high every time, what are your strategies (besides git gud)?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I have no idea exactly how many trophies or parts I have gotten, but my high score with DK is 269925. What's your high score? If my score is better than yours, then maybe I could help. I have a feeling you and I have faired similarly, however.

lusterkid

Smash Rookie
NNID
GrapeSodaGuru
Using really powerful attacks can keep you in one place for too long sometimes, and so my advice is to absolutely prioritize movement and you'll maybe end up taking out more blocks overall, so whenever the trophies and coins start falling, they aren't scattering all over the place and falling off the edge.

SmashXX

Smash Cadet
I hear Wario's bike is really good but I haven't tried it myself... maybe I'll try it later today.

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
I use Game and watch and spam Nair to break crates and his running attack to send blocks I don't want away. I can get 20-30 with him. Not sure who to use to get better results... Little Mac and Greninja have done ok as well.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Spam aerials. You shouldn't be using specials at all. Lightning balls come when you stop moving around.

I can get 5, though not consistently. I think I did it with Mario.

GW nair spam is one of the good strategies. Lots of characters have a good nair spam.

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
I've found I got good scores with Charizard, Samus and Little Mac.
Charizards Nair is pretty good.
Samus's Up strong attack can destroy the Black boxes that shoot flames.
Little Mac lots of his ground moves can take care of them also . His up strong attack and charging his smashes to break black boxes.
But you gotta keep moving

Top Bottom