• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tristate Gaming - SSBM Tournament - Elmsford, NY - 1/21/07 (now with low-tier!)

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I spoke to MJ yesterday and he told me his policy with paying for two tourneys at once.

He said he doesn't want singles to suck, so if you come planning to enter a tourney the singles is mandatory. That is, you can't wimp out in singles planning to only enter low-tier. However, you can play singles then get refunded $10 if you don't want to stay for low tier.

LIBF

Smash Cadet
Nice

Looks like alot of good players coming. I've been practicing since that last Gauntlet down at NY clan, like 2 hours a day so hopefully I can do some nifty stuff to save my *** this tourney :laugh:

And Cactaur, I WILL Tech your chain uthrow back throw little scheme, I'm onto you and your anti-fast faller marth :(

Sol

Smash Lord
Results

Normal
1st Sol
2nd Tetra
3rd Phish-it
4th Ky
5th LIBF

Low Teir
1st Tetra
2nd Phish-it
3rd Sol
4th Ky

Nintendude

Smash Hero
MJ said he'll email me the full results...or what results he could recover lol
I'll post a results thread when I get his email.

You're too good Sol! Too bad I only got 1 match vs. you the whole time though.

The Bino

Smash Lord
AvalanchE for the WIN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's whas up wit my dawgs from AvalanchE... winning tourney's and ish... and even if they didn't win the Low Tier they got the top slots

D@mn i wish i would've went... i ain't gonna brag that i would've been up there wit ya, but it would've been fun and def would've had the whole squad repping AvalanchE baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sol

Smash Lord
AvalanchE for the WIN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's whas up wit my dawgs from AvalanchE... winning tourney's and ish... and even if they didn't win the Low Tier they got the top slots

D@mn i wish i would've went... i ain't gonna brag that i would've been up there wit ya, but it would've been fun and def would've had the whole squad repping AvalanchE baby!!!!!!!!!!!!
And soon AvalanchE will be takin all the tourneys

phish-it

Smash Champion

I got cheated though. In the low tier I only got eliminated once. Pretty disappointing if you ask me.

The Bino

Smash Lord
I got cheated though. In the low tier I only got eliminated once. Pretty disappointing if you ask me.
its all good tho Phish, cuz AvalanchE is movin in the direction it needs to, next tourney is KF n u gonna be seeing RuBar n BarBino teamin up for that, so u kno its gonna get interestin up in there now, if u thought BAR n Bino was good, wait til u c us in action, we better than RuBar n XBar n definitely somethin to watch out for

Sol

Smash Lord
well the final set looked like this
match 1 Sol(fox) vs Tetra(falco) Pokemon stadium Sol wins 2 stock
match 2 Sol(fox) vs Tetra(falco) FD Tetra wins 1 stock
match 3 Sol(peach) vs Tetra(falco) Dreamland Sol wins 1 stock
match 4 Sol(peach) vs Tetra(sheik) battlefield Tetra wins 1 stock
match 5 Sol(fox) vs Tetra(sheik) FD Sol wins 1 stock
match 6 Sol(fox) vs Tetra(sheik) battlefield tetra wins 2 stock
match 7 Sol(fox) vs Tetra(sheik) pokemon stadium Sol wins 1 stock
one hell of a set if you ask me

phish-it

Smash Champion
How'd that happen?
Apparently Tetra only had to win one set against me when he came back from losers, even though I was still in winners. So I never got put into losers but was still eliminated.

MJ said something along the lines of people complaining coming back in losers and started an argument because they had to win 2 sets instead of win or something like that at a previous tournament.

But for next time....

Either do the 2 set method, or the MLG method:

Say player A beats player B in winners 3-1

Then B comes back from losers and plays A in a best 4/7 set. Except the resume from where they left off; Player A has 3 and Player B has 1.

Sol is just that good. But I'd rather fight him in tournament; Tetra always beats me....

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Ok, I'll tell him to implement one of those methods.
I think Tetra might have been having a bad day. Either that or I got a lot better, since I was beating his Falco and even beat him in our Sheik ditto. But it was also friendlies so maybe he wasn't trying his hardest.

The Bino

Smash Lord
but i heard acemarth and killafox were teaming for that tourney...i heard they we're really good together. im scared lol.

nah but congrats sol. did u actually beat tetra? if so, wat was the set?
Yo Ace we gonna have mad fun matches at ur tourney... no doubt bout that... RuBar is on a incredible stride on his Chars and he is improvin and just don't stop... and me well i suck so he is gonna be pickin up the slack cuz of my wack as$ Samus lol

Top Bottom