• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trick to SHUAWD

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
So i know its possible to do this but i never ever see anyone do it. ALong time ago the cape told me there was a trick to doing it (with mario, but i assume it applies here as well). I didn't really play doc then, so i didn't worry about it. Now though, I want to know. So i found that is really easy to DJ after the SHUA with good timing, but pretty much impossible for me to get the air dodge timed right because its harder to coordinate the shoulder button and juystick, epecially when they both take longer to press/move then the y/x button. However, i found that if I act like i'm on the ground and do a normal WD, with the DJ followed by the air dodge, albeit a very fast WD compared to the normal speed required for Doc's wd, more like fox's, then i can get a decent SHUAWD with ease.

I have yet to ask Cape if this was his trick, but I personally think it makes it incredibly easy.

I know SHUAWD isn't that important to docs game, since most people don' use it anyways from what i've seen (which isn't that many pro docs/marios, but i've never seen Bob$, SmashMac, Green Mario, etc. do it--or even Cape, come to think of it) and only SHBAWD is shown in tutorial vids. However i'm sure it could have some uses, like maybe making it easier or possible in some normally impossibly scenarios to uair juggle, or a myriad of other things.

Any thoughts on this?

edit: sweet, Cape says I was right.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
It's late, so I don't have the will power or attention span to make a worthwhile post. However, the reason it seems worthless to me is that, unlike Bair, the Uair juggles them, well, up. Hence the juggling aspect. Seeings how you can SHFF and not need to L-Cancel it, that allows for rapid movements and lack of lag. However, the Bair sends the opponent away from you horizontally. The wave land after the Bair allows for much greater distance to be covered in a shorter amount of time, making comboing and pursuing much easier. With the Uair, it is a rather cumbersome ability that doesn't seem to serve much person other than self gratification. Not trying to be rude or put you down, but it just doesn't seem worthwhile. Nice trick, however.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
(shrugs) well I'm not a very good doc player but I suppose it could be usefull if you get the hit with the up air that sends your opponent backwards

DrGrimReaper

Smash Apprentice
Nah, SHUAWD would be a more useful technique. Espescially seeing as doc's u-air can hit people anywhich way behind, above, or infront of Doc. Being able to WD directly after a SHUA is more practicle when you're trying to juggle people quickly.

What is not practicle, is DJ'ing into a WD as chRed explains.

It's so frustrating >_> I get SHBAWD and SHUAWD conceptually but practicly speaking they're both so freaking hard to do.

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
sounds cool.

i was pretty sure this was possible, yet hadnt taken the time to try it really :/

whereas it wont be nearly as useful as wavelanding bairs, it'll still have some pretty good useage. it wont amplify the versatility of the Uair hugely, given that its already pretty awesome as a juggling tool.

point is, it looks ****ing pro.

-x-

DrGrimReaper

Smash Apprentice
practicle shmaticle, with enough practicing many moves become practicle. Take pilling, I'm sure in the beginning people were like, 'omgosh pills are lame, they're not as fast as fireballs & they're just stupid pills,' and now there are quite a few uses & moves for pilling, with their own neat little names I might add :p

Top Bottom