• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Trick or Treat!

Sporkman

Smash Ace
That's right, a halloween thread. I want to hear your greatest halloween tales with lots of emphasis on the costumes, from the simple cereal box and knife to a fully transforming Optimus Prime costume, not for laughs, but for ideas! Seeing as the halloween party at my university has £200 to give away to the best dressed, given I don't have said Optimus Prime costume and the cheap serial killer gag isn't going to win any competitions in the near future I thought I'd turn to you guys.

Not one to demand from a crowd without giving back, ill tell you of my youthful teenage years, where jacked up on Dragonball Z I demanded that I go as the Great Saiyaman. Needless nobody knew who I was and I had to explain at every bloody house I turned up at. Joy!

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I went to a Halloween party at a bar last Friday...really weird and ridiculous night. I'll type out the story when I have time.

However, the costume that won the contest was Steve Urkel. Second was Tyrone Banks, and third place was Creepy Guy in a Trenchcoat. I personally liked the Optimus Prime costume though ;)

Jammer

Smash Lord
Um, Halloween was actually the only time I had an encounter with the police.

I was with about five friends (thinking back, they were more "bad influences" than friends).

They thought it would be funny to set off some firecrackers. We did, we ran away, and it was fine. Then, we decided to go to a grocery store to get some eggs to throw at houses. I waited outside while two of them went in to buy the eggs.

That was when the police car came by, stopped, and the police man got out. He talked to us for a bit, and noticed that I was dressed up as a girl. I'm sure he thought I was gay.

Anyway, he knows exactly what's going on. He knows we're buying something to vandalize people's houses with.

All the while we were talking to the police man, we were trying to discreetly motion through the windows of the store to the kids inside to drop the eggs and not come out. It was too late, though, because the police man saw them and made them come out. He proceeded to lecture us for a while, and then took down all our names. Then he made us return the eggs. He warned us that if he found out that anybody's house was vandalized, we would be getting in big trouble.

It was really bad because the father of one of my friends there was a police officer in the same station as the one who caught us. His father would kill him if he found out that his kid was doing something illegal. The kid was debating whether to take the chance that his dad would find out in casual conversation with the police officer, or to go back home and tell his dad what happened, which would significantly reduce his punishment.

The poor kid. I never did find out what he did.

After that harrowing ordeal, we all went to one of the kids houses and played video games. No more trick-or-treating for us.

That was about 5 years ago.

slick128

Smash Apprentice
I got my OK looking Count Bleck costume. It's not the best but I like how it turned out.

MattDel

Smash Apprentice
Cleveland, Ohio (who actually puts this here?)
im not going trick or treating (too old... almost 18!), but the seniors at my high school get to dress up on halloween, so i'm going to be borat... i'll probably follow this up after school on halloween... or, if things take a turn for the worse, the "most embarassing things at school" thread... :ohwell:

Sporkman

Smash Ace
You guys are no help at all. Costume Ideas for a PARTY! I don't care about trick or treating, I just needed something halloween related for the title!

voittaa711

Smash Journeyman
Chicagoland area---1v1 no items AIM- Voittaa711
I'm known to have the funniest most innapropriate costumes around here.

A couple years ago I was a gay arobic instructor.

Last year I was naked with a box over me (being a present) and the tag said "TO WOMEN FROM GOD"

This year...still haven't decided but I will by tomorrow

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Last year I was naked with a box over me (being a present) and the tag said "TO WOMEN FROM GOD"
That's more like it! Although going naked in the Glaswegian streets at night is perhaps something I'd look to avoid. Quality idea though. Hey, if people can wear kilts..

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I work in a building full of old people. There was a company wide newsletter that came out today, stating that they're allowed to bring their children, and we should give them candy as they cubicle trick-or-treat.

What the hell! **** kids...

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
whoa... you're being borat too? small world!
No, that you just being not original. Being dressed like Borat is like being dressed as a ghost.

Also, I liked the "Gift from God" idea. Too bad we don't celebrate Halloween over here(well, some clubs have parties with Halloween as theme, but I usually go to them as "a person that doesn't make a complete fool out of himself")..

Sporkman

Smash Ace
I was thinking of going as Waldo and not turning up..
He's actually called Wally here but I thought I'd cater to my audience for once.

EDIT: Just got back from the centre of Glasgow with a huge cardboard box. Picked up some weird looks along the way aswell as wrapping paper and sellotape.

If I lose my stones I'll wrap cling film round my head (safely and responsibly) and put shaving cream all over my head, going as The Moon from The Mighty Boosh.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Halloween is awesome. I love the feeling of it.

I always watch Halloween specials on TV and eat Candy Corn! :)

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I'm sad that I'm too old to Trick or Treat =< When I have kids, I'm making them give me some of the candy.

I didn't dress up this year since I'm out of the country. I couldn't figure out who I wanted to be this year, anyways. Man, I hate missing Halloween.

ToXn

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon Trainer Costume > All.

I saw someone as optimus prime he had a skateboard on his chest, so he could "transform" and had a helemt that made his voice sound like it. Then I saw a BioShock big daddy costume,2 Links, A Gordan FreeMan Costume, and stupid Kingdom Hearts costumes.

Those people were all nerd btw. Except for the Girl who was the pokemon trainer.

Sir James

The Doctor
I haven't dressed up for Halloween in years. Tonight I'm actually going to a Smash Brothers party. A few people may be dressed up but the main focus is playing Smash haha.

bossyjellyfish

Foxes Mate for Life
None of my friends were going, so I didn't have a point to go out. I tried to have my friend over, but apparently he's going out, and I decided to just sit at home and smash....

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I stopped trick-or-treating when I was 15. :p

Though I still like to cause minor mischief. It always feels good to scream at people, and to be considered 'festive' for doing so.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I think the only real age you need to stop is when you can just go off and buy candy.

I stopped around 12

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Well, I always buy some kind of gorey, rubber thing with fake blood. With my experince I've figured out how to make it look really good. It's kinda hard to make it look real like it is on the package, but as long as noone actually comes up close to your face and examines it, it will look fine the way I do it.

There are certain kinds of the blood to buy and what not. It's pretty fun when everyone stares at you...

But if you really think that this will win or anything, I'll be happy to tell you how I do it.

Jammer

Smash Lord
Meh, I always come up with the most ridiculous costumes. I think they're cool, but then I wear them and I realize they're just dorky. I'd give examples if I weren't too embarrassed.

Top Bottom