• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TreynThOt(Link) matches

Legan

Smash Lord
Good **** trev, i wouldnt expect anything less from you seeing that you had such a great melee link. That last match on smashville brought back some bad memories. The falco chaingrab to dair spike is exactly what took me out of my last tourney, along with a barage of lasers. Competent falcos can really be a pain for link. Thanks for the videos, enjoyed every match. We really need to play sometime, wed have some hellacious matches.

TrevynThOt

Smash Apprentice
cool thanks man for the input I'm not as great as i was in melee yet but i soon will be ;)

D

Deleted member

the king is back to resume his rightful place

good **** mang

its also good to see that forward plays this game lol

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Good **** trev, i wouldnt expect anything less from you seeing that you had such a great melee link. That last match on smashville brought back some bad memories. The falco chaingrab to dair spike is exactly what took me out of my last tourney, along with a barage of lasers. Competent falcos can really be a pain for link. Thanks for the videos, enjoyed every match. We really need to play sometime, wed have some hellacious matches.
"Competent falcos can really be a pain for link." No kidding.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Nice job spacing those jabs, I have issues with my brother getting to close to me with Wolf and he just shield grabs after I jab once or twice. It is good to see videos versus Falco, that Falco seemed bad *** as well. Great Job!

henrytran

Smash Apprentice
These games show that Falco got pissed by Marth's chaingrabs in Melee, and came back with chaingrab fcking vengeance in Brawl. That chaingrab-> dair over edge combo is pretty much the most annoyig thing ever; looks even easier than Marth's chaingrab-> tipper!

Trevyn, I still see the old Melee influence on your game (as far as the few Melee vids I remember of your Link). Still gg though.

Squadallah

Smash Rookie
Most of my experience from playing Falcos is from Melee, but it still looks like he's pretty easy to edgeguard, so I think you let him off the hook a bit.

It's hard to recognize patterns as you're playing, but I noticed the Falco player used his side-B almost exclusively when coming back to the stage. I'm not totally sure about this as far as the priorities go, but I think you would be able to pull off a D-air in that situation (sometimes you did a boost smash towards the edge instead which didn't really work out). Falco side-B attack would run right into your sword plant, and the Master Sword should win that battle.

BooM!!

Smash Cadet
Falco's slightly harder to edgeguard in this game due to the auto sweetspot at the edge and his side-b is a lot faster now and harder to predict.. It has decent priority now, I think, but d-air should go through it.
It seems a little risky though, because if you miss, he can get a free grab/smash attack or whatever.

Nice vids, Trevyn!

Top Bottom