• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Transportation/Housing Thread

rogerthat

Smash Rookie
Looking for carpool from nyc, and housing too. Just me. Will chip in for gas/room money.
Preferably leaving friday night / sat morning

Flynn-Scifo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Irregularjinny
3DS FC
3153-4222-7967
Heya Guys! I'm looking for housing for 4 days over the tournament ( and if possible my last days of my stay, might be with Armada since he might travel home to sweden with the same flights but if I dont have housing I might need it :( )

I'm leaving the 22nd from NYC JFK airport so if someone could help me out on getting there
(drive, directions, whatts the pro transportation etc ) that would be very kind.

My smashtag is IrregularJinny (will be coming over with Mofat from DC, but prolly not the same car, Might be by train or how ever you get to APEX from there

rogerthat

Smash Rookie
From Apex to NYC is about an hour drive. I'm taking public trans probably, since it's not that much more inconvenient, which is about 1:30. You can just look it up on google maps.

Can somebody check into the room for me? I'm going with a friend, and we're both 17. Since I found someone else to go with, it'd just be nice to have our own room, but obviously, minors can't check in. It'll be on my card anyway, so it's not like you'll be charged for anything.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Heya Guys! I'm looking for housing for 4 days over the tournament ( and if possible my last days of my stay, might be with Armada since he might travel home to sweden with the same flights but if I dont have housing I might need it :( )

I'm leaving the 22nd from NYC JFK airport so if someone could help me out on getting there
(drive, directions, whatts the pro transportation etc ) that would be very kind.

My smashtag is IrregularJinny (will be coming over with Mofat from DC, but prolly not the same car, Might be by train or how ever you get to APEX from there
Thursday-Sunday or Friday-Monday?

From Apex to NYC is about an hour drive. I'm taking public trans probably, since it's not that much more inconvenient, which is about 1:30. You can just look it up on google maps.

Can somebody check into the room for me? I'm going with a friend, and we're both 17. Since I found someone else to go with, it'd just be nice to have our own room, but obviously, minors can't check in. It'll be on my card anyway, so it's not like you'll be charged for anything.
When do you need to check in?

Flynn-Scifo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Irregularjinny
3DS FC
3153-4222-7967
I might've meant 5 days, since I am leaving DC on the 15th so Ideally housing would be nice for the entire stay but I mean yeah,
over the tournament nights comes first.

Wednesday to sunday would be preferable, if its not possible I'll just look around,

wed-sun is best if possible

but the best for me due to my flight being on wednesday in NYC
would be 7days , which I totally understand it's alot :(

Zoler

Smash Ace
Me and a few swedes are looking for housing. The dates we think we are staying in USA are 13th-20th(or19th) january, we'll probably stay at the hotel during Apex so the dates we need housing for is 13-16th and POSSIBLY the night after Apex.

Confirmed so far is Me, Armada, Aniolas, Raxomukus, H15, Jinny, and possibly 2-3 more. At least 4-5 of us need some kind of housing (Armada/Aniolas/Jinny might already have gotten housing, but I'm checking for them too anyway).

Thanks in advance! :)

peeup

Smash Lord
Looking to get from Hartford, CT to apex. I can pretty easily take a bus to NYC, so really if anybody can get me from NYC to Apex, that'd be awesome. I'll chip in for gas for anyone driving, of course. If nobody has room, is there any public transportation that can get me from here to there? This also applies to getting from Apex back to NYC on the 20th.

Also what are the options for housing?

rogerthat

Smash Rookie
For those looking to get to APEX from NYC - just look it up on google maps, it's fairly straightfoward, the route I'll be taking is the first result. It'll drop you off about 2.5 miles from the hotel, at which point you would call a cab.

peeup

Smash Lord
Can people going from NYC to Apex have some sort of coordination so we don't end up getting individual taxis? Would make a lot more sense to meet up with people in the same boat and try to share taxi fare.

rogerthat

Smash Rookie
I really really really want to do that, but I'm getting there saturday morning and leaving sunday night, so most likely I won't be colliding with anyone else's transit. If you check the facebook group you'll find a whole bunch of new yorkers though.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
Hey all. I'm driving from MA down to Apex thursday evening. I do have a small car (2 doors with backseats), so worst case I could cram four people, but it'd be best to have 3. Trunk space is a little limited too. If anyone needs a ride and you're near me or on my way to apex, let me know!

Edit: Also might be able to give people rides from train stations/airport once I arrive.
You can also do a google maps search for bolton, ma to somerset, nj with avoid tolls checked, to see my route.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I'm full at the moment. I may have one spot but it's currently reserved and I'm waiting to hear from the person.

gimpmastapolar

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone Im from buffalo NY and i was seeing if anyone will be willing to carpool. i can provide anything up to ps3 controllers, wiis, gamecube controllers and much more. i will be willing to contribute whatever it takes to get to this tourney and do the best i could do along! I swear i wont be a waste!

gimpmastapolar

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone Im from buffalo NY and i was seeing if anyone will be willing to carpool. i can provide anything up to ps3 controllers, wiis, gamecube controllers and much more. i will be willing to contribute whatever it takes to get to this tourney and do the best i could do along! I swear i wont be a waste!

RingWormTheDestroyer

Smash Apprentice
We're about 40 minutes east of buffalo but we might be able to get you.

Rizner

Smash Ace
Is there a bus/van/free transportation which goes from EWR to the venue, or is it past the range of general transportation vehicles to sit there?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I have one more spot left in my room. I have a room from the 16th-19th with checkout on Monday the 20th.

Top Bottom