• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Transforming into Sheik Before Start?

phamuraix

Smash Rookie
Sorry to bother you Sheik-pros with such a noob question, but I just started playing Sheik and I was wondering how you transform into Sheik from Zelda at the start of the match, before the platform goes away, I've seen it in a lot of videos but can't quite seem to find the answer.

Thanks

X-threilyss

Smash Apprentice
after selecting a stage, hold the "A" button as the sage is loading.. when the match starts you'll start out as shiek instead of Zelda

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
related question, if a bunch of sheiks are trying to do this, say for teams, is there a chance of it not working for some? I've played a bunch of matches with 2 or more sheiks and the transform doesn't work on occasion. Maybe some people just miss it?

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
I would think they just miss it. It happens from time to time. Plus, you have to hold A fairly early on during the 'Loading...' phase, as if you start sort of late, it won't be long enough, and you need to take the time at the start of the match to transform.

Viking Ness

Smash Journeyman
Thats probably it. I just thought that maybe it had something to do with the number of people trying to do it at the same time

darkatma

Smash Hero
Also please please please use the search function, this has been discussed so many times in the Sheik Boards, you're really just detracting from the quality of this board. Seriously, the search bar is there for a reason.. In fact, i think everyone should just let thread repeats like these die.

phamuraix

Smash Rookie
For fairness' sake, I did use the search function, as well as looked through as many Sheik guides as I could find, but I didn't encounter anything that directly answered my question. Sorry though.

Trespayne

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trespayne
I have never heard of the transforming at the start not working. I know I have played countless games with double or triple shieks and it has always worked fine. Just make sure you hold A when the stage is selected and you will be fine. It's a habit now for me to hold A even when I play as other characters...

darkatma

Smash Hero
For fairness' sake, I did use the search function, as well as looked through as many Sheik guides as I could find, but I didn't encounter anything that directly answered my question. Sorry though.
oh alright i guess : / My bad for accusing you then
Though, next time in your first post you could say you already tried searching it up, but came up with no results. Oh well, at least you know now :p

Top Bottom