• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tranq Reload Fake Out Idea

SSS

Smash Ace
Since Reload is such a punishable and difficult move, it would be interesting if there was an option to do a fake one, one that started out looking like you were going to reload, but then suddenly the move ends and your opponent (who was about to try to punish you for your reload) gets punished. Of course, you would have to start the fake out with the intentions of making it a fake out. Meaning you couldn't start a normal reload then just change your mind when they come in to punish you.

Also, instead of doing the shield press thing, I think it would be much better if it was a directional thing. Similar to how Marth's side-b has a side, up, and down permutation, you could have it be the same for Snake's. Normal side-b would be shooting, side-b-up would be reloading, and side-b-down would be the fakeout.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
I think the point of the long reload time is to make you keep track of your clip and use the tranqs strategically. Adding a fakeout option would lessen the importance of this, I feel. Still, I do wish the early reload was done differently - Side B to shield is kind of an awkward input, and there's no visual indicatior as to the window in which this works. It could just be that I'm not practiced enough with it, but I can't help hoping it changes a bit when the bugfix comes around.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I think the point of the long reload time is to make you keep track of your clip and use the tranqs strategically. Adding a fakeout option would lessen the importance of this, I feel. Still, I do wish the early reload was done differently - Side B to shield is kind of an awkward input, and there's no visual indicatior as to the window in which this works. It could just be that I'm not practiced enough with it, but I can't help hoping it changes a bit when the bugfix comes around.
Since being able to reload only on the last bullet was mistakingly put in, the bugfix will correct this and you will be able to reload at anytime you want, even with a full mag.

Also I know there's no visual indicator but 6 frames is a very manageable window and with the ability to do it at anytime now you should become more accustom to it.

Atb555

Smash Rookie
I haven't seen any vids of Snake being doing the quick reload. I couldn't even do it myself when I borrowed my mates Wii for a weekend :confused:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I haven't seen any vids of Snake being doing the quick reload. I couldn't even do it myself when I borrowed my mates Wii for a weekend :confused:
Well before you could only reload on your last bullet so maybe you were doing it right and didn't notice lol.
Press Side B then shield within 6 frames.

FlashingFire

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
I thought the reload was still buggy until I realized that my R button was set to attack so I could DACUS lol. Everything works fine now.

Atb555

Smash Rookie
Well before you could only reload on your last bullet so maybe you were doing it right and didn't notice lol.
Press Side B then shield within 6 frames.
Nah I knew it was only possible with the last bullet couldn't do it. I will try again with the new update.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
So "quick reload" is really "early reload", correct?

I think a fake reload is a good idea, but it should empty your clip, so you remain without tranqs until you do a real reload.

idol

Smash Rookie
how about making the reload speed based on the amount left in the clip

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
itd be dope if you could change the trajectory of snakes c4 when dropping it from the air, sorta like how his Nikita was on the ground

Top Bottom