• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training Mode

tRoll King

Smash Cadet
Does it really affect knockback and anything like that? Also does playing as first, second, etc. player actually affect things such as grab priority? I been searchin' around and haven't found any legit answers.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
In training mode, attacks are not affected by the stale moves system and therefore does not give a true analysis on combos. Also, attacks kill 5% less than it does in an actual match.

For grab priority, if you grab each other at the same time, the one who is the 1st port will grab first. This also applies if you happen to get launched off the screen the same time as your opponent, and you end up dying at the same time. The only who is at the 1st port survives while the later loses a stock.

I believe this also applies to stuff like Bowser's suicide klaw and the DeDeDe/Kirbycides.

tRoll King

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the info. I've heard a lot of things about this topic and wasn't sure about it.

Btw I heard some stuff about the other ports, can't remember what they were about, but I know they were about the 3rd and 4th ones.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Doesn't character size sort of contribute to teh factor on who wins first?

Like whose to say who wins if Bowser Bowsercides a Kirby?

Joxer

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJej6kCgxVM
In training mode, attacks are not affected by the stale moves system and therefore does not give a true analysis on combos. Also, attacks kill 5% less than it does in an actual match.

For grab priority, if you grab each other at the same time, the one who is the 1st port will grab first. This also applies if you happen to get launched off the screen the same time as your opponent, and you end up dying at the same time. The only who is at the 1st port survives while the later loses a stock.

I believe this also applies to stuff like Bowser's suicide klaw and the DeDeDe/Kirbycides.
Doesn't the simultaneous kill stuff and ports also apply during regular play?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
^Yes.

And I'm not too entirely sure about that Kinzer. They pretty much die at the same time, but they -can- go into sudden death. Bowser's is a weird one indeed.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Does it really affect knockback and anything like that? Also does playing as first, second, etc. player actually affect things such as grab priority? I been searchin' around and haven't found any legit answers.
1. Knockback and damage percentage remain constant in training mode.

2. Yes; in most cases, I believe the case is whoever has a controller in an even slot will out prioritize another person's grab. I believe this is also the case for attacks like Bowser's Flying Slam which determines who dies first.

Lord Yawgmoth

Smash Apprentice
^Yes.

And I'm not too entirely sure about that Kinzer. They pretty much die at the same time, but they -can- go into sudden death. Bowser's is a weird one indeed.
It is my understanding that if bowser is in a lower port, he will win. Otherwise, it will go into sudden death. (If you are playing by SBR rules, this is still a win because of 'teh lameness')

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
First question: In training mode, knockback/damage is not reduced.
Second question: The player with the higher controller port as an advantage in grabbing if I'm not mistaken.

As for the Bowser thing, it doesn't really matter because he can use his side B again at the bottom blast zone and not die anyway. (I think)

Random:
You should be able to grab the sandbag. =/
And set its hitbox size.
And weight.

<_<

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Damage is not reduced in training mode, rather it is increased. As is knockback, I believe.

XienZo

Smash Lord
Nah, it has no stale moves, but in return to that, in regular battles, completely non-stale moves get a bonus of about 1% compared to training.

salaboB

Smash Champion
Doesn't character size sort of contribute to teh factor on who wins first?

Like whose to say who wins if Bowser Bowsercides a Kirby?
You'd think size would matter for Bowsercides, but it really doesn't.

Top Bottom