• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

trainer = 40 characters.... read why...

Spazznid

Smash Cadet
Actually it would spark the creation of a new word.... on that surpasses Ownage and makes it look like a cute little dot at the verry bottom of the graph of awesomeness.....

andrewg

Smash Apprentice
Personally I'm hoping for 50+.

A few days ago I had a discussion with someone about how weird it would be if they had ash in the game (yeah, I know it's not ash), but I was thinking it would be awkward, I guess we will just have to find out.

That'd be really funny if the pokemon trainer had no moveset at all.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I'm hoping for 40+ 35 and under seems to small for Brawl considering we waited 6 years for the new game to come out.

Japan releasing early is realistic. The game came out November 22, 2001, and expected date is the 23rd.
US. will be the same date it came out 6 years ago.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
In the recent months of watching these rooms, I've come to see many anticipations for Brawl, particularly through the updates releaved the the Dojo. It's good to share one's honest feelings with others. What really grinds my gears though, are the complaints, whining, and general *****ing and moaning of members who are clearly mistaken of the realities of game development or marketing.

1. Understanding division of labor
Here's a simple question I think everyone can understand: Would you put the group in charge of balancing your game's mechanics to work on the game's art direction? Or vice-versa? If the answer is Yes, then forcefully hit yourself in the face with your keyboard until the answer becomes No. A notable product of such a misconception would be the Stickers update.

-And no, an extensive single player mode will not detract from the multiplayer. Single-player has been a stab wound in need of treatment since Smash 64.
If they feel that Brawl's multiplayer is "complete," guess what? That's it. They will move on to other things, and leave their completed projects to the testers. They too, work on a similar schedule of "test till they feel it's done." They'll only go back to it if they're bored. That often isn't possible due to time constraints, which are the same plague even if less content was being produced. The testing is often the phase that is waited on before going gold, after all.

2. The Dojo Updates and Game Content
Guess what? You're not the only person in this world whom Nintendo wishes to sell this game to. Casual players of the game exist. In fact, they greatly outnumber the competive playerbase. A great many aspects of the game are being revealed through the updates on the Dojo, designed to be revealed in a pattern which will appeal to many groups of people. The minor updates will inevitably outnumber the major ones. To keep suspense, it's likely that not every major thing will be revealed by the time Brawl hits the shelves. But it comes to a point where people accuse the updates of "sucking" or "a waste of time" that again, touches my nerves. Chances are, this is coming from the competitive players.

You have the gall to harshly complain that these updates are crap? Tell me, what is the alternative? Either nothing, or the infequent pictures or videos we get through sites like IGN. You're already receiving a free service that is above and beyond the call of duty of a game developer. Actually complaining about it only serves to show one thing: you are selfish, and you're clearly not aware that a game's fan base consists of more people than you.

The rest of my family would more than likely not even be interested in playing this game if it wasn't for good single player (they eventually get bored of getting owned) or the opportunity to mess around with earnable collectibles such as stickers. What makes a game sell and achieve good scores (thus keeping a reputation afloat) is the ability to instill wide appeal. The features being revealed serve just that purpose. And you're actually complaining about them as if they'll take away from other parts of the game.

In short, I can sum up this rant in three, very simple words:

GET. OVER. YOURSELVES.
/rant off
This is a wonderful post I found for all who believe Pokemon, or anything else on Dojo, is "a load of crap"

The Brawler

Smash Apprentice
ive just been suprised by todays update.
pokemon trainer is a character.
that means they are willing to use a valuable character space again for the pokemon series.
this concludes my point 100% that there will be tons of characters in this game.
im guessing 45
im super serious , he brought another pokemon into this game.
there will be a ****load of characters. dont be stingey anymore. this confirms it.

(i thought ash would be a AT that would throw venasaur,blastoise, and charizard at the same time on stage, a few months back... this was a close prediction)

but wtf?

who else believes there will be a grip of characters in brawl??
Ok there is just no way there going to put 45 characters in the game. First that would make it to easy to unlock each one second its just to many. Third they cant make each character super hard to unlock that would take too long.

Chrisiscool

Smash Apprentice
every1 should read this

Ok there is just no way there going to put 45 characters in the game. First that would make it to easy to unlock each one second its just to many. Third they cant make each character super hard to unlock that would take too long.

my point is bieng shown more with what you said.....
how easy do u think it will be to unlock characters?
your basing your predictions on melee.
this is the wii, this is 6 years later.
this character proves to expect wat you wouldnt
if you say it will be too easy to unlock all the characters.... i think it will take awhile
but it wont be super hard.
theres just a lot more modes in this game that need to be completed with more characters in order to unlock new characters.
this is a totally updated game... much like ssb64 to ssbm

imo = 24 starters. 16 unlockables
4 rows of six with 2 empty spaces on each side of a row. sumthin like that.
maybe not 45 but 40, minus transformations.
pt has 3 pkmn ..... samus and zamus.... maybe.. a newcomer with a transformation or shiek/zelda or even link/wolflink
so 40 characters slots...... but yet 45 with transformations =]

EDIT= look at my next post below this....

Chrisiscool

Smash Apprentice
predicted unlockables......assuming only pichu and roy are gone

Ridley,
Diddy kong,
Bowser jr,
Krystal,
King Dedede,
Lyn,
Toad/Petey/Waluigi......(just a side mario character/possibly a character from mario galaxy),
Birdo,
King K. Rool,
Baby Mario riding yoshi
Captain Olimar,
Tingle
Megaman
Mr. Resetti
Wolf
Sonic
???? (suprise character no1 in america really thought of) possibly..... 2D Mario..... or sumthing

44 characters with the assumed characters returning except roy and pichu.
every1 one else AT
=]

**EDIT 8-22-07**= yep diddy.... starting to belive me? birdo/crystal next =]

Top Bottom